Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

40 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I don't think it's necessary to set the record straight.

Texas A&M is the laughingstock of the college football world. The joke is always on them. That's their most sacred turdition.

This is correct, they have no identity that is not defined by a comparison to us.

• We've got more turdition than the sips!
  • We've got more heart than the sips!
  • We've got purtier sheep than the sips!

The need to try to compare and contrast their horrific Jimbo failure in some favorable way against Texas' re-ascension under Sark is just a delusional extension of that.

• Hook 'Em 4

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

29 minutes ago, Goredho said:

The need to try to compare and contrast their horrific Jimbo failure in some favorable way against Texas' re-ascension under Sark is just a delusional extension of that.

Texas will have no choice but to fire Sark if they squeeze hard enough.  There is no difference between the two, after all.  Except aggy fired Jimbo because of their commitment to winning and them 'sips will fire Sark because he's only got to the CFP once in 3 years.  They're the same damn corch.  That isn't delusional at all.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

Anyone mention that the 3rd year in question is the Covid season?  One OOC game and that's the bowl game.  The following season they were the laughing stock after opting out of a bowl game to pad their record.  You're comparing the 2021 season of UT, the first year post Covid, to 2018 aggy!?

image.png.3a3da7d668f32d7dbc88a7d028edd98b.png

EDIT: 2018 aggy brought us such huge opponents as Northwestern State, Louisiana-Monroe, and UAB.  2019 brought Texas State, Lamar, and UTSA.

Yeah, Jimbo’s Covid season featured wins over only 1 team over .500. 

Texas wins this season were against a 12 win playoff team on the road, two 10 win teams, and two 9 win teams. Tooooootally the same.

• Hook 'Em 2

Former Texas A&M coach Jimbo Fisher talks dismissal, what is next for him and more in wide-ranging interview

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/longformarticle/former-texas-am-aggies-football-coach-jimbo-fisher-talks-dismissal-what-is-next-for-him-and-more-in-wide-ranging-interview-with-pardon-my-take-224646955/#2341778

selected quotes:

On what he would say to the “Sliced Bread” message board poster

“College football changed on a lie. I am going to write a book on this one day. I am going to write a book. When he wrote those numbers, I said, ‘My God, where is it at?’ … The amount of NIL deals at A&M at that time in all sports combined – he said we (bought) our class with $35 million. There was right at $1 million for all sports combined (at A&M).

“That is why it upset me so much about it. You can insinuate all those things that have always been said. But you are insinuating that the families of – and I am telling you, that was as far from the truth as anything that was ever out there.

“And here is the big thing: all of the media went and ran with that story as truthful without ever checking it. And I am talking about the big dogs. I am talking about all of the people we regarded as highly-respected guys.

“College football changed on a lie. I am going to write a book about it one day.”

-

On if he ever imagined that his $76.8 million buyout would be discussed every day on social media 

“Honestly, I do not have social media. Believe that or not. I had guys who would tell me all the stuff we have to have and report. I mean, it is amazing. But it does not surprise me. Anything on social media now. Anything to get a hit or get a thing."

*Big Cat jokingly congratulated him on the buyout*

“Thank you (laughs). I am not complaining.”

-

On if he was blindsided by his dismissal

“You do not ever see it coming. I still thought we were playing well. We had a great game. We were hopefully going to finish out 8-4, have a chance to go 8-4 and then 9-4 and win nine games. And we had the injuries that happened.

“I really think the team we had coming and what we had going was going to be a really good football team. But hey, that is it. That is their choice. That is what they make. I wish them the best, and I hope those kids have success.”

*PFT Commenter joked about the Aggie Yell Leaders and asked if he creeped them out*

“No (laughs). They are great. I am going to tell you something now: those guys work their tails off. And the conditioning they are in, the amount of pushups and things they do – I always told our players that we have to be as good in conditioning as the Yell Leaders. Those guys work their butts off. They are good guys. They really are.”

full text:

Spoiler

Since Texas A&M fired him last November, Jimbo Fisher has stayed out of the limelight. But Fisher, who served as the Aggie head football coach for nearly six seasons (2018-23), recently broke his silence in a wide-ranging interview with Barstool Sports’ Pardon My Take podcast.

Pardon My Take, which is hosted by Dan “Big Cat” Katz and Eric “PFT Commenter” Sollenberger, released a new episode Thursday night that included a taped interview with Fisher. His interview lasts approximately 45 minutes and can be watched here, beginning at the 1:35:48 mark.

Fisher covered a variety of topics related to his time at A&M, his dismissal and even the infamous “Sliced Bread” message board poster. He also talked about the state of college football, the upcoming national championship game between Michigan and Washington, former Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston and more.

Here is everything Fisher said about his time with the Aggies and what is next for him.

On how nice it is to have a break from the transfer portal and the never-ending nature of college football

“The last two to three years of this thing, there has been more change in college football than ever. It is unbelievable how this has transformed. In February, you can’t have kids on campus, and in July you can’t. That is an NCAA rule. Every other weekend of every other month of the year, you are working seven days a week every day.

“And you’ve got recruits. You’ve got people. There is somebody on your campus and things going on. Our staff worked every other weekend except for those two months. So basically 45 weekends a (year) is what we worked year-round. It has changed.

“And understand this – think if the NFL was open free agency. And now they just passed another rule. It is unlimited transfers. It is not just one. Now it is unlimited and you don’t have to wait until you graduate.

“Think if every contract in the NFL right now was negotiable. It is unbelievable. And people are tampering with players. College football right now, it needs a commissioner. And we need to do this thing the right way.

“Go get your 50 or 60 teams – whoever is going to be in Division I – and make it more like the NFL. Intertwine your leagues of play a lot more so you can get a true playoff picture and play more like you do with the NFL and do it the right way.”

On what he would say to the “Sliced Bread” message board poster

“College football changed on a lie. I am going to write a book on this one day. I am going to write a book. When he wrote those numbers, I said, ‘My God, where is it at?’ … The amount of NIL deals at A&M at that time in all sports combined – he said we (bought) our class with $35 million. There was right at $1 million for all sports combined (at A&M).

“That is why it upset me so much about it. You can insinuate all those things that have always been said. But you are insinuating that the families of – and I am telling you, that was as far from the truth as anything that was ever out there.

“And here is the big thing: all of the media went and ran with that story as truthful without ever checking it. And I am talking about the big dogs. I am talking about all of the people we regarded as highly-respected guys.

“College football changed on a lie. I am going to write a book about it one day.”

*Big Cat joked that Sliced Bread was a reliable source*

“It is just funny how all that goes, and then everybody just says, ‘Oh, it is on the Internet. It had to happen.’ That is as far from the truth as ever. And now, it has turned into a zoo.”

On if he ever imagined that his $76.8 million buyout would be discussed every day on social media 

“Honestly, I do not have social media. Believe that or not. I had guys who would tell me all the stuff we have to have and report. I mean, it is amazing. But it does not surprise me. Anything on social media now. Anything to get a hit or get a thing."

*Big Cat jokingly congratulated him on the buyout*

“Thank you (laughs). I am not complaining.”

On how he has more time now

“You want to have success. I still think we had a heck of a team here – if we did not have some injuries. We will get into that later. But here is what I would say about this: for myself, I will be fine. But here is what you hate about that … all of the people in recruiting, all the support staff. Those are the people when a changeover is made – you are talking about 50, 70, 75, 80 people who can lose jobs. And the changeovers and everything that goes on.

“Those are the people you are sad for. It really is. I feel like I let them down, because we are not there. They were counting on me to have those jobs. And they do not have multi-year contracts. Our coaches, they at least had one or two years left on their buyout. They are going to get jobs. They are going to be fine. They will at least be able to get on their feet.

“The other guys who are on year-to-year contracts – like we were when we first started coaching. We all coached on one-year contracts. Those are the people I feel bad for, you try to help out and try to find jobs all over the place for them.”

On what he wants to do next

“I am going to let it settle right now. The good thing I am going to be able to do is spend some time with my family. I actually got to see my son (Ethan) play his last four high school football games. They got to the state semifinals. It was great, because you are missing that all the time. Working on our foundation for Kidz 1st Fund and all those things.

“But getting to spend time with them and normal life. It does feel weird, because you are working 14 to 18 hours every day, you wake up and go, ‘What do I want to do today?’ And I said, ‘Whatever the hell I want.’ That is a weird deal. It really is. But eventually when it is time, you will want to get back into it, get the right situation and get back into coaching.”

On spending time with his family

“Everybody says, ‘(Are you) fine?’ I am fine. It is the people around me who are putting up with me every day. They only had to do it for about an hour or two a day. Now, they are having to do it all day.”

On if he was blindsided by his dismissal

“You do not ever see it coming. I still thought we were playing well. We had a great game. We were hopefully going to finish out 8-4, have a chance to go 8-4 and then 9-4 and win nine games. And we had the injuries that happened.

“I really think the team we had coming and what we had going was going to be a really good football team. But hey, that is it. That is their choice. That is what they make. I wish them the best, and I hope those kids have success.”

*PFT Commenter joked about the Aggie Yell Leaders and asked if he creeped them out*

“No (laughs). They are great. I am going to tell you something now: those guys work their tails off. And the conditioning they are in, the amount of pushups and things they do – I always told our players that we have to be as good in conditioning as the Yell Leaders. Those guys work their butts off. They are good guys. They really are.”

Edited by NoName
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

NSIAP but Aggy selling out to help Qatar attain nuclear weapons research all to go 7-6 in football was not on my bingo card…

If we don't give people weapons how are Fightin' Texum aggy supposed to find wars to fight and win you dumb t-sip?

I think we are just fucking with the Chinese spies and Qataris here. I think we got ‘em right where we want ‘em. I mean, who the fuck else could pull off one of these, much less all of these? We are funneling foreign operators into the university that:
1. Spiked samples trying to prove cold fusion was “a thing” in one of the biggest scientific scandals of the 20th century
2. Were unable to structurally design a fucking pile of logs which tragically resulted in multiple student deaths
3. Built a “Stairway to Nowhere” (Led Zep baby!) on campus
IMG_0165.thumb.jpeg.28b2243c871ae3b1bc90fdeaecdaa579.jpeg
4. When demolishing part of their stadium inundated the viewing stand with debris 
IMG_0164.thumb.jpeg.a0a388494e9792f55c1c7da70ba65112.jpeg

Never gets old.
  • Hook 'Em 3

It's too bad Swaim is a fucking idiot and is always wrong, but he does represent 100% of college station, so there's probably talk about it there. I would think the Big has no idea or has given any thought to this. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

I think we are just fucking with the Chinese spies and Qataris here. I think we got ‘em right where we want ‘em. I mean, who the fuck else could pull off one of these, much less all of these? We are funneling foreign operators into the university that:

1. Spiked samples trying to prove cold fusion was “a thing” in one of the biggest scientific scandals of the 20th century

2. Were unable to structurally design a fucking pile of logs which tragically resulted in multiple student deaths

3. Built a “Stairway to Nowhere” (Led Zep baby!) on campus

IMG_0165.thumb.jpeg.28b2243c871ae3b1bc90fdeaecdaa579.jpeg

4. When demolishing part of their stadium inundated the viewing stand with debris 

IMG_0164.thumb.jpeg.a0a388494e9792f55c1c7da70ba65112.jpeg

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

NSIAP but Aggy selling out to help Qatar attain nuclear weapons research all to go 7-6 in football was not on my bingo card…

Of course they will downplay this scandal and claim there is no threat to national security.

But knowing how stupid most aggy are, one of their numbnuts will undoubtedly and unknowingly give a sleeper terrorist agent the back door key for access to the secret shit at Los Alamos and Franklin BBQ.

• Hook 'Em 1

BIRG WUN GEE LURVE AGGY!

This sounds like the same magical thinking that inspired their coaching search.  aggy should probably tone it down before they end up in a G5 conference.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

22 hours ago, NoName said:

Former Texas A&M coach Jimbo Fisher talks dismissal, what is next for him and more in wide-ranging interview;:

ChatGPT, can you give me ten ways this sentence said by Jimbo Fisher could be improved? "I am talking about all of the people we regarded as highly-respected guys."
  • I am referring to individuals we held in high esteem.
  • I am discussing those individuals we esteemed greatly.
  • I am addressing individuals whom we highly respected.
  • I am talking about people we held in high regard.
  • I am referring to those we considered highly respected individuals.
  • I am discussing individuals we held in high regard.
  • I am addressing people we highly esteemed.
  • I am talking about those we regarded as highly-respected individuals.
  • I am referring to individuals we highly respected.
  • I am discussing people we held in high regard.

Jimbo-FU.jpg

• Haha 4

The Qatar/Los Alamos thing goes back a few years and has massive political overtones, so I suggest we make it a separate thread elsewhere because a lotta people on here gonna get butt-hurt.  And not in a fun, pegging way...

• Hook 'Em 2

I am not 'a' sock.  I am 'socks'...plural.  Your mom squirts a lot and needed the volume catcher.  

But yeah, this thing goes back to my involvement with UT System/A&M System and Sec. Perry and Los Alamos.  Facts bother people.  So I'll leave this thread and take it elsewhere.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

Hypothetically, if Jimbo simply "disappeared", would aggy have to pay the estate? 

Yes. His estate would still own the contract obligation and the PR/executor would be obligated to pursue it. 

Edit:  if he had disappeared before they fired him, they would not have been obligated to pay the buyout. So if they knock him off now, it’ll be another chef’s kiss on TAMU stupidity. 

Edited by nnm

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

The Qatar/Los Alamos thing goes back a few years and has massive political overtones, so I suggest we make it a separate thread elsewhere because a lotta people on here gonna get butt-hurt.  And not in a fun, pegging way...

I don't see the issue. So far, it's just poking fun at a&m, which is great for this thread. If someone wants to bring politics into it, then go to cr. Problem solved.

Edited by Mikey4
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

I am not 'a' sock.  I am 'socks'...plural.  Your mom squirts a lot and needed the volume catcher.  

But yeah, this thing goes back to my involvement with UT System/A&M System and Sec. Perry and Los Alamos.  Facts bother people.  So I'll leave this thread and take it elsewhere.  

Facts don’t bother people. Politics and nukes don’t have any connection to football. This is the FOOTBALL Board. No mystery here. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Facts don’t bother people. Politics and nukes don’t have any connection to football. This is the FOOTBALL Board. No mystery here. 

Then I must have missed the part where I started the thread divergence of A&M football to their involvement with the Los Alamos Nuclear Laboratory.  Which was dozens of posts above mine.  My bad, my fault.   Happy New year.

Post #69112 stars the tangent.  Several others continue with it.  But keep whining about mysteries when they're right above you.

Edited by YGIFS
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, nnm said:

Yes. His estate would still own the contract obligation and the PR/executor would be obligated to pursue it. 

Edit:  if he had disappeared before they fired him, they would not have been obligated to pay the buyout. So if they knock him off now, it’ll be another chef’s kiss on TAMU stupidity. 

I specified "disappear" rather than croak. I wondered if there might be language in the contract that terminates payments for some reasons. Keeping in mind that apparently there is no "mitigation" in it, i.e. even if Jimbo went to coach somewhere for $10,000,000 a year, aggy would still be sending him that 7 Megabux. 

Regardless, I've a feeling this whole Jimbo's Millions story is not going to disappear quietly. 

• Like 1