Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

35 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Those dudes look like they couldn't even finish a 10 yard obstacle course. 

Weren’t there memes last year about our armed forces and Trans people versus the Russian forces mocking us for not being tough enough. That were parroted by guys like Cruz? I mean, these are Cruzes. Every allegation I guess. 

Edited by Dr. Teeth
  • Hook 'Em 2

SIAP. This thread is moving pretty fast.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/33363582/former-heavyweight-champion-vitali-klitschko-plans-fight-ukraine-brother

Former heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko, the mayor of Ukraine's capital, Kyiv, said he plans to take up arms to defend against Russia's invasion, which began in the early hours Thursday.

"It's already a bloody war," Klitschko, a Hall of Fame boxer, said Thursday on ITV's "Good Morning Britain." "... I don't have another choice. I have to do that. I would fight."

Klitschko, 50, became mayor in 2014, as well as head of the Kyiv City State Administration. That same year, Klitschko was a leading figure in the protests against closer ties with Russia. And now, as Kyiv is under siege, along with other regions, Klitschko is again at the forefront defending Ukraine along with his brother, fellow former heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko -- who is also a Hall of Famer.

Wladimir, 45, enlisted in Ukraine's reserve army in Kyiv earlier this month as the country braced for an attack.

"Now, the Russian president [Vladimir Putin] is using war rhetoric ... he makes it clear that he wants to destroy the Ukrainian state and the sovereignty of its people," Wladimir Klitschko wrote on Linkedin on Thursday. "Words are followed by missiles and tanks. Destruction and death come upon us. ... We will defend ourselves with all our might and fight for freedom and democracy."

Active boxers from Ukraine are also being impacted by the invasion. Vasiliy Lomachenko, a two-time Olympic gold medalist and three-division champion, fled Ukraine for Greece.

Heavyweight champion Oleksandr Usyk, who defeated Anthony Joshua in September, was in London earlier this week for a meeting related to an upcoming boxing video game but was back in Ukraine on Thursday.

"Some wrote to me that I ran away; I didn't, I was at work but I'm back, I'm home," Usyk said in an Instagram video in comments translated from Russian. "Friends, we have to unite because it's a hard time right now and I'm really emotional and worry about my country, and our people. Friends, we have to stop this war; all of us together.

And then there's former 140-pound champion Viktor Postol, who fights Saturday in Las Vegas against Gary Antuanne Russell.

"The situation in Ukraine escalated a lot last couple of days, it's hard not to think about it, but I try to focus on the fight and not for the news," Postol said at Thursday's news conference to promote the Showtime fight. "My family is there in the middle of everything. But I am going to have my people there and my family is safe."

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I don't think Mother Russia is sending her best and brightest.  These folks look like plumbers from Leningrad, er Saint Petersburg.

Probably reservists who knew absolutely nobody who had enough grift to keep them from the front line. These guys seem less like POWs and more like escaped kidnap victims.

• Haha 2

Russia has warned of "serious military and political repercussions" if Finland joins NATO amid the Ukraine crisis.

Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova said the country's accession to NATO, the military alliance currently made up of 28 European countries plus the US and Canada, could "have detrimental consequences".

Following Russia's invasion of Ukraine this week, Finnish prime minister Sanna Marin said the debate surrounding Finland's membership of NATO "will change".

https://news.yahoo.com/russia-military-repurcussions-finland-nato-163803214.html

Russia has warned of "serious military and political repercussions" if Finland joins NATO amid the Ukraine crisis.
Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova said the country's accession to NATO, the military alliance currently made up of 28 European countries plus the US and Canada, could "have detrimental consequences".
Following Russia's invasion of Ukraine this week, Finnish prime minister Sanna Marin said the debate surrounding Finland's membership of NATO "will change".

https://news.yahoo.com/russia-military-repurcussions-finland-nato-163803214.html

Seems like Russia is handling Ukraine so well they could open up a second front……against a group that skull fucked them with a 5:1 kill to loss in their last round.

10 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

You know that movie Don't Look Up?

The plot should have been more like: Scientists discover meteor going to destroy Earth. This discovery occurs during Dotard administration. Scientists are mocked, scorned, called "liberal elites". Trumpers believe the meteor is a liberal hoax (You wouldn't believe how fake the meteor is.)

Election, Biden wins, tries to get a bill passed that would fund a heroic effort to save Earth. Susan Collins is very concerned, but worries about how it will be paid for. Tucker is on Team Meteor. ("That meteor didn't send our jobs to china"). Trumpkins would rather die in galactic fire than live under a D president. Meteor destroys Earth. Johnny Sack is among the few survivors. He blames Biden for the Earth being destroyed, claims if Dotard were still president, meteor would never have dared hit Earth.

What I got out of that is that Sack is a cockroach, cockroaches survive everything…. GDit! 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Newy25 said:

This isn’t just the “Trumpie”. Literally a few posts above there people calling Trump a traitor and blaming this on him. It’s all so childish not to mention completely wrong. 

Except Trump IS a traitor.  He more than likely has a back channel into Russia and has for ages.  The fact that they are playing his garbled idiotic words on Russian State TV tells us all you need to know.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck You 1

I work with a Russian immigrant named Sergei. He's a really nice guy who should be retired, but is still working to support his grandkids who have fully embraced the American dream of not working and getting shit for free. But I digress... One of the guys was peppering him with questions and Sergei has always been really uncomfortable discussing Russia. All he would say is Putin is gangster that should be killed.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Is real, Comrade. But is also Italian tank?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M13/40_tank

This buzz-kill brought to you by my overpowering urge to be the Surly Obsolete Italian Tank Expert.

If it comes down to it, if anyone could infiltrate interior Russia to reach the  putin palace ala The Equalizer, my money is on you.

• Drool 1

14 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Is real, Comrade. But is also Italian tank?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M13/40_tank

This buzz-kill brought to you by my overpowering urge to be the Surly Obsolete Italian Tank Expert.

Not to demean your expertise, but I'm pretty sure that Italian tanks are obsolete on the date of manufacture

• Haha 5
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Except Trump IS a traitor.  He more than likely has a back channel into Russia and has for ages.  The fact that they are playing his garbled idiotic words on Russian State TV tells us all you need to know.

Oh look.  @4doorsMoreWhores, or should I say Immortal, is totes cool with dotard being a traitor to this country.  Weren't you banned?  Why did you come back?!?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RPM said:

I work with a Russian immigrant named Sergei. He's a really nice guy who should be retired, but is still working to support his grandkids who have fully embraced the American dream of not working and getting shit for free. But I digress... One of the guys was peppering him with questions and Sergei has always been really uncomfortable discussing Russia. All he would say is Putin is gangster that should be killed.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Not to demean your expertise, but I'm pretty sure that Italian tanks are obsolete on the date of manufacture

For some reason this made me think of Private Cowboy saying,  "Be glad to trade you some ARVN rifles. Never been fired and only dropped once."