Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

There are a few other expense factors that need to be accounted for in some capacity. 

1) The assistants all have buyouts.

2) Buying out and hiring assistants from elsewhere requires money as well.

3) They have a payroll to meet with the roster.

4) They'll have a payroll to meet if they want to win in the portal.

5) They have a payroll to meet with their recruiting class.

That all adds up to another 8 digits.

I know the roster expense is over $4M, so if they want to retain a bunch of those guys, they'll need that.

If new coach is to win in the portal, he's going to need $2M+ given expected attrition.

They've got at least mid-6 figures committed to this current recruiting class. 

Petrino's buyout alone is likely easily into the 7 figures since he was a moneywhip hire in the first place.

ATM is going to need $40M minimum from its donor base to cover the full freight of all of the moving parts for firing Fisher if it happens after 2023. If they don't, next year's roster will look like something akin to the SMU post-death penalty rebuild.

On top of all of this, who the hell is going to want to come to that school at this point? It looks freaking cursed. They'd need someone trying to pull a Fisher and get out of a big job before the big job pushes them out violently, or they'd need to take a bet on an up and comer. So they won't be able to argue about a sure thing with the BMDs. Part of the support in getting Fisher and in funding the 2022 class was that the BMDs believed that the guy was a sure thing for a national title.

image.gif.b3971f31a1337fad4c15c736995b65d8.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

It'd be quite the twist if Petrino were to be the bad influence to get Jimbo fired for cause

He can’t be fired for cause. The only way he doesn’t get paid is if he formally resigns. He could quit showing up to practice and games. Fuck it, he could just move to Key West tomorrow. Aggy would still have to pay him 100% of his contract as long as he doesn’t formally resign.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

This is exactly where i've stood for a number of years as well. The single thing that A&M could do that would make me pause and think that they are figuring some things out would be detaching their brand from the fucktard known as Looch. But they won't, and so i will never even view them as a threat, that they basically let such a clownish person speak for and represent their program.

7 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

He can’t be fired for cause. The only way he doesn’t get paid is if he formally resigns. He could quit showing up to practice and games. Fuck it, he could just move to Key West tomorrow. Aggy would still have to pay him 100% of his contract as long as he doesn’t formally resign.

This Is Not Good Bad News GIF by Mammoth Screen

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dabo  has a $64 million buyout.  There’s no way they can afford to hire him.
I would'nt be totally shocked if they make a run at Deion, but he won't be lowballed, and neither will Urban who will also be on their wish list. A lot of aggy are going to be robbing their kids piggy banks...yet again lol.

Can't A&M fire him for cause and he has no recourse because A&M would be entitled to sovereign immunity?  Not saying that they would ever do that (no reputable coach would ever agree to work for them again if there wasn't any substance to the for-cause firing), but isn't that the roadblock Leach and Beard encountered?

17 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I used to worry about this when pointing out that Billy Liucci is the embodiment of every reason they'll never be a championship program. That their entire fanbase is at fault because they'd rather pay that assclown a bunch of money to tell them how special and unique they are than to pay money to someone who will actually hold the program accountable.

But then I realized that I was worried about Texas A&M listening to and implementing advice received from Longhorns. Hahaha. No, we're free to continue pointing out how obvious their institutional problems are and they'll never do jack shit about it. Hell, the only ones who are open-minded enough to understand end up posting on Longhorn boards.

The leading figure on the A&M internet is a guy who has been telling them leading up to every season, without fail, for over two decades that:

1. Their players are more talented than Texas's players.
  2. Their players are more skilled than Texas's players.
  3. Their coaches are better gameday coaches than Texas's coaches.
  4. Their coaches are better recruiters than Texas's coaches.
  5. Their recruits are better prospects than Texas's recruits.

For over two decades he has said every single year that everything about their program is better than Texas, and yet they've accomplished jack shit compared to Texas. Not just during our great run in the 2000s, but they haven't even accomplished more than us since they joined the SEC. They won a Cotton Bowl. They beat Alabama. That's it. They haven't even accomplished more than Texas has during one of the dark eras of our program. But if you point out that he's been selling them a load of bullshit you're hated for being a 2%er then banned. Common sense says Liucci is either lying to them on purpose to make money off of them or he's the worst fucking football analyst of all time. Either way why in the hell are you giving him your money? But they don't want to hear that because it might mean they're not as special as their moms told them they are. So he will continue to rake it in.

Of course Billy has been lying to them for decades and they morons know how to eat that shit up. Liucci has hit on the perfect scam; he knows how to rub their ass and tell them it's special.  

1 hour ago, Keef said:

Can't A&M fire him for cause and he has no recourse because A&M would be entitled to sovereign immunity?  Not saying that they would ever do that (no reputable coach would ever agree to work for them again if there wasn't any substance to the for-cause firing), but isn't that the roadblock Leach and Beard encountered?

They're going to do something fucked up and it's going to be awesome. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Hairy Biped said:

The thing that gets me about this picture everytime I see it is the fact that that trophy is for the FCS Championship.  Not the FBS champion.  If you Google "NCAA Division I Football National Championship" it brings up the FCS.  Perhaps aggy is planning on dropping down a level to finally have a chance to win a "natty".  I still think North Dakota State would have something to say about it though.

dude they gave it to him in the same meeting they celebrated Colby Carthel winning an actual national D2 national championship while at A&M Commerce. what a slap in the face.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Keef said:

I think with Leach and Beard is that they did have a "fire for cause" clause but their legal argument was the reason for their firing was not enough cause. 

Edited by CooterBrown

28 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Alcohol for their post game sheep date, I hope 

Yes but that is also a reference to a classic John "Not very" Sharp quote:

It doesn’t look like Texas A&M will be selling beer or wine any time soon at football games. It seems Aggie fans don’t need to be numb when they’re watching their favorite team.

The Texas athletic department announced Wednesday that Longhorn fans will be able to buy a cold beer or a glass of wine at concession stands at Royal-Memorial Stadium this fall.

A reporter from the site Texags.com asked Sharp whether the Aggies have similar plans.

Sharp told reporter Gabe Bock:

“Our athletic program has not reached the point where we require the numbing effects of alcohol.”

The part he left out is that the SEC didn’t allow alcohol sales at that point. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I used to worry about this when pointing out that Billy Liucci is the embodiment of every reason they'll never be a championship program. That their entire fanbase is at fault because they'd rather pay that assclown a bunch of money to tell them how special and unique they are than to pay money to someone who will actually hold the program accountable.

But then I realized that I was worried about Texas A&M listening to and implementing advice received from Longhorns. Hahaha. No, we're free to continue pointing out how obvious their institutional problems are and they'll never do jack shit about it. Hell, the only ones who are open-minded enough to understand end up posting on Longhorn boards.

The leading figure on the A&M internet is a guy who has been telling them leading up to every season, without fail, for over two decades that:

1. Their players are more talented than Texas's players.
  2. Their players are more skilled than Texas's players.
  3. Their coaches are better gameday coaches than Texas's coaches.
  4. Their coaches are better recruiters than Texas's coaches.
  5. Their recruits are better prospects than Texas's recruits.

For over two decades he has said every single year that everything about their program is better than Texas, and yet they've accomplished jack shit compared to Texas. Not just during our great run in the 2000s, but they haven't even accomplished more than us since they joined the SEC. They won a Cotton Bowl. They beat Alabama. That's it. They haven't even accomplished more than Texas has during one of the dark eras of our program. But if you point out that he's been selling them a load of bullshit you're hated for being a 2%er then banned. Common sense says Liucci is either lying to them on purpose to make money off of them or he's the worst fucking football analyst of all time. Either way why in the hell are you giving him your money? But they don't want to hear that because it might mean they're not as special as their moms told them they are. So he will continue to rake it in.

Probably already mentioned. Sometimes in loochie's wonderfully written articles, I get the impression that he is somehow tight with the insiders at the top of the aggy athletic department. Surely they are not that fucking stupid. But they are aggy, so there it is.

14 minutes ago, EastTexan said:

Probably already mentioned. Sometimes in loochie's wonderfully written articles, I get the impression that he is somehow tight with the insiders at the top of the aggy athletic department. Surely they are not that fucking stupid. But they are aggy, so there it is.

They treat Looch like he is the Chief Propoganda Officer

21 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
On 9/13/2023 at 6:28 AM, RomaVicta said:
Last in SEC? No no no no no.
The Aggies are tied with Alabama and LSU in the SEC West!  Their goal all along!
SUCCESS!
giphy.gif

What goes through your head to record something as dorky as this? Lol

I believe the thumbs up was appropriate after these two watched the other pairs slap each other unconscious.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Im not sure how I missed this when the contract was done.  This verbiage is really not in the contract?  Holy hell.  

14 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Wish this were the case, but it's simply not.

One of his duties under the employment agreement, along with many others, is to "be responsible for the management and supervision of the football program at [ATM] . . . [which] include those duties customarily performed by a head coach at a major University" (Section 2.1).

The definition of Cause includes "neglect[ing] or otherwise fail[ing] to perform his duties outlined herein as Head Football Coach in any material respect" (Section 5.1(a)). 

He would absolutely be fired for Cause if he just fucked off to Key West. 

• Like 1