Brian Kelly to L$U

Fug

2 hours ago, Domedriver said:

Retention of talent like Bijan and Worthy, willingness to cut trash and call it like it is, and a willingness to build us something that wrecks shit.  Or maybe I just sense he is doing the right things and all the bitchasses need to realize that they are the problem and shut the fuck up!?

Sark is slow to react and he will need to adapt much quicker. It is his delayed reactions and inability to adapt on the fly that have me convinced he will fail. He cut trash in the last game of the season. He should have cut it during the bye week. We all knew about the lack of effort before the bye week.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
26 minutes ago, Gaffords said:
Not so much when a monkey, another team's victory over your rival and and a coaching carousel you aren't part of is the best parts of your season.

Have a drink, sit back and enjoy the chaos.

I think I'm still venging since the OU debacle...  

All bullshit aside, it's an eye opener how many top coaches are willing to jump on these openings, but when we...  It says a lot about how top coaches view our HC position.. We have some major issues top level coaches want no part of.  We've become a high risk/reward gamble no upper level coach is willing to risk their career on, so we are stuck with untried or second chance coaches willing to go big or go home.

So - help me understand - Kelly isn't coaching out the season? He's just gonzo after tomorrow and going to get to work at LSU? Is that confirmed?

What if they get into the CFP? He thinks there is zero percent chance they can even win a semi and get a chance to play for a national title? They'd have an interim staff coach a fucking CFP game???

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

So - help me understand - Kelly isn't coaching out the season? He's just gonzo after tomorrow and going to get to work at LSU? Is that confirmed?

What if they get into the CFP? He thinks there is zero percent chance they can even win a semi and get a chance to play for a national title? They'd have an interim staff coach a fucking CFP game???

Welcome to the SEC.

Yes.

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Doesn't matter now because there's no way the committee puts them in after this.

Edited by ultimaton
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ultimaton said:

Do you think the selection committee wants to put in a ND team that is going to be playing under an interim coach?

I actually think they might. But yes I was making a ND joke. If 2/3 of Cincy/Bama/Okie Lite win then it won't matter. Assuming Michigan doesn't fuck around and lose to Iowa. Which... 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Freeman will be interim.

8 minutes ago, ultimaton said:

Right on, makes a compelling story that could draw eyeballs.

Someone on ESPN or Yahoo made a decent point that the committee simply judges what the team has done up to that point and doesn't take into account injuries - even if it's something major like JT Barrett going out in 2014. So - you think they'd treat a coaching change similarly.

To be sort of morbid - what if Kelly say, had a heart attack and died or was in the ICU? Would they shut ND out? Probably not. 

It's a weird fucking situation though. Hence why I was asking. 

3 minutes ago, Topper13 said:

Freeman will be interim.

It's just crazy to me that he could conceivably watch them win a national title after leaving. Sure they haven't looked great this year but weirder upsets have happened in the last couple weeks of the cfb season than ND over Georgia. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Someone on ESPN or Yahoo made a decent point that the committee simply judges what the team has done up to that point and doesn't take into account injuries - even if it's something major like JT Barrett going out in 2014. So - you think they'd treat a coaching change similarly.

To be sort of morbid - what if Kelly say, had a heart attack and died or was in the ICU? Would they shut ND out? Probably not. 

It's a weird fucking situation though. Hence why I was asking. 

You think the TPTB at ND would take him him out before this weekend? 

6 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

When he goes 5-7 or worse, because he wasn't coaching this shit to a winning record and he lost to Charlie in the same year we fired Charlie. He's not a guy that is going to rebuild a program at 60.

He fired half his staff after that season which led to five straight 10+ win seasons and two playoff appearances.  He doesn't have to rebuild LSU, the talent is already there.  Just has to bring in the right coaches and right the ship.

7 hours ago, Domedriver said:

Retention of talent like Bijan and Worthy, willingness to cut trash and call it like it is, and a willingness to build us something that wrecks shit.  Or maybe I just sense he is doing the right things and all the bitchasses need to realize that they are the problem and shut the fuck up!?

Lulz that your number 1 indicator that Sark is doing all the right things is basically that our two best players didn't leave the team. Holy fuck. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

Lulz that your number 1 indicator that Sark is doing all the right things is basically that our two best players didn't leave the team. Holy fuck. 

I mean thank god they didn’t lol. But also worthy isn’t here without sark so who knows

6 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I hope nobody shows up to it.

They'll show up to hear what he has to say and air their grievances . Human nature. I also assume that meeting was already scheduled. 7:00AM team meetings pretty common during the school year.

I actually don't have a problem with the way he's handling this. Dude may have just damn near doubled his salary. At a place that should have everything he needs to be even more successful than where he's been. I think 10 out of 10 of us takes that deal all day long. Especially in a year like this where there's a possibility that ND's built in advantages (brand name that gets them the benefit of the doubt in a lot of beauty pageants) may end up being outweighed by their disadvantages (no conference championship and academic limitations).

Shit leaked out and what was he supposed to do? Sent out a fairly sincere sounding group text apologizing and said we'll talk about it in the morning. Seems like he's handling things a lot better than the way that bitchass Riley handled things. And unlike Riley, it sounds like he can honestly say he left for a lot more money and it was too good of a deal to pass up.

And yeah, if LSU says, "We'll give you all this, but we need you to start right away" vs. riding out the current situation at ND in hopes that everything goes just right and they get into the playoff, to most likely get beat in the first round again...you go ahead and leave.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Seems like an odd match but wtf do I know; I thought Herman was a good hire. 

Same here. I was a lot more excited about Herman than Sark, though I wasn’t down on Sark.

I think it’s a long shot that all of these new coaches – Riley, Kelly, Napier, whomever OU hires after Stoops’ interim gig – have a high level of success.

They'll show up to hear what he has to say and air their grievances . Human nature. I also assume that meeting was already scheduled. 7:00AM team meetings pretty common during the school year.
I actually don't have a problem with the way he's handling this. Dude may have just damn near doubled his salary. At a place that should have everything he needs to be even more successful than where he's been. I think 10 out of 10 of us takes that deal all day long. Especially in a year like this where there's a possibility that ND's built in advantages (brand name that gets them the benefit of the doubt in a lot of beauty pageants) may end up being outweighed by their disadvantages (no conference championship and academic limitations).
Shit leaked out and what was he supposed to do? Sent out a fairly sincere sounding group text apologizing and said we'll talk about it in the morning. Seems like he's handling things a lot better than the way that bitchass Riley handled things. And unlike Riley, it sounds like he can honestly say he left for a lot more money and it was too good of a deal to pass up.
And yeah, if LSU says, "We'll give you all this, but we need you to start right away" vs. riding out the current situation at ND in hopes that everything goes just right and they get into the playoff, to most likely get beat in the first round again...you go ahead and leave.

The NSD1 is wrecking things. Go back to the old way.

12 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He’s tired of having to deal with higher than competition academic standards, so he is going to a place with no academic standards. 

12 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Who the fuck leaves nutter dame for lsu? Fucking lmao

A national title is the only thing holding back Kelly from being in the next echelon of college coaches. 

1 hour ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

good point…we’ve never dealt with that before.  

image.jpeg.c31e475f465c5825becfc65a02a6683c.jpeg

Good thing Nick Sabans grow on trees!

And Brian Kelly is getting $15M/year? Holy fuck. Would I rather have him at Texas instead of Sark? Yes. Would I like to have Kelly a 3X Sark's salary? Absolutely not. I'd pay Saban that money, maybe Urban, but nobody else.

Just now, C-Man said:

And Brian Kelly is getting $15M/year? Holy fuck. Would I rather have him at Texas instead of Sark? Yes. Would I like to have Kelly a 3X Sark's salary? Absolutely not. I'd pay Saban that money, maybe Urban, but nobody else.

Better get used to it. The USC, Michigan State, and LSU just elevated the going rate and perks. Will be interested to see what we do in 2-3 years when we are looking for Sark's replacement.

8 hours ago, ultimaton said:

Do you think the selection committee wants to put in a ND team that is going to be playing under an interim coach?

I think they’d be more likely to win in that scenario. Football is a game of emotions, and they’d be fired up to send a big fuck you to their former coach that left them.

• Hook 'Em 2

I think I'm still venging since the OU debacle...  
All bullshit aside, it's an eye opener how many top coaches are willing to jump on these openings, but when we...  It says a lot about how top coaches view our HC position.. We have some major issues top level coaches want no part of.  We've become a high risk/reward gamble no upper level coach is willing to risk their career on, so we are stuck with untried or second chance coaches willing to go big or go home.

No idea how real it was but Brain Kelly’s name came up for Texas this time last year. This shows he was clearly persuadable at the right price. I think it’s probably more that Texas doesn’t want to pay the kind of money it took to get Brian Kelly out of ND. Even the Urban Meyer offer included a huge annual salary but was only five years if I remember right. Knowing how much Belmont loves to count its coins, I have a hard time imagining Texas being interested in these 10-year $100mm type deals.

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I think they’d be more likely to win in that scenario. Football is a game of emotions, and they’d be fired up to send a big fuck you to their former coach that left them.

I want both want it to happen as an FU to Kelly, but also not to happen because the monumental bitching from the media about ND being left out bc of Kelly leaving would be hilarious. 

The funny thing is that if they do get in, it is probably their best shot at actually winning a CFP game. Only Georgia would have clearly superior talent, and they’ve played them down to the wire in recent years, no reason to be scared.

19 minutes ago, C-Man said:

This sounds like when my dad bitches about how much money pro athletes make. I wouldn't give a fuck how much money the coach makes, as long as my team is successful. It's not my money.

• Hook 'Em 3

Same here. I was a lot more excited about Herman than Sark, though I wasn’t down on Sark.
I think it’s a long shot that all of these new coaches – Riley, Kelly, Napier, whomever OU hires after Stoops’ interim gig – have a high level of success.

Riley’s floor at USC is high but I think it’s very possible he doesn’t build a nationally elite program. Still, I think he’ll at least win some Pac 12 titles. Kelly is a wild card. I could see him doing really well with the elevated talent level, I could see him flaming out spectacularly with the grind that the SEC schedule will be and a Herman like deterioration of good will among fans, players, admin, boosters, etc. OU will probably be fine because we can’t have nice things but there’s certainly room for them to slip.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Yeaaa, well.  That may be a problem going forward.  

I mean, if that’s where the market is set then I’m sure they’ll adjust to an extent. But as of the search last year that was definitely not the industry standard, unless you’re aggy, and no one wants to be like aggy.

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

Riley’s floor at USC is high but I think it’s very possible he doesn’t build a nationally elite program. Still, I think he’ll at least win some Pac 12 titles. Kelly is a wild card. I could see him doing really well with the elevated talent level, I could see him flaming out spectacularly with the grind that the SEC schedule will be and a Herman like deterioration of good will among fans, players, admin, boosters, etc. OU will probably be fine because we can’t have nice things but there’s certainly room for them to slip.

Unless BYU flips on the Big 12 to join the Pac 12 South, Riley should have USC in the title game almost every year.

Utah will probably step back when Whittingham retires
UCLA - lololol
Colorado and Arizona are ass
ASU is in some hot water

• Haha 1