Think we will make a bowl game next year?

FORTY NINE TO ZERO

Will we make a bowl game next year?   

123 members have voted

1. 1. Will make a bowl game next year?

Well, we will lose at home to Alabama and Iowa State.

On the road, we will lose to Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, 

Wins are Kansas, Texas Tech, and LA-Monroe.

Toss-ups are Baylor, West Virginia, UTSA, and TCU.

So that’s probably 5-7 again.  I’d like to think we scrape something together and get to 6-6 and make the guaranteedrate.com bowl in Arizona.  

Sark likely receives a contract extension.  and around and around we go.  

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Well, we will lose at home to Alabama and Iowa State.

On the road, we will lose to Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, 

Wins are Kansas, Texas Tech, and LA-Monroe.

Toss-ups are Baylor, West Virginia, UTSA, and TCU.

So that’s probably 5-7 again.  I’d like to think we scrape something together and get to 6-6 and make the guaranteedrate.com bowl in Arizona.  

Sark likely receives a contract extension.  and around and around we go.  

I think this is right. I just don’t really see anymore than MAX 8 wins and that’s if we win every game we should plus every toss up which isn’t going to happen. I think 5-7 or 6-6 is our most likely finish.

Too many unknowns, but any team with Bijan Robinson, Xavier Worthy, and DeMarvion Overshown on the roster should make a bowl game.  Those are 3 badass motherfuckers.

We get a good QB and 2 All-Conference caliber OL out of the portal and everybody else stays healthy, this is a 9 win offense.  We get Overshown, Jamison, and Cook back along with all the other projected returnees, this should be an 8 win team.  

We had 8 win talent this season and totally fucking sucked, so who the fuck knows.  But if you’re not going to have hope for us to be good why pay attention at all.

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Hook 'Em 1

No bowl. I forgot we play Alabama next year. Hahhahahahah god what a bloodbath that’ll be.

My prediction is 4-8 but 3-9 is also a good option:

ULM - win
Alabama - loss
UTSA - loss
at Kansas - win
at Kansas State - loss
vs Oklahoma - loss
at Oklahoma State - loss
Baylor - loss
Iowa State - loss
TCU - win
West Virginia - win
at Texas Tech - loss

Edited by The Ace of Aces

9 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

No bowl. I forgot we play Alabama next year. Hahhahahahah god what a bloodbath that’ll be.

My prediction is 4-8 but 3-9 is also a good option:

ULM - win
Alabama - loss
UTSA - loss
at Kansas - win
at Kansas State - loss
vs Oklahoma - loss
at Oklahoma State - loss
Baylor - loss
Iowa State - loss
TCU - win
West Virginia - win
at Texas Tech - loss

I’ll go with this in order to lower my expectations now.  
I’m worried about the ULM game. 

Kansas might beat us again too!

Edited by Nueces River Rat

I'm sick of pumping sunshine about this fucking sorry excuse for a football team every offseason. I don't care if Waddle, Gary, Orlando Pace, and Shane Falco portal here and Sark hires Belichick and Sean Payton as his coordinators. They're going 0-12 next year until they prove otherwise.  I'm going full bitchassed until then. 

ULM - overtime win
Alabama - loss (they will score 70+)
UTSA - loss (blown lead)
at Kansas - loss by 2 (blown lead)
at Kansas State - loss  (blown lead)
vs Oklahoma - win by 23
at Oklahoma State - loss (shut out)
Baylor - blowout loss
Iowa State - loss (we will lead at the half by 20)
TCU - loss in overtime
West Virginia - loss 
at Texas Tech - loss 56-57

2 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

I'm sick of pumping sunshine about this fucking sorry excuse for a football team every offseason. I don't care if Waddle, Gary, Orlando Pace, and Shane Falco portal here and Sark hires Belichick and Sean Payton as his coordinators. They're going 0-12 next year until they prove otherwise.  I'm going full bitchassed until then. 

So....show you a win?

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

I’d do anything for Shane Falco or Johnny Utah.

If we run it back with this staff of morons and this roster plus current commits, I'm guessing we come in around 3-4 wins. But I was also pretty pessimistic about our hoops squad right after the loss to ACU. 

Who knows what this roster will look like with the transfer portal. I expect a ton of turnover, and that could be good or bad, but we will probably see some surprises. I'm also holding out hope that Beard will coach our football team next year as well. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Cheez-It Bowl picks after CFP/Sugar and the Alamo Bowl.  A 6-6 team doesn't get the third bowl slot in the Big XII.  Best we can hope for next year is Liberty Bowl, maybe Texas Bowl in Houston (which would certainly take us at 7-5, probably at 6-6 as well).  

I keep hearing "Portal, Portal, Portal" (said in Jan Brady's voice).  Does that mean people are coming to terms with the fact that 4-star Texas high school football players aren't all they're cracked up to be?  I concede that we don't coach up players very well at Texas, but 12 years and 4 coaches...you'd think we could accidentally coach a few kids up, no?