shit that dissappeared during the great rona supply chain clusterfuck

Hagbard Celine

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

funyuns

canada dry diet ginger ale

large-size stouffers frozen meals: broccoli fetuccine, turkey/stuffing/mashedtaters, spaghetti

I haven’t needed to buy it lately, but the large Stouffers lasagna is currently unavailable?  That’s disheartening.

5 minutes ago, RPM said:

Went shopping yesterday morning and I can report that Wallyworld has plenty of large Stouffers entrees.

Good to know.  It ain’t gourmet shit, but a large Stouffers lasagna can feed a bunch of people at a low price point.  Mix up a good salad and get some good bread and you are good to go for feeding a crowd.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Oddly enough the only two times I've bought Funyons during the past 15 years, once was at the 7-11 off of 620 by Lake Travis a few months ago and the other was at a Publix in Florida. I don't think they've disappeared. Bunch of high mfers probably just buying them all up. 

Also fuck that commie Canada Dry stuff, do they ship Vernors to your parts of the world?

• Hook 'Em 1

Rational thought and the ability to discern science from fantasy.  

Also, those surfboard shaped chips from Trader Joe's.  They had just a rumor of salt instead of the sodium-drenched shitchips in every other bag.  And now they're gone.  Only available in California.  AHHHHHH!  They went so well with my homemade salsa. 

14 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Oddly enough the only two times I've bought Funyons during the past 15 years, once was at the 7-11 off of 620 by Lake Travis a few months ago and the other was at a Publix in Florida. I don't think they've disappeared. Bunch of high mfers probably just buying them all up. 

Also fuck that commie Canada Dry stuff, do they ship Vernors to your parts of the world?

Funyons were definitely in short supply.  They have been better in the past 4 to 6 weeks.

15 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

My mom was from Michigan, and while she didn't give a shit about Vernors, it was often the only "soft drink" in my cousins' house when we were kids. 

Shit tasted like Malort, Topo Chico, and whiskey. Pretty intense experience for a child.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Rational thought and the ability to discern science from fantasy.  

Also, those surfboard shaped chips from Trader Joe's.  They had just a rumor of salt instead of the sodium-drenched shitchips in every other bag.  And now they're gone.  Only available in California.  AHHHHHH!  They went so well with my homemade salsa. 

yeah but sodium tastes gud. 

Styro cups from many convenience stores.  Like in the past 2 weeks...
Weird.

Not just convenience stores - was in a Whataburger on the road yesterday, and saw that for at least one size, they were using plain white cups. Saw that at a sandwich store the other day as well - they can’t get enough of their branded cups.

7 hours ago, slorch said:

Styro cups from many convenience stores.  Like in the past 2 weeks...

Weird.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Not just convenience stores - was in a Whataburger on the road yesterday, and saw that for at least one size, they were using plain white cups. Saw that at a sandwich store the other day as well - they can’t get enough of their branded cups.

I have zero supporting data, but anything with polymer or resin has been tough since the Texas coldfreezepocolypseboogaloo.  Maybe it’s worked it’s way into styrofoam 

4 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

HEY @Baboontyme can you help me by answering a question - is Diet Vernors available in cans wherever it is that you live (presumably Michigan?)? HEB carried Vernors, it started not being consistently in supply during the beginning of the pandemic, and then it disappeared altogether. In the mean time, I have moved to North Carolina and have been trying to find it. Nearby store carries regular vernor in cans and diet vernor in 2 liter but not diet vernors in cans, I'm curious if they are starting to come back in other locations.

3 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Not ginger ale but I’ve been using this for my Moscow Mules. Shit goes down too easily if you’re not careful.

64c8ad71075c267e11d79e0d8691e1d3.jpg

This stuff is great, and I'd say Vernors is actually closer to it than it is to Canada Dry. But Vernors is ~ $5 for 12 and this is like $7.50 for 6. It is good though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep hit my local whataburger this morning. Plain white in all sizes that I saw lined up. Seems more like an ink shortage than a styrofoam cup shortage 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

HEY @Baboontyme can you help me by answering a question - is Diet Vernors available in cans wherever it is that you live (presumably Michigan?)? HEB carried Vernors, it started not being consistently in supply during the beginning of the pandemic, and then it disappeared altogether. In the mean time, I have moved to North Carolina and have been trying to find it. Nearby store carries regular vernor in cans and diet vernor in 2 liter but not diet vernors in cans, I'm curious if they are starting to come back in other locations.

This stuff is great, and I'd say Vernors is actually closer to it than it is to Canada Dry. But Vernors is ~ $5 for 12 and this is like $7.50 for 6. It is good though.

I will make it a point to check next time I'm at the grocery store. If they have it do you want me to grab some and ship to you?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

They’re siding with the truckers?  

Frito-Lay workers end 19-day strike in Kansas with contract that guarantees one day off per week

Workers at the Topeka plant had called on the snack food giant to end forced overtime and 84-hour workweeks when the walkout began July 5

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/07/26/frito-lay-strike-topeka/

8 hours ago, Celery Man said:

If you are lucky enough to live in the land of Cheerwine, why are you worried about Vernors???