Leaked video of Bo Davis going Augie Garrido on the team after ISU loss

Bruh Man

20 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

I doubt it.  A chewing like that from a coach leads to the hardest workouts that no player wants. Talking Navy Seal hell week type nightmarish workouts that you don't forget, and don't ever want again....I guarantee he scared the bejesus out of some of them; especially, if the other coaches are acting just as fed up,  and I bet they at least  play harder...

I don’t think there’s much time for that in-season. During the week it’s your basic lifting & conditioning and then all the rest of your practice time you have to be working on the next game. 

57 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I am having a bit of fun, but I do honestly find this type of over-the-top stuff to be silly. That's my honest opinion. But hey, if it works, it works.

Over the top silly? Only because the audience isn’t a bunch of young Al’s playing flag football at St. Ignatius Martyr School by Coach Tim Ickus losing to our cross town rivals at St. Louis, maybe. We learned that shit back in grade school and never let it happen again.   The Bobcats at the big I needed an ass chewing on occasion and it worked. 
I hope this will root the weak out of the program.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Maybe not 2021 UT.  But Bama, tOSU, OU etc it does.  Maybe that brings up a good question, is UT too woke to want it that bad?  I think you’re in the minority but I could be wrong.  

I'd love to know how prevalent disciplinary conditioning really is at elite college football programs.

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

That butt chewing was very retro. Had a mid-80s Bike coaches shorts feel to it. 

Maybe you identified the real problem though, a coach can go on a real rant like that, but these days, can't do a dang thing to back it up because he might hurt someone's sensitivities and get in trouble with the media, the parents, the school,  and everyone else...

These players need to feel the pain and punishment of hard workouts from pissed off coaches for quitting like they did...It was embarrassing...

Maybe the coaches got to get creative these days and find some other way to motivate them to do better.  I wouldn't know what that would be though...Maybe just calling in a couple of them and flat out tell them goodbye, so long, vaya con dios, and you'll never play another down here.  Let the team see you mean business.  I imagine the team seeing another player losing a full ride to hit the transfer portal and not get any offers from a decent school might be a motivator...But who knows, it seems like a lot of them probably don't give a rat's ass.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, bullet said:

I'm not saying its bad.  I'm just saying he needed to know his audience.

Some teams would respond.  But you could have players with pride who won't put up with being talked to like this.  But maybe that type of player knows they deserved it after the last 4 games.

And of course the type who film and release this stuff are the type you don't care how they respond.  You want them out.

Players with pride know this isn’t directed at them. Players that do what it takes knows this isn’t directed at them. The players know who this was directed towards. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Just laughing and joking on the bus after a total ass kicking by Iowa Fucking State isn’t acceptable. Even in the game thread we weren’t fucking joking. The fans shouldn’t care more than the players. In 50 years it’s going to be these guys in the record book with some kid asking his grandpa “how did Iowa Fucking State kick our ass so bad in 2021?”

5 hours ago, Azbadlands said:

Maybe you identified the real problem though, a coach can go on a real rant like that, but these days, can't do a dang thing to back it up because he might hurt someone's sensitivities and get in trouble with the media, the parents, the school,  and everyone else...

These players need to feel the pain and punishment of hard workouts from pissed off coaches for quitting like they did...It was embarrassing...

Maybe the coaches got to get creative these days and find some other way to motivate them to do better.  I wouldn't know what that would be though...Maybe just calling in a couple of them and flat out tell them goodbye, so long, vaya con dios, and you'll never play another down here.  Let the team see you mean business.  I imagine the team seeing another player losing a full ride to hit the transfer portal and not get any offers from a decent school might be a motivator...But who knows, it seems like a lot of them probably don't give a rat's ass.

There is always sending them to “Time Out.”    Have we tried that?

A coach once time told a team I played on when he stopped yelling at us as a team and/or a member of that team is when he stopped caring. I don’t recall the rants word for word , but I’m sure some of it was Rated R for 1980s language. But what he said  sticks to my mind to this day.  And those are the coaches you hated back in the day, but ended up loving later because they were trying to make you better. Did we go home and cry to mom and dad?   Nope because mom and dad would’ve backed the coach.   

Edited by Nueces River Rat
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Players with pride know this isn’t directed at them. Players that do what it takes knows this isn’t directed at them. The players know who this was directed towards. 

Yep. Anytime there's a regime change some get on board with the new staff, some don't and most take a wait and see attitude. The first season is almost always a mess behind the curtain, inside the locker room. By the time the holidays roll around lines are pretty clear on who's in and who's out. To your point of playing with pride it gets more and more difficult for those who have pride to keep at it as things continue to deteriorate. I expect a good bit of churn soon enough and a fairly new cast to take the stage next fall. 

Time to stop the motherfuckering. 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, Rimbo said:

And in one fell swoop, the question of "Is it the coaches, or is it the players?" has been answered. Decisively. Sure, they may not be the right coaching staff. But man, these players need to get their shit in gear.

One well deserved ass chewing, by one coach, at this point in the season, answers that question decisively...but they might not be the right coaching staff...but the players need to get their shit in gear...

speechless-no-comment.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

The fact that this David Penisson guy has large amounts of positive reputation and a large group of posters who choose to continually subject themselves to his “wisdom” by not putting him on ignore, just further supports that we have the team we deserve. We love the pain. is exhibit A of what's wrong with having rep in the CR.

Fixed

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

"Shit's reall!" Davis says on the video. "Some of you motherfuckers need to get in the transfer portal! You wanna go? Get in the motherfucker!  This shit ain't a game to me! If you think it's a game, get the fuck off of this bus!"   There's more -- "I got my ass kicked and you motherfuckers wanna laugh?!? Shit's fuckin' real! You think it's a goddamn joke?!?"   "And, some of you motherfuckers do transfer out this motherfucker because I'm tired of this shit!  This shit's goddamn real! And, we wanna laugh and joke?!? FUCK that!"

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Maybe not 2021 UT.  But Bama, tOSU, OU etc it does.  Maybe that brings up a good question, is UT too woke to want it that bad? 

Yes, which is one reason the football program needs to be completely siloed from the rest of the university.  In the immortal words of Cardale Jones, "We ain't come to play school."  At Bama, OU and tOSU, it's all about the team and accountability to the team.  Dennison laughs at that concept because he believes personal accountability is an outdated concept, but it is a hallmark of all successful football programs and hasn't existed at Texas for a decade.

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

Yep. Anytime there's a regime change some get on board with the new staff, some don't and most take a wait and see attitude. The first season is almost always a mess behind the curtain, inside the locker room. By the time the holidays roll around lines are pretty clear on who's in and who's out. To your point of playing with pride it gets more and more difficult for those who have pride to keep at it as things continue to deteriorate. I expect a good bit of churn soon enough and a fairly new cast to take the stage next fall. 

Time to stop the motherfuckering. 

Well said.

11 hours ago, Hammerhead said:

EVERY FUCKING TIME I SEE THAT I WANNA KICK SOME FUCKING ASS!! 

i fucking love it!!  Fuck all these pussies on that bus and in the locker room. Bo needs a fucking raise for that fucking rant. Someone needed to fucking do it!! Bout fucking time!! 

The best, and most impactful part, is when Augie apologizes and takes the blame for their failures and lack of focus. That is how you coach a TEAM.  

35 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Great Stuff -- Thanks for finding this @Burntcowboy

Spot on. 🤘🏼

14 hours ago, Barbacoa said:

Heads will roll if Davis is formally reprimanded. Everyone I talk to loved this shit. The pussy who recorded it may have just done us a favor. 

You create a standard, and if you repeatedly fall short of that standard you’re out. That’s what needs to be built. 

Aggy and Dirt Burglars on another website I frequent agree with Bo’s words.

14 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

We all rage at Brock and Schooler out there, and now it is becoming apparent that they are some of the few that really give a shit...

When we start having to choose between players who suck but try hard and players who are athletic but lazy and/or fold like bitches in crunch time, it’s already over.

FUCK Schooler and Brockermeyer.  They suck and have no business on the field for an actual good team.  Also, FUCK all our more athletic players who accept losing.

The very first thing Sark needed to do (and needs to do) is remove any person associated with the program that doesn’t absolutely HATE losing.  At this point any player who has been in the program for 3+ years is suspect.

Also, fuck a bunch of those former players on Twitter; a lot of them played for losing ass teams and have no business acting like they upheld the standard.

Coach Davis ranting is fine and should be expected in this situation, but the fact that he’s even having to do it and the fact that it got recorded are really damning of Sark.

Edited by Snake Diggity

Everyone saying that this needs to stay between the team is only looking at it from one dimension in my opinion.  Now that these players know that the entire fanbase, hell even opposing fanbases know about this, I would think/hope it would actually carry some weight.  I'm sure there have been these conversations in the past that have "stayed on the bus or airplane" and it hasn't done fuckall.  We'll see.

24 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Everyone saying that this needs to stay between the team is only looking at it from one dimension in my opinion.  Now that these players know that the entire fanbase, hell even opposing fanbases know about this, I would think/hope it would actually carry some weight.  I'm sure there have been these conversations in the past that have "stayed on the bus or airplane" and it hasn't done fuckall.  We'll see.

This leak might have a positive effect overall, but a lot of stuff wouldn't.  There's got to be a level of trust that team business stays within the team.

• Hook 'Em 1