Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

*was.  As noted, when I said “I started”.  Then i spent several years reading here, and realized I’d rather  beat the end of my dick with a hammer than be in the same political faction as most of the posters.  I used to think it was an elaborate troll, but no one can maintain that long.  Just fucking amazing, really. 

Keep lying and deflecting. It suits you.

• Hook 'Em 1

Fatty lives in a fantasy world where, whenever Trump is out of the picture (when, exactly?), all of these principled, reasonable, anti-regulation, tough-on-crime, tax cut conservatives that have been laying low for 8 years trying to not get ostracized by MAGA are going to perk up, and it's going going to be business as usual.

Whatever he thought that world was no longer exists.

Edited by aggie08

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Your concern is that you can't find a way to use the Nashville information to distract and deflect from the concern about mass shootings in general and the use of military style weapons by the perpetrators.

My concern is how we either hide or broadcast politically charged information when it's convenient.

7 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Actually, the crimes are profoundly different even it the results may be the same.

Then, there really isn't a difference, is there?  

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Avoid areas that have experienced car jacking. Maybe have mace or a pistol in the car

But, 

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The woman in her car (handicapped spot, I noticed) in Jacksonville has no real defense against a series of military rounds smashing through the windshield of her car.

How about that pistol you mentioned in your other example.  Also, btw, a "military" round. 

9 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

You believe that criticizing the scope of someone's concern proves the person's hypocrisy thus allowing you to dismiss all else associated with that person and issue.

This is literally the shit flung at me anytime someone gets shot and the board decides to care about the event.  Like the "mass shooting" in JAX that doesn't even meet the threshold of the definition.  Criticized for the scope of my concern.  So please, tell me more about the hypocrisy.

13 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Addressing the topic of those crimes is not essential the topic of America's gun culture and the resulting mass shootings.

Of course it is.  Most aren't even bothered enough until unequivocally the other side committing the crime.  And it's never the persons fault, it's these goddamn policies and this goddamn war.  Or mental health.  Or pay inequality.  Can never just be an asshole committing a crime, well, until a certain couple of things align with the story.  If it weren't for the violence, there wouldn't be an issue with America's "gun culture". 

15 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Because of the things I wrote above, this post is what reasonable people are left with.

Literally 15 posters of which that would bother me.  Couldn't find a fuck less to give otherwise. 

17 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Many people responding to you had voted GOP most of their lives. There are recent defections from the GOP as well. Good people have trouble sustaining lies. Good people eventually recognize when all the dogma about policy is just a sugar coating on a poison pill. They admirably make that step away from something that had been a big part of their identity.

They don't embrace Dem policies; they just have no home where their political philosophies hold sway. 

I've been persuaded to change my mind about different things here. There is no argument strong enough that I would consider voting GOP. I can imagine arguments and political developments that would sway my voting tendency from the Dems as a party despite the presence there of many excellent leaders and persons who truly care about the republic.

Every single bolded word of this is LOL. There are Russians and jihadists that hate the US less than some of the D politicians.  

• Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Can never just be an asshole committing a crime

Man, really unfortunate coincidence that almost all of the would-be murdering assholes wound up in America.

Every single bolded word of this is LOL. There are Russians and jihadists that hate the US less than some of the D politicians.  

Name one, please.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

I get that.   Your point is that law abiding citizens across the rest of the US should suffer due to the criminals?

Yes.  That's my point.  And guess what, asshole?  A whole bunch of us who supported limited 2A rights are moving away from any rights at all.  You think votes don't matter?  You are literally campaigning against your own "best" interests, you fucking fool.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

*was.  As noted, when I said “I started”.  Then i spent several years reading here, and realized I’d rather  beat the end of my dick with a hammer than be in the same political faction as most of the posters.  I used to think it was an elaborate troll, but no one can maintain that long.  Just fucking amazing, really. 

well lucky for you there's a place where beating the end of your dick with a hammer is a time honored tradition! you'll absolutely fit right in! congratulations on finding your people. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Fun fact-Donald Trump has not fired a round in 60 years.  But he is what we should think of when we think of responsible sportsmen.  

I wish some of you would also take SCUBA lessons from him as well because he also doesn't know how to swim.  Real Alpha Male.  

People are writing down, with the explicit request that law enforcement read it, their weapon of choice and their target of choice and we have 'educated' people disclaiming, "Yeah, but they would have found another gun to use or group to shoot."

Only thing missing from this thread is "You know...as a student of the Constitution..." 

16 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Goddamn it y’all.

I'm sorry, truly. I'm just still laughing at the notion that fatty considered himself "center", witnessed 2016, and decided that the prudent thing would be to align himself further right in not-so-silent protest of some strangers he finds annoying on the Internet.*

You know, like a smart person.

These are the logical giants that we're dealing with. I appreciate the unintended humor.

*and then proceed to troll them for 7 years for the lulz like any stable, happy individual.

Edited by aggie08

2 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Remember when y’all told me not to engage with fatty? He and a few others like Ana, Poe, immaculate and donkey will not, no matter what, under any circumstances, change their mind/stance on these issues. They do not care. Y’all arguing with them does nothing. Nada.

True, but we should not allow their lies to go unchallenged.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Guns are their religion. It’s like trying to a change a devout Christian’s mind that it’s all fairytales.

Not trying to change their mind.  Just trying to not make it the only viewpoint.      

I'll let you pick.  Any one that considers themselves a progressive. 

So no one, specifically? You said they were more anti-America than "Russians and jihadists"...guess I assumed that meant you'd have a specific person--or even policy--in mind to have such a strong opinion, not just generalities about whatever right wing boogie man we're on today.

Silly me still giving you a sliver of intellectual credit.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

So no one, specifically? You said they were more anti-America than "Russians and jihadists"...guess I assumed that meant you'd have a specific person--or even policy--in mind to have such a strong opinion, not just generalities about whatever right wing boogie man we're on today.

Silly me still giving you a sliver of intellectual credit.

I told you.  Every single politician that identifies as a progressive.  You count them up, they're your loonies. 

• Fuck You 10

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

I told you.  Every single politician that identifies as a progressive.  You count them up, they're your loonies. 

And why exactly do they hate America? Solely because they have different policy opinions than you?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

I don't think that the GOP hates America because of their policies. I think they hate America because they've been parroting literal Russian propaganda for the better part of a decade, keep showing up on the call lists of actual Nazis, and they want to do everything in their power to limit--or overthrow, as the case was--Democratic elections.

You'll have to explain to me how wanting universal healthcare--even if unwise to implement here--makes one anti-American.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 7

This board is nothing if not a deja vu machine. We played this game with slorch last week. Name one--just one--comparable politician to the wide array of extremists in the GOP.

"Uhh, err, umm, you know, the loons, you know who I mean, those guys."

Real compelling stuff.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

What kind of stupidity does it take to believe that anyone who wants to improve America, but in a different way than I do, wants to destroy America?

What kind of stupidity does it take to conclude that the party doing the most harm to the American electoral system and individual rights is the party that does NOT want to destroy America?

Put the idiot on ignore.  I know that I won't miss seeing his shit.

Love you too, sweetheart. 

• Fuck You 3

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

This board is nothing if not a deja vu machine. We played this game with slorch last week. Name one--just one--comparable politician to the wide array of extremists in the GOP.

"Uhh, err, umm, you know, the loons, you know who I mean, those guys."

Real compelling stuff.

And, let's be honest here, fatty is just doing his best to not list off notable non-white female congresswomen like talking head man rants about on the regular. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I'm telling you it's hard to resist.

Most of the time I can scroll right by. But sometimes I just gotta say something. Holler into the void. 

I was right there with you on resisting, but his bullshit in this thread pushed me over.  Life's too short for me to get worked up about an idoit, and I learned long ago not to try to teach a pig to sing.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Have we seen any reports on the ar15 acquisition? Was this another NICS breakdown? Or was in acquired in a private transfer?

Now this is what I'm concerned about. These are the hard hitting questions that keep me up at night. Did the racist with the ar15 acquire the gun in a private transfer or was it a mental health breakdown? Very  normal for a developed country in the twenty first century 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Now this is what I'm concerned about. These are the hard hitting questions that keep me up at night. Did the racist with the ar15 acquire the gun in a private transfer or was it a mental health breakdown? Very  normal for a developed country in the twenty first century 

Well I think that you should be concerned with whether this was another example of the breakdown of the NICS system. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Seriously, where's the harm?  Let's ban all guns.  Let's do it.  I'm finally on board.  Fuck the gun culture.

No offense, but you sound like someone foolishly underestimating the threat posed by quail. Do you not know that by biblical passage, or something?

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Name one, please.

Mr Bean Reaction GIF

Forget someone on the level of "Russians and jihadists", I wonder if fatty could name me ONE sitting Democratic politician that he particularly finds dangerously progressive. Well, someone other than the usual suspects: Pelosi, Feinstein, AOC, and Omar (SO weird and completely random how the GOP always targets women). 

He's disingenuous. He's thinks he's smarter than everyone else (but isn't). He thinks he's clever (but isn't). He has no ability to argue effectively. 

He's the worst kind of person to have any kind of debate with and should be ignored like the toddler throwing a temper tantrum in the corner. 

• Hook 'Em 8

11 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Seriously, where's the harm?  Let's ban all guns.  Let's do it.  I'm finally on board.  Fuck the gun culture.

Gavin Newsom put forward a 28th amendment proposal, but there's been little follow up.

“Our ability to make a more perfect union is literally written into the Constitution,” said Governor Gavin Newsom. “So today, I’m proposing the 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution to do just that. The 28th Amendment will enshrine in the Constitution common sense gun safety measures that Democrats, Republicans, Independents, and gun owners overwhelmingly support – while leaving the 2nd Amendment unchanged and respecting America’s gun-owning tradition.”

The 28th Amendment will permanently enshrine four broadly supported gun safety principles into the U.S. Constitution:

Raising the federal minimum age to purchase a firearm from 18 to 21;
Mandating universal background checks to prevent truly dangerous people from purchasing a gun that could be used in a crime;
Instituting a reasonable waiting period for all gun purchases; and
Barring civilian purchase of assault weapons that serve no other purpose than to kill as many people as possible in a short amount of time – weapons of war our nation’s founders never foresaw.
Additionally, the 28th Amendment will affirm Congress, states, and local governments can enact additional common-sense gun safety regulations that save lives.

^

First we need somebody to tell us what "AR" stands for with regard to the weapon.  Then we need the discussion on mental health.  Then we get to forensics.  You see, when it comes to ballistics, we build to that 

We have to also add a new roman numeral to the outline.  We have the "There's no racism left in America/Shooter wasn't an actual Nazi" bingo square left to discuss.  Was it the literal written manifesto in the same font as "Mein Kampf" calling for the extermination of subordinate races or was it the swastikas all over his weapons?  "Well, that's just a lone gunman theory, wasn't like he was wound up by any political movement or anything..."  

I don't even wanna know what our next knee-jerk analysis is gonna be but I'm guessing there's some dipshits on here that are a few steps ahead of us on it.  

"Uh, we have to talk about...as a nation...the causal link between Covid-19 vaccinations and mass shootings."  

It's absolutely coming.  Get ready.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

^

Was it the literal written manifesto in the same font as "Mein Kampf" calling for the extermination of subordinate races or was it the swastikas all over his weapons? 

Times New Roman is the most egalitarian font in history. Comic Sans = Nazi.

45 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Have we gotten to the debate of the ballistic forensics yet?  That's always a highlight of every mass shooting.

We don’t need it. It was an AR. As we all know, ARs (specifically) cause immediate decapitations of all victims. 

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Gavin Newsom put forward a 28th amendment proposal, but there's been little follow up.

“Our ability to make a more perfect union is literally written into the Constitution,” said Governor Gavin Newsom. “So today, I’m proposing the 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution to do just that. The 28th Amendment will enshrine in the Constitution common sense gun safety measures that Democrats, Republicans, Independents, and gun owners overwhelmingly support – while leaving the 2nd Amendment unchanged and respecting America’s gun-owning tradition.”

The 28th Amendment will permanently enshrine four broadly supported gun safety principles into the U.S. Constitution:

Raising the federal minimum age to purchase a firearm from 18 to 21;
Mandating universal background checks to prevent truly dangerous people from purchasing a gun that could be used in a crime;
Instituting a reasonable waiting period for all gun purchases; and
Barring civilian purchase of assault weapons that serve no other purpose than to kill as many people as possible in a short amount of time – weapons of war our nation’s founders never foresaw.
Additionally, the 28th Amendment will affirm Congress, states, and local governments can enact additional common-sense gun safety regulations that save lives.

T&P to his presidential aspirations.