Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

4 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

If things go sideways for Putin in this war as in it really becomes a grind, I don't doubt he'll drop a nuclear warhead on the Ukraine.  I think he's going to lose his marbles that much when pressed.  He's basically losing a global publicity war to a comedian in chief.  

That's precisely why I have neither concluded we should intervene nor advocated same. 

I like the way Europe is taking the bull by the horns. There would be advantages to Europe doing all the heavy lifting and getting a good outcome. And, as I wrote above, our absence on the battlefield lessons the chance of nuclear escalation.

Good discussion, everyone.

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

Right after they bombed Pearl Harbor.

Anyone in Dallas can confirm this tweet or is it Photoshop?

This is pretty great.  Also happens to be fairly close to the Lockheed Martin color scheme. 

"Don't tell me American does not care what happens outside America!". 

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

"Don't tell me American does not care what happens outside America!". 

Oh, and ask the average American if they can cite how many casualties have mounted in Yemen as we flood the zone with American arms while our allies drop bombs on school buses. Kinda interesting what gets full press media coverage and what does not. 

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Your brilliant insight during this situation is that the average American doesn't know much.

At this point I think even you realize that your contributions are as trite as it gets around here.

Sorry Eric. It's over 250k according to the UN, projected to be as high as 1.3MM without major course correction.  

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Your brilliant insight during this situation is that the average American doesn't know much.

At this point I think even you realize that your contributions are as trite as it gets around here.

contribution is a bit generous don't you think?

• Hook 'Em 1

We now fully understand why Trump for 6 years went hard after NATO, doing all he could to tear it apart/defund it. He was successful taking countless millions of dollars earmarked for Ukrainian defense and divert to Putin, but NATO survived.  

He was obeying orders for this moment. Thankfully he failed at that too because NATO is what will save a few other nations from Russian occupation. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Sorry Eric. It's over 250k according to the UN, projected to be as high as 1.3MM without major course correction.  

you're right about Saudi Arabia's atrocities against the Yemeni people, the complicity of American greed, the indifference and ignorance of the American people.  But then again, the public is a stooge for whatever is shoved in their face 24/7 (Ukraine), with a very limited attention span. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Unsurprisingly nonresponsive.

Yes, I'm aware. I'm also aware that most don't know anything about it. Why don't you start a thread about that important topic? You never actually want to discuss these things, you just come onto other threads where it's irrelevant and bring it up so you can post some more of your banal platitudes.

Be better. Create a topic and educate people on some of these other topics you just googled.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Unsurprisingly nonresponsive.

Yes, I'm aware. I'm also aware that most don't know anything about it. Why don't you start a thread about that important topic? You never actually want to discuss these things, you just come onto other threads where it's irrelevant and bring it up so you can post some more of your banal platitudes.

Be better. Create a topic and educate people on some of these other topics you just googled.

I did in fact.  A few years back.  Started it with a link to the UN report.

Didn't see you drive by that one Huck with your panties in a bunch. Be better. 

5 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

you're right about Saudi Arabia's atrocities against the Yemeni people, the complicity of American greed, the indifference and ignorance of the American people.  But then again, the public is a stooge for whatever is shoved in their face 24/7 (Ukraine), with a very limited attention span. 

One day maybe people like Huckleberry and Nivek will question why they are fed certain information streams while others are ignored. I doubt it though. 

• Hook 'Em 2