Texit

tx 3 putt

Spent 5 mins on Texags, those dumb asses think this is a legit option. It’s their political jizz jar. They’re of the belief that it’ll fail the first public vote but the movement would quickly gain ground, much like brexit 

60/40 fail if put to a public vote ?

I guess no one over there is following how brexit is actually playing out ?

17 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Doubtful.

They aren't alone in falling in love with the premise, but the long term reality is the ultimate 'gotcha.'

The podcast, Gaslit Nation, had several episodes in 2019 regarding the machinations behind Brexit both before and after.

20 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Spent 5 mins on Texags, those dumb asses think this is a legit option. It’s their political jizz jar. They’re of the belief that it’ll fail the first public vote but the movement would quickly gain ground, much like brexit 

No they’re too busy watching and jerking off to Handmaids Tale so they can recreate Gilead 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

How about Travis, Harris, Dallas, and Bexar counties secede from Texas and form their own state? Leave the rest of the state to the mouth breathers.

Well now you've gone and upset Fort Bend, Williamson, Hays, Tarrant, El Paso and Cameron Counties. 

34 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Spent 5 mins on Texags, those dumb asses think this is a legit option.

I have yet to see any of those dumbasses look into whether Texas could secede.

Also, none of them have ever considered what it would take to secure our borders, and how OPEC/etc. would completely destroy our economy.

34 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

And if it passed, then what?

Texas v. The United States of America seems a tad lop sided.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Part of me is hoping for this, because it might be the only way my wife finally agrees to leave this fucking state.  

(The unintended consequences would be hilarious.  The mass exodus of company headquarters would be astonishing.)

Buc-ee's would be the largest company HQ'd in Texas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I mean, we can't even keep the fucking lights on now. Old Soviet satellite states would be laughing at our infrastructure within a decade.  

Yep.  We'll be a white supremacist petro state, where the only people with any assurances of safety, security, and the basic functions of life, will be the oligarchs.

Texas has ALWAYS had a dark side.  What surprises me is the enthusiastic fervor with which we have embraced it in the last decade, jammed our foot down on the gas, and completely disabled the brakes.

• Rage+1 2

9 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Is this a back door way for Aggy to finally win a national title in something?

Maybe but TCU would end up winning the National Texas championship because it sure as hell isn't going to be aggy or that shit show we saw in Arkansas last weekend.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep.  We'll be a white supremacist petro state, where the only people with any assurances of safety, security, and the basic functions of life, will be the oligarchs.

Texas has ALWAYS had a dark side.  What surprises me is the enthusiastic fervor with which we have embraced it in the last decade, jammed our foot down on the gas, and completely disabled the brakes.

Just wait until rising sea levels destroy all the refineries along the coast because the dipshit climate change deniers did nothing to prepare. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just wait until rising sea levels destroy all the refineries along the coast because the dipshit climate change deniers did nothing to prepare. 

My co-worker insists that the big companies will implement some time of solution to protect their investments on refineries and pipelines. I don't know if he means some kind of insane Netherlands level dyke system across the damn gulf of mexico or what, but either way, I told him he's...too optimistic. 

Point Comfort is really gonna be getting a deep dicking, between the refineries and plastics plants all around them. Once the water starts hitting those plants, it's gonna be a spectacular shit show

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Point Comfort is really gonna be getting a deep dicking, between the refineries and plastics plants all around them. Once the water starts hitting those plants, it's gonna be a spectacular shit show

Counterpoint: imagine the boom in refinery and manufacturing construction and operation when Texas repeals ALL environmental regulations.  You think that Texas providing an island of zero regulation with easy access to US markets won't draw in petro operations like flies to honey?  Plus, Texas will become the unquestionable leader in cancer treatment and research because our pool of patients will be....the entire population of the state.  Winning, all the way around!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Counterpoint: imagine the boom in refinery and manufacturing construction and operation when Texas repeals ALL environmental regulations.  You think that Texas providing an island of zero regulation with easy access to US markets won't draw in petro operations like flies to honey?  Plus, Texas will become the unquestionable leader in cancer treatment and research because our pool of patients will be....the entire population of the state.  Winning, all the way around!

I mean, newsflash buddy, but that part is already true...can't sell growth when you're already top of market. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Like there is not a coincidence that MD Anderson is located in Houston, TX right now?  If you are going to be the top cancer hospital in the country you may as well set up base where the highest pollution is.  It’s a profit deal.

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Turn this place into Giedi Prime lead by Barron Abbott 

6 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Like there is not a coincidence that MD Anderson is located in Houston, TX right now?  If you are going to be the top cancer hospital in the country you may as well set up base where the highest pollution is.  It’s a profit deal.

Funeral businesses should be circling as well.  

Edited by Mdhorn

37 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

When that happens, the deniers will pivot to blaming liberals and it will work perfectly on an audience trained not to think critically while ignoring what their ears heard. The past is alterable. We have always been at war with Eastasia.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

My co-worker insists that the big companies will implement some time of solution to protect their investments on refineries and pipelines. I don't know if he means some kind of insane Netherlands level dyke system across the damn gulf of mexico or what, but either way, I told him he's...too optimistic. 

Even if such a solution were possible from an engineering standpoint, its probably not from an economic standpoint. And even if were possible from both standpoints, Texas has shown itself to be completely incapable of protecting its infrastructure from current weather events (see The Big Freeze as a recent example) much less weather events that haven't happened yet.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You think that Texas providing an island of zero regulation with easy access to US markets won't draw in petro operations like flies to honey?  

Texas secedes and the US would drop a trade embargo so biggly on Hot Wheels' lap, he may actually feel it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Even if such a solution were possible from an engineering standpoint, its probably not from an economic standpoint. And even if were possible from both standpoints, Texas has shown itself to be completely incapable of protecting its infrastructure from current weather events (see The Big Freeze as a recent example) much less weather events that haven't happened yet.

Well, yeah, but there's nuance here. The idea is that the companies would pay to protect their investments. Companies don't pay to protect their infrastructure from weather now because they know they can get taxpayer dollars to pay for it after the fact. That...won't work here. It has to be proactive, which would basically mean admitting climate change was real by republicans if they wanted to get any kind of state or federal funds to build it. 

I'm not sure if it would be possible from an engineering standpoint. Or even if it were, if it could be completed in 40 years time. Or 30. Financially, it seems crazy on its surface. But those pipelines and refineries are located where they are for a reason. While initially you think it would be easier to rebuild elsewhere and eat the cost, where do you relocate too if the coastline of the future is a moving target and hasn't been determined and can't yet be predicted? Build them all 100 miles up the Mississippi?

• Hook 'Em 1

Alcoa already bailed, because capitalism. Formosa expanded, but got sued and lost and is being forced to remediate. A little more instability and the Taiwanese won't hesitate to take thier shit elsewhere. I think they generate their own power so the bypassed our shitty grid, but a little more fuckery and they out.

10 minutes ago, Updawg said:

Seems like a lot of us have the same thoughts. I should start buying property in New Mexico and Colorado

No sure you want Colorado, dawg. Sure, it's gorgeous, seems plenty blue, and is a logical choice. But they're just now getting their taste of wildfires that will probably become pretty commonplace on that side of the rockies moving forward. I'd be a bit cautious. 

2 hours ago, Born to Run said:

5 years and I can gtfo and they can have it.

I was born here. Secede used to pop up about every ten years as sort of a state pride thing. It was an amusing thing to consider lightly.

Now? I'd be fine with Texas seceding and me and my beloved finding someplace in the remaining 49 that feels sort of like a free country without fascist Trump signs all over the countryside.

Also, if Texas seceded, the morons leading the movement would soon find themselves outnumbered by those dirty messicans and subject to their governing. That would be a hoot! 

"Hey, what about the Alamo? Remember the Alamo!"

"We won that one, Karen. Thanks for giving us our own country, amigo."

33 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

No sure you want Colorado, dawg. Sure, it's gorgeous, seems plenty blue, and is a logical choice. But they're just now getting their taste of wildfires that will probably become pretty commonplace on that side of the rockies moving forward. I'd be a bit cautious. 

Wife said the same thing.  

I told her, "You have lived almost your entire life in areas where everything you own can be destroyed without warning by tornados, and now you're scared of wildfires, which you get plenty of advanced notice of?"

That actually did the trick.

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Wife said the same thing.  

I told her, "You have lived almost your entire life in areas where everything you own can be destroyed without warning by tornados, and now you're scared of wildfires, which you get plenty of advanced notice of?"

That actually did the trick.

That doesn't work on me. Sure, you can get warning, but you can't move your house unless ya'll are retiring to a doublewide. And Tornadoes are wildly damaging but usually not over a big area, and time wise they're over quickly. Fires last weeks and can encompass thousands upon thousands upon thousands of acres. Pass. 

• Like 1

I'd be willing to bet the chances of the rest of the old confederacy joining Texas would be greater than 50%...at least the other Gulf Coast states. Florida maybe not, but the other oil states like Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama would totally go for it. Maybe even Oklahoma and Arkansas.  We could call the new nation dumbfuckistan. And yes, I'd high tail it to New Mexico or Colorado ASAP. Shit, maybe even Old Mexico. The Mayan Riviera is pretty nice and if you could get your money out of the banking system, you'd live pretty great.  

It took me an hour to beat into the head of an aggy friend of mine why it wouldn’t work splitting the county in half again.  Reminding him that Ga says fuck you, AZ says fuck you, and many times LA and FL says fuck you wasn’t enough. Oh yeah, TX solidly on the way to saying fuck your red ass, too.  So then we looked into the economies of these states.  Texas makes some money, but can’t even pay for our own shit, much less support the rest of the lesser producing states.  Still not convinced.  Oh yeah, Mexico probably coming back for their land.  Aggy -fuuuuuck

eta: he wasnt impressed when I reminded him he’s in a pure blue county.  How about you work on getting your county the way you want it, before suggesting we split the fucking country in half dipshit. 

Edited by fattyflattie