Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

12 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Cross him off, then.

Also, the modern Republican talks about worshipping Jesus and Ronald Reagan but has no idea what either stood for and has nothing in common with them.  That's level 1 of their full-of-shit act and it goes downhill from there.

Um, republicans don't really care or stand for anything outside of what is in the moment outside of 2 things, 1) create a massive wealth imbalance, 2) stay in power at all costs.   Nothing else matters.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Yes I saw. And it’s fucking stupid and I completely disagree with the take. 

Ok, well, this is the political thread.  So discussions of the statements and reactions of politicians are absolutely going to be here.  However, the Trumpies are doing their damnedest to defend the horrific stance of their Orange God, and they do that by blaming Biden. It is an old play.  Just neg them and move on.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Why the fuck are you even arguing this?  Did you pay attention to his speech earlier this week or not?  

I was responding to Europe’s pork belly requests and their self-looking views on SWIFT/sanctions.

Does my post make more sense now, knowing that?

16 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Ok, well, this is the political thread.  So discussions of the statements and reactions of politicians are absolutely going to be here.  However, the Trumpies are doing their damnedest to defend the horrific stance of their Orange God, and they do that by blaming Biden. It is an old play.  Just neg them and move on.

This isn’t just the “Trumpie”. Literally a few posts above there people calling Trump a traitor and blaming this on him. It’s all so childish not to mention completely wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

This isn’t just the “Trumpie”. Literally a few posts above there people calling Trump a traitor and blaming this on him. It’s all so childish not to mention completely wrong. 

But what if Trump really is a traitor?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Lol.  We’re all rooting for you Ukraine, but one one believes you exceed ace status in one day.  

While Russian advantages are clear, training and skills of the individual soldiers seem to be quite lacking from reports. 

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 1

As if we needed more proof, the fact that the red team and their dear leader are sucking Putin's dick as all this is unfolding, absolutely confirms he is a traitor and Putin's puppet. 

And I know the last five years should have killed any hope, but I still find myself incredulous that his base will go along. Most of the ex-military guys I know personally are in MAGA echo chambers, but I still can't believe they're ok with it.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 3

20 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

He is a traitor by definition. He’s giving aid and comfort to an enemy if the USA. They are literally playing his comments in Russia to rally support for Putin and his war. Are you just pretending that his comments this week don’t exist? He’s a pathetic beta to Putin as are all of his supporters.

• Hook 'Em 9

6 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Go fuck your Kyle Rittenhouse real-doll. 

Legit laughed.  Gonna be hard to top this line today.

Putin waited to move on Ukraine until the world was 1) occupied with a pandemic and 2) the western democracies had their hands full with political unrest at home.  People like Johnny SackO’Shit are doing Putin’s work regarding #2.  So fuck him and anyone else that want to only use this tragedy to further promote political strife here at home.  You are weakening AMERICA’S ability to respond politically to world events that could lead to the next world war.

• Hook 'Em 5

It's impossible to know what might have happened under Trump, but consider the following:

• he had no different "tools" available to him than Biden
  • he had less respect among European leaders
  • although he did less about it than Biden already has, talked an isolationist foreign policy avoiding foreign entanglements
  • didn't have any remarkable foreign policy successes during his term
  • was a completely ineffective leader domestically and globally (see, e.g., Covid)

I tend to think Putin was content with the level of chaos Trump provided on his own, without attempting to sow more with this stunt.  And, this stunt would not have helped his re-election chances.

As has been mentioned, during a Trump second term, this was a virtual inevitability.

• Hook 'Em 6

10 hours ago, Bullneck said:

I didn't get much out of what this attempted to say.  

Rather than looking at the pissing match of whose fault this on the US side, I was referring to the current situation on oil and gas needs across the globe and Putin knows that western buyers aren't going to cut off Russian exports because they can't afford to.  Doesn't the information coming out today about European buyers prove to everyone that the West just doesn't really give a shit about Ukraine? 

Side note, kinda surprised Zelensky hasn't blown up pipelines into Europe to force their hand into the conflict.  Cut off any energy supplies and europe will get real interested real quick.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Side note, kinda surprised Zelensky hasn't blown up pipelines into Europe to force their hand into the conflict.  Cut off any energy supplies and europe will get real interested real quick.

I would think that would move Europe into an oppositional posture against Ukraine

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Love seeing more material aid flowing to the Ukraine from outside.

Maybe we can help them by entering into a lend lease deal with Russia where we provide them with militarized Boeing 737s?

We’ve got about 1000 different options on how to blow up a tank at the snap of a finger. Yet I’m watching a goddamn 1950s-era invasion with armored columns. We need to get that stuff to them pronto. 

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

We’ve got about 1000 different options on how to blow up a tank at the snap of a finger. Yet I’m watching a goddamn 1950s-era invasion with armored columns. We need to get that stuff to them pronto. 

More seriously, I hope we already are through an intermediary ala Charlie Wilson’s War.  I don’t think we’ll know for some time exactly what we have been doing for the Ukraine.

8 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Doesn't the information coming out today about European buyers prove to everyone that the West just doesn't really give a shit about Ukraine? 

It’s a lot like the performative politics among many democrats in power in the US, pretending to care but refusing to fight because “reasons” ($$/corruption). Oh we will fly the flag and say we stand with Ukraine (but we will not actually stand with Ukraine).

Just now, Goredho said:

More seriously, I hope we already are through an intermediary ala Charlie Wilson’s War.  I don’t think we’ll know for some time exactly what we have been doing for the Ukraine.

fuck that we don't need an intermediary, just have Poland or Estonia hand it off and we can restock em

56 minutes ago, pacman said:

While Russian advantages are clear, training and skills of the individual soldiers seem to be quite lacking from reports. 

I don't think Mother Russia is sending her best and brightest.  These folks look like plumbers from Leningrad, er Saint Petersburg.

29 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's impossible to know what might have happened under Trump, but consider the following:

• he had no different "tools" available to him than Biden
  • he had less respect among European leaders
  • although he did less about it than Biden already has, talked an isolationist foreign policy avoiding foreign entanglements
  • didn't have any remarkable foreign policy successes during his term
  • was a completely ineffective leader domestically and globally (see, e.g., Covid)

I tend to think Putin was content with the level of chaos Trump provided on his own, without attempting to sow more with this stunt.  And, this stunt would not have helped his re-election chances.

As has been mentioned, during a Trump second term, this was a virtual inevitability.

Its way more than Putin being "content with the level of chaos Trump provided." Putin was using him to lay the groundwork for this exact thing. That is why Trump chose trying to withhold military aid to Ukraine as the lever to dirty up Biden. He could have chosen a dozen different things but went with that because it would advance both his and Putin's interests. Trying to withdraw from NATO, obviously another one that would have completely removed any constraint on Putin's ambitions.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, texastough said:

Its way more than Putin being "content with the level of chaos Trump provided." Putin was using him to lay the groundwork for this exact thing. That is why Trump chose trying to withhold military aid to Ukraine as the lever to dirty up Biden. He could have chosen a dozen different things but went with that because it would advance both his and Putin's interests. Trying to withdraw from NATO, obviously another one that would have completely removed any constraint on Putin's ambitions.  

Yeah, 100% Trump is a traitor. I thought he was just a useful idiot. It's pretty clear to me now that it is a lot more than that. He needs to hang. 

• Hook 'Em 8

3 minutes ago, texastough said:

the destabilizing effect trump had on US international relations cannot be overstated. He did decades of damage in a mere four years. The US cannot be trusted to keep its word anymore. Had trump gotten a second term, NATO probably wouldn't be viable anymore

• Hook 'Em 5