Post-Game : We Won. They Lost. ULL is Ass

Hiphopopotamos

Didn’t get to watch, did listen while shooting Whitewing.  Enjoyed every minute of both.  The game was better than most expected and the fretters could imagine, but exactly where we should and need to be. 
let’s gorilla buttfuck arky now
Pro tip.  AirPods aren’t bad earplugs.  
F7DE388D-4747-4DF7-9B03-FA7844F1CDC5.thumb.jpeg.b329d68d986574c8fef70c0c5c2458fe.jpeg

What’s goin on here? You hunting somebody else’s property? Or did the dog just cross over while you were getting settled in?

On 9/5/2021 at 8:25 AM, HornsOverIthaca said:

You know what the best part is?
I won't spend the rest of the labor day weekend pissed off.  I'm going to drink beer, lay in a hammock, and look up to the sky, pondering the mysteries of the...sky.

This worked out well.  Tress have grown a lot in the backyard so I can't really see the sky...that cutter spray that was supposed to kill the mosquitos didn't do much...the dog knocked me out of the hammock...otherwise it was nice.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

A few thoughts after a rewatch.

- Wiley was really bad. I know he's hurt but he was a liability in every play he was in. Need Sanders to get ready in a hurry. He looked physical on his holding call.

- Everyone on the o line had their share of fuckups. Actually encouraged with okafor and Jones. No doubt they will get better as a unit.

- Ojomo started to come on late in the game with his pass rush. Need him and coburn to make more plays early in the game. Sweat is too damn big to not make more plays as well.

- I prefer Gbenda over Luke but they will both play a lot.

- Wr's blocked great. Was impressed with worthy being physical and sticking his nose in there. Washington was great on the jwhitt td.

- Hoping to see more collins, adimora, and davis to see what they can do.

- The offense is going to take off when we can actually block on play action. That's when this will get real fun.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Crossposting from recruiting thread - From IT. Still seems pretty odd that he wouldn't play at either DT or Jack, but whatever..

DL Alfred Collins: There’s been some curiosity over why the talented sophomore hardly played even as the coaches went deep into the depth chart. All we can gather is it was ‘coaches decision’ and Collins isn’t in the dog house. We aren’t hearing of any acrimony between the two parties and we expect him to play much more on Saturday. It’s very likely he was told by the coaches he should have played more and they’ll rework their rotations going forward.

The situation isn’t entirely surprising given recent information. Even when he moved to Jack, we heard Jett Bush was still ahead of him and we even had Bush ahead of him on the depth chart. That isn’t to say it isn’t overall surprising the most genuinely talented defensive lineman on the roster isn’t playing more regardless of the position. It’ll work out. Nothing to worry about at this time. Alfred isn’t an emotional, knee-jerk sort of young man.

maybe sark was holding him back to hide him from pig.  yup, that's what i'm going with.  it fits my narrative.  it's looch-approved.

• Haha 1

Got a chance to rewatch today as well. Really wish we wouldn’t have gone into the “kill the clock” offense so early. I think everyone needs more reps running the regular offense.

I also LOVE RoJo and everything he’s done during his time here but I do think K. Robinson deserves more reps when B. Robinson needs a rest. 

I’d also love to see ULaLa play LSU this year. From what I saw against UCLA, I’d put money on the Ragin Cajuns

Edited by Billy Pilgrim

16 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Got a chance to rewatch today as well. Really wish we wouldn’t have gone into the “kill the clock” offense so early. I think everyone needs more reps running the regular offense.

I also LOVE RoJo and everything he’s done during his time here but I do think K. Robinson deserves more reps when B. Robinson needs a rest. 

I’d also love to see ULaLa play LSU this year. From what I saw against UCLA, I’d put money on the Ragin Cajuns

I think they prioritized putting nothing on film for arky and getting reps across the depth chart over starter reps in the standard O.

1 hour ago, Tyrone biggums said:

- I prefer Gbenda over Luke but they will both play a lot.

Generally or based on your rewatch? My initial impression of the game was that Luke played pretty damn well and Gbenda tended to get caught up in the wash. 

He took a terrible angle on their td run and it seemed to be his responsibility to turn that back inside, but I may be wrong. They caught us with a good play call there. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

He took a terrible angle on their td run and it seemed to be his responsibility to turn that back inside, but I may be wrong. They caught us with a good play call there. 

This x100. Was wondering how they broke that big run, and everything looked great the first 1-2x through, then focused on 33 and realized he took a God awful angle. 

5 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

my take exactly, plus aggy threw 4 picks but hey corndog sucks so the redstick win is already deposited thanks to kelly, so all they have to do is beat saban at home and they're in

Aggy is starting 2 true freshman on the OL and a RS Fr at QB who throws ducks.  I expect them to basically grind out wins against their shitty schedule and I expect them to get fully humiliated by Bama and Auburn.  I expect Joey Freshwater and Ogre to split their games.  They will lose 3-4 games this year.  Make no mistake, Texas and ou would boat race this aggy team.  They are that bad on offense.

• Hook 'Em 1

Look how ridiculously perfect the throw is on that Cade Brewer TD. Lightening fast release and a perfect ball. 

I thought it at the time, and someone on the radio mentioned it after the game, but that's the type of throw Tom Brady makes all the time. Low fastball throw that is either caught for a TD or incomplete. Glad to see it in our young QB.
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Zeus said:

The one absolutely elite trait that very few RBs have is the ability to cut and accelerate out of it.  Combine that with Bijan’s balance and vision, you can see why he’s constantly making the first defender miss.   If you’re squared up with him coming at you, get ready for your ankles to be broken.  There’s very little you can do as a defender when a RB can do that.  The only knock on Bijan is he doesn’t have that 2nd gear, but then very few RBs do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyrone biggums said:

- Everyone on the o line had their share of fuckups. Actually encouraged with okafor and Jones. No doubt they will get better as a unit.

Jones perhaps, but Okafor is in his sixth(?) year on campus at this point. How much can we realistically expect him to improve, compared to the younger guys who still have a lot of development ahead of them? He was beaten badly twice in pass protection and picked up two holding calls, and the D-lines he faces moving forward aren't going to get easier.

15 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Jones perhaps, but Okafor is in his sixth(?) year on campus at this point. How much can we realistically expect him to improve, compared to the younger guys who still have a lot of development ahead of them? He was beaten badly twice in pass protection and picked up two holding calls, and the D-lines he faces moving forward aren't going to get easier.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9528b0b8fa2b2b774eaf

22 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Jones has only been playing football a few years, and got garbage coaching here until Flood.

He still has no idea WTF he's doing much of the time and should improve immensely with competent coaching. 

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

This x100. Was wondering how they broke that big run, and everything looked great the first 1-2x through, then focused on 33 and realized he took a God awful angle. 

PK got outschemed a bit as well.

He overloaded the strong side and put Overshown on the LOS, making him an easy block.

Jett ran way up field.

Overshown gave up outside shoulder and got pushed into Gbenda.

I still think Gbenda could have attacked the block more aggressively and got to the ball carrier.

Screenshot_20210906-172410_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20210906-172440_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20210906-172519_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20210906-172730_YouTube.jpg

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I'm re-watching highlights and still cannot believe we had the correct school colors on our jerseys and, more importantly, our helmets.   No candy ass sparkling, glittery, off- color shit that some idiots thought was okay. 

Just simple burnt orange, in other words the way it's supposed to be and the best helmet in the sport.

• Hook 'Em 5

4 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

Generally or based on your rewatch? My initial impression of the game was that Luke played pretty damn well and Gbenda tended to get caught up in the wash. 

Yeah, Gbenda is still unreliable. Brock is better right now. hopefully Gbenda continues to improve, especially mentally. 

More on Whittington

JORDAN WHITTINGTON, TEXAS | 91.1 PFF GRADE

Whittington caught all seven of his targets for 113 yards and a touchdown. Six of those went for first downs as Texas held off Louisiana to open the Steve Sarkisian era of Longhorns football. Mostly playing from the slot, Whittington took short catches and turned them into big gains with 8.1 yards after catch per reception and only an 8.0 average depth of target.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Guy has a weird fixation with pointing out that Jimbo Fisher can’t scheme his best players open. One of the more bizarre self owns. 

It's classic aggy logic. It's the same reason looch always says shit like "If you take out the championships, the scoreboard lead, and all the glory then Texas a&m is clearly the better program."

The hilarious thing is a lot of aggy say this with a straight face while the rest of the hive nods in agreement.

Texas 38 - Louisiana 18

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43

The first game in the Steve Sarkisian era results in a 97.8% win expectancy victory over a ranked opponent. These are the types of boxscores you would see last year with Alabama. Absurdly efficient through the air, explosive offense, and a complimentary rushing game. Louisiana didn’t play a bad game, just didn’t have enough high upside offense to keep up with the longhorns.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43

For the folks at home, that is a 90+ percentile game for Hudson Card. Explosive plays and passing efficiency was a staple of Mac Jones last year, and that appears to have followed Sark to Austin. Yes it was only one game and we’re all probably overreacting, but this is exactly the type of start you wanted to see if you’re a fan of Texas.

https://cfbnumbers.substack.com/p/college-football-analytics-week-1-7b2

Funny that UL had a higher success rate but the difference in EPA/pass between the teams explains why UL had no shot in this one.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Tex-19 said:

Fwiw, Howe on 247 posted the game 1 PFF ratings for our OL. I haven't gone back to watch again but a little surprising imo

Christian Jones — 33.6
Denzel Okafor — 70.4
Jake Majors — 61.5
Junior Angilau — 64.5
Derek Kerstetter — 52.9

Okafor was moving people in the running game. It was his pass protection that is a liability, which has been the case since he stepped on campus. 

I am a little surprised at Jones' grade. He didn't look that bad in real time.

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Fwiw, Howe on 247 posted the game 1 PFF ratings for our OL. I haven't gone back to watch again but a little surprising imo

Christian Jones — 33.6
Denzel Okafor — 70.4
Jake Majors — 61.5
Junior Angilau — 64.5
Derek Kerstetter — 52.9

I knew the line had a tough day but those are bad. Karic needs a shot at that LT spot. Surprised Kerstetter graded that low. 

• Hook 'Em 1