Texas BBQ

Washpark

I feel like there is a market in one of the big cities in texas for a late night bbq spot/trailer. I could really go for a good brisket sandwich right now. Preferably delivered.
Sliced and chopped beef sandwiches / tacos
Brisket and or sausage and egg breakfast tacos and that's the menu
  • Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 12:57 PM, deadshank said:

@Patricio Swayze a new spot for you to survey and report back while out on your snake / photo safari / BBQ expeditions 

https://lufkindailynews.com/news/local/article_fb8f05aa-0ec8-11ec-8126-5b4af5ae73eb.html

man, years ago there was a titter right on the county line between Nacogdoches and Angelina, right on the river on the Nac side.  so the self-righteous fucks that are the Nac county commissioners passed an ordinance that no nude, offensive body parts or some such shit could be exhibited in public, so the dancers wore those see through body socks.

had a dumbfuck friend finally shame me into going, and i shit you not there was a girl who was no less than 7 months pregnant on stage wearing one of those sock thingies, and goddamn if you couldn't see it all...including her hormone laden swollen ass vag, big ol' pregger nips that looked like Reese's with a raisin in the middle and her gotdamn prolapsed belly button.

fucking hell, man...

• Like 4
  • Drool 1

The cutter at Truth is trying to kill me. 

Dude always cuts and weighs half a pound for me. Then he throws some extra on the tray. Yesterday he threw a whole slice then 3 big ass burnt ends. I mean, I appreciate it, especially with the price of brisket these days, but damn. I can’t leave bbq behind. So goddamn good. 

UI9mQZdv_o.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 2

4 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

man, years ago there was a titter right on the county line between Nacogdoches and Angelina, right on the river on the Nac side.  so the self-righteous fucks that are the Nac county commissioners passed an ordinance that no nude, offensive body parts or some such shit could be exhibited in public, so the dancers wore those see through body socks.

had a dumbfuck friend finally shame me into going, and i shit you not there was a girl who was no less than 7 months pregnant on stage wearing one of those sock thingies, and goddamn if you couldn't see it all...including her hormone laden swollen ass vag, big ol' pregger nips that looked like Reese's with a raisin in the middle and her gotdamn prolapsed belly button.

fucking hell, man...

ihavetheweirdestbonerrightnow.gif

I’m in SA for the day so we had 2M for the first time. It was amazing. Every single thing we tried was damn near perfect. Brisket, pork ribs, and turkey. Brisket was the highlight for me, some of the best I’ve ever had. Even the sides were damn good. Super nice people in there, too. 

My wife and I both agreed that it can absolutely go toe to toe with the very best places in Houston. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I’m in SA for the day so we had 2M for the first time. It was amazing. Every single thing we tried was damn near perfect. Brisket, pork ribs, and turkey. Brisket was the highlight for me, some of the best I’ve ever had. Even the sides were damn good. Super nice people in there, too. 

My wife and I both agreed that it can absolutely go toe to toe with the very best places in Houston. 

All of this is correct, but it can go toe to toe with anyone in Texas, not just Houston.
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, tokamak said:

I have yet to make it there to try. It’s just so far from where I live. May try and go Saturday. 

11 hours ago, tokamak said:

I haven't been since about 2018.  I'm glad they are still turning out quality.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I have yet to make it there to try. It’s just so far from where I live. May try and go Saturday. 

So we got there just before 1 pm yesterday (Thursday). The line was about 5-6 groups deep at that time and did not move particularly fast. I think you can probably expect a decent line on a Saturday. You can also call ahead and pick it up in your car. At least I think that’s what was going on - there was a steady stream of cars pulling up. 

According to the menu they do beef ribs on Saturdays. I’m sure they’re divine. Again, can’t recommend highly enough to anyone that finds themselves in SA. They are running at a very, very, very high level right now. 

Edited by tokamak

Finally stopped by LaVaca BBQ in Port Lavaca.  Very friendly folks and nice little spot in an old service station. 

Brisket was excellent as was the serrano and cheese sausage. I didn’t care much for the central texas link. Definitely a great option when on the way to the coastal bend from Houston. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

On 9/15/2021 at 4:02 PM, Kyrie Eleison said:

fucking hell, man...

go on...

On 9/18/2021 at 12:51 AM, Patricio Swayze said:

Finally stopped by LaVaca BBQ in Port Lavaca.  Very friendly folks and nice little spot in an old service station. 

Brisket was excellent as was the serrano and cheese sausage. I didn’t care much for the central texas link. Definitely a great option when on the way to the coastal bend from Houston. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

InformalPoisedGerbil-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Driving on 71 yesterday my car died right at the La Grange exit.  Wiped our trip to Houston for a soccer match.  I limped into a Texaco lot and while waiting on a tow, noticed this BBQ joint across the street.  Nice little place, very friendly staff . . . my son and I split some lean and some moist brisket, and I drowned my sorrows in a Shiner Bock.

Brisket was edible.  Not bad by any means, just kind of underseasoned.  I should have tried the ribs.  I'm curious to see if any of y'all have been to this place:

image.png.ce16859d31b8fd427adfaef19dd6dbed.png