Other Games Thread

Underdog

Googling, I'm seeing somewhere between 41-43% success rate for NCAA.  Using 42%, the chances of 10 straight failures are 1 in 232.  I expected it to be worse than that.

Edited by WBT
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Perfect ending for that game as the QB took 3 seconds to find the wide open guy waving his hand

QB threw a laser. Great catch by the WR after the QB gave the defenders ample time to all simultaneously converge on the receiver. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

When did they change the rule to overtimes after the second just going to alternating two-point conversation attempts? That's dumb as fuck.

This year. Because, you see, they’re concerned about the players and they don’t want to see any more 7 OT games. Then we had 9 OT’s today and the Illini QB left the game with an injury. I don’t think the new rules are having the desired effect.

That was fucking brutal. 

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

This year. Because, you see, they’re concerned about the players and they don’t want to see any more 7 OT games. Then we had 9 OT’s today and the Illini QB left the game with an injury. I don’t think the new rules are having the desired effect.

That was fucking brutal. 

They're absolutely having the desired effect. We watched those two shitty offenses screw around for 14 snaps after the second overtime. The way they were playing it could have been 50+ under the old rules.

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

They're absolutely having the desired effect. We watched those two shitty offenses screw around for 14 snaps after the second overtime. The way they were playing it could have been 50+ under the old rules.

Exactly.  Those shitty offenses likely would've exceeded 14 total plays in the 3rd OT alone under the old rules.

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That was fucking brutal. 

So fucking what. The last 7 OT’s lasted 7 fucking plays total. Or, less than an actual drive you dumbass jort wearing poison nut. In other words, in an absolutely absurd situation between two awful teams it, you know, actually did what they intended it to (lower number of plays) while you disingenuously pretend that 7 two points conversions in a row is somehow akin to the aggy LSU 7 OT fiasco. 
Quit being aggressively stupid, and/or a disingenuous twat waffle. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

That was a shitshow. Under the old rules there would’ve been more chances for a turnover or a missed FG and the game would’ve been over sooner. 

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So fucking what. The last 7 OT’s lasted 7 fucking plays total. Or, less than an actual drive you dumbass jort wearing poison nut. In other words, in an absolutely absurd situation between two awful teams it, you know, actually did what they intended it to (lower number of plays) while you disingenuously pretend that 7 two points conversions in a row is somehow akin to the aggy LSU 7 OT fiasco. 
Quit being aggressively stupid, and/or a disingenuous twat waffle. 

Classy. 

10 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Princeton v Harvard (both undefeated coming into this game) went for a measly 5OT. Princeton 18-Harvard 16. Lulz 

I was at the game.  I can't tell you how boring it was.

Even without a penalty on every other play and a TV review.

• Hook 'Em 1