Arkansas game week

Wulaw Horn

I think we may just need to keep @mrhog around, even after the game. He so far has been pretty interesting and I would love to hear his hot takes on the rest of the SEC or other teams we play.

We do need one of the mods to go ahead and pimp out his profile for him. The default shits got to go… And also someone might want to show how to get to NSAA…

I learned to hate pig before I ever learned to hate OU. I want us to go up there to piggy land with the will of Freddie Steinmark and Jim Bertlesen.  Randy Peschal and James Street.  We should open in the Wishbone with BRob, KRob, and RoJo, and see if Card can run a Wishbone! 
Willingness to eat pork is only after it’s cooked!  

Edited by Domedriver
  • Hook 'Em 4

Hawg put together a rivalry video

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/horns-down-arkansas-vs-texas-rivalry-history/

Overall it's pretty solid though clearly heavily slanted towards 1964 & 1981.  The bit about DKR going into their locker room after the 1964 game and how they had to root for UT to beat Namath was pretty cool.  They do talk about 1969 despite the outcome being the opposite of 1964.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Hawg put together a rivalry video

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/horns-down-arkansas-vs-texas-rivalry-history/

Overall it's pretty solid though clearly heavily slanted towards 1964 & 1981.  The bit about DKR going into their locker room after the 1964 game and how they had to root for UT to beat Namath was pretty cool.  They do talk about 1969 despite the outcome being the opposite of 1964.

Thanks for sharing!

5 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

As you can see, there is not a ton of parking around the stadium. Anyone going to the game should be prepared to hike to get to the stadium. Also, Arkansas drivers are not as bad as Oklahoma drivers but they are close so look both ways crossing the street. And, lastly, when you go into a bar on Dickson get the free wristband that allows you to walk to the next bar with a drink in your hand. Without one of those you're looking at a PI and if Baker can't outrun the Fayetteville police I doubt many of you old heads can. 

Screenshot_20210908-185901.png

Drive into the parking lot by Baum-Walker field - while you're there, check out that state-of-the-art facility, with it's brand spanking new Baseball Development Center - no one else in the country has anything close to it...it's so new they are just moving into it, so have not yet released a post-opening walk-through video.  But this animated fly-through will give you an idea).

Those lots are about a mile - probably a little less - South of the Football Stadium, so you ought to be able to get into them relatively easy unless you pull up 30 minutes before the game.  From there, you can catch shuttle busses to and 9after the game) from the stadium, if you don't want to walk.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

14 hours ago, RGBIII said:

@immamac and @Wulaw Horn will 100% be eating whatever this is and grading it. Also whoever started the vicious rumor of me putting beans in my chili will be hearing from my lawyer. @SquishMitten Fuckin get em! Cease and desist all these mother fuckers! 

Odd. I say this because your lawyer started it. 

13 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

Pantry pic for proof or no one will believe you.

Oh. He said, “pantRy” pics. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I’m honestly concerned you had to learn to hate OU.

It was 1969 and I was a young boy recently moved to Texas when my father retired from the Navy and went to work for UT at Austin Research Laboratory.  Back then pig was in conference, Aggie was a joke, OU rivalry was not as ferocious as our hate for pig.  Plus one of my best friends was a huge pig fan.  1969 was war!  Randy Peschal came and spoke to my Cub Scout Pack and talked about that game and the catch.  I got his autograph.

don’t worry my hate of OUSUXs is like the heat of a billion suns.🤘

The Athletic Betting Line

Texas at Arkansas odds, expert picks, betting trends: After impressive win, Bijan Robinson and Longhorns go on the road

AUSTIN, TEXAS - SEPTEMBER 04: Bijan Robinson #5 of the Texas Longhorns reacts after a rushing touchdown in the second half against the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium on September 04, 2021 in Austin, Texas. (Photo by Tim Warner/Getty Images)
By The Athletic College Football Sep 8, 2021comment-icon.png 3 save-icon.png

As far as first games with a new coach and quarterback go, Texas’ win against Louisiana was a good one. Now, the Longhorns go on the road to take on an SEC opponent in Arkansas.

Hudson Card threw for 224 yards and two touchdowns in his first career start to give coach Steve Sarkisian in his debut. Running back Bijan Robinson was the star of the show, racking up 173 total yards in a 38-18 win over a then-ranked Louisiana team.

Arkansas struggled with Rice before blowing it open in the fourth quarter. The Razorbacks were tied with Rice going into the fourth quarter. The Arkansas defense got three interceptions in the fourth, leading to a lopsided 38-17 final score.

This game kicks off on ESPN at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday.

Odds, Over/Under, Moneyline

TEAM SPREAD TOTAL MONEYLINE

+200

Odds updated at 4:50 p.m. ET on Wednesday. Click here for live odds.

Our three-month subscription/extension offer

Click here to sign up for BetMGMIf you bet $10, you’ll get $150 in free bets and receive a free three-month subscription to The Athletic.

Texas-Arkansas storylines

Expert picks against the spread

PICK
Dan Santaromita
Jason Starrett
Chris Vannini
Ari Wasserman
  • Hook 'Em 3

Bruce Feldman

No. 15 Texas (-7) at Arkansas, 7 p.m. (ESPN)

I’m surprised this spread was as close as it was. The Hogs handled Rice last week but this Texas team has a lot more firepower, led by star running back Bijan Robinson, and I’m not sure Arkansas, which has had all sorts of problems against the run the past couple of years, will be able to slow him down. Texas 27, Arkansas 17

Stewart Mandel

No. 15 Texas (-7) at Arkansas, 7 p.m. (ESPN)

All summer, the question I kept hearing was, will Texas start 0-2? I predicted 1-1, but after the way the ‘Horns looked last week, I’m ready to say 2-0. Arkansas could prove me wrong, as DC Barry Odom often has answers for a more talented foe, but I can’t see the Razorbacks having much success on offense. Texas 26, Arkansas 14

10 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

They're too busy bitching about cole-slaw to care about an Arkansas starting DE being out for this game (and the season).

As hill jack as we are, we can still walk and chew gum at the same time.  

And crazy thing is, it doesn’t matter what I’m concerned about.  I don’t play.  But I do eat bbq on occasion.  

Edited by Lowcountry Hog
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Returning a little over a week from his procedure. Wonder how many snaps or how effective Ridgeway will be? If not that effective or limited they’d essentially be down two defensive line starters  

2F5EE094-B9AD-4A89-ABF4-B33FBE1220C8.png

Man I lost like half a season of high school sports from an appendectomy. This feels like it's either some roster shenanigans or just incredibly unwise.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Man I lost like half a season of high school sports from an appendectomy. This feels like it's either some roster shenanigans or just incredibly unwise.

Maybe the procedures have gotten better since then? I did see that a couple of MLB players came back about nine days after their procedures this decade. Couldn't find good timelines for football players though 

Arkansas boards do say that Pittman was pretty dishonest or not forthcoming about injuries last year, so maybe he's just full of shit 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Wizard-of-hogz said:

Drive into the parking lot by Baum-Walker field - while you're there, check out that state-of-the-art facility, with it's brand spanking new Baseball Development Center - no one else in the country has anything close to it...it's so new they are just moving into it, so have not yet released a post-opening walk-through video.  But this animated fly-through will give you an idea).

Those lots are about a mile - probably a little less - South of the Football Stadium, so you ought to be able to get into them relatively easy unless you pull up 30 minutes before the game.  From there, you can catch shuttle busses to and 9after the game) from the stadium, if you don't want to walk.

It’s exactly 1.4 miles haha - just walked it last weekend. You will need a mask if you plan to ride the shuttle though, fair warning.

12 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Dorian Gerald with 0 tackles and 1 QB hurry? That guy is the highest graded run stopper?

He did a good job at setting the edge against Rice and letting others clean up running plays. But the thing is this is about his 3rd season ending injury - he usually plays the first couple of games each season and then goes down for the year. Terrible luck.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1