Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

1 hour ago, SpiralOut said:

Not surprised things aren't going swimmingly for the Russian military.  The only reason the Russian Army looks even somewhat competent is because the Russian Navy exists. 

If you want a laugh, go watch some videos on YouTube about the Pacific 2nd Squadron in the Russo-Japanese War. 

Dating back to the early days of the Cold War, we've always vastly overrated the Russian military.  Even their best trained troops are a tier down from our standard combat troops.  They're basically just large in number and that was at their peak.  Some of these pictures coming out are hilarious.

1 minute ago, cactusflinthead said:

For the life of me I don't understand why any person with any sort of public standing would offer anything even remotely resembling support for Putin.

The world is interminably nuanced and rarely are their issues of black and white, but this is such an issue.  Basic concepts of right and wrong can be applied and Papa John either doesn't see it or doesn't care.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

For the life of me I don't understand why any person with any sort of public standing would offer anything even remotely resembling support for Putin.

The world is interminably nuanced and rarely are their issues of black and white, but this is such an issue.  Basic concepts of right and wrong can be applied and Papa John either doesn't see it or doesn't care.

Completely agree. I was agnostic about the Ukraine situation a few weeks ago and justifiably wondered if this was just a lot of State Dept propaganda as well as dick-waving propaganda from Russia, thinking that Putin was bluffing and he was using Ukraine to negotiate with the West into agreeing that Ukraine would always be a buffer state in the old Cold War paradigm etc.

His invasion in the heart of Ukraine and his obvious goal of overthrowing the Zelensky government makes that view look really foolish now.  

I was 100% wrong. Putin is not a rational actor, he is a madman.

34 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

I could get behind a Jon Stewart run.  Maybe not POTUS, but Senator...absolutely.  He is smart and is willing to take the time to learn about an issue.  That puts him heads and shoulders over at least half of the current sitting Senators right there.

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

Just now, henrygandorf said:

i'm waiting for the post in 10 minutes that says pizza hut also sucks.

Fond memories of Pizza Hut deep dish. Was one right around the corner from my grandparents house growing up. Through the eyes of a child the deep dish was a special treat when they’d take me over there to eat. Last time I drove out that way it had been turned into a Mexican food restaurant.

But if I wanted a deep dish pizza today I’d either make my own or order 313 if I was being lazy. 

3 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

So where is all the Russian money that pays the Army salaries and expenses?   Is that part of this?

3 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

In the US, Team GQP would use this as a Christmas card photo.

Reminds me of Travis' letter from the Alamo in some ways.

• Hook 'Em 1