OK, Laptop was real. MSM corruption

Oh, so @Passive Aggressive Coach showed back up and in the middle of the night?  Yeah, not suspicious at all.  

I find it funny that in all his bleating that TRUMP WAS RIGHT ABOUT HUNTER BIDEN! bullshit, he is completely ok with his orange god asking for help from Putin for more dirt on the Biden's, Russia saying Trump is their "partner", and the Trump coup and all the shenanigans that Kushner and the Trump kids got into while daddy was in the white house.  What an idiot.

Oh yeah, he is also complaining about rep in this thread.

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

So, turns out Hunter has been under investigation all along and the right are still crying about what? That there weren't enough news stories run on a laptop that has no chain of custody and appeared out of nowhere?

Meanwhile, known tax dodger Trump and family have several ties to foreign business deals during Presidency, and significant histories with Russia and China banks, but that should be ignored and there are no open investigations there.

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 5

27 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I don't know about social media because I don't partake.  But, if you're bitching about social media censorship, you are probably a cunt, just like the people that bitch about rep here.

Clearly, the "MSM" reported whatever facts there were at the time.  Including the letter from the intel people.  CNN also reported in December 2020 that Hunter was under investigation.  https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/09/politics/hunter-biden-tax-investigtation/index.html

So most of this is utter and complete bullshit.

No one could have credibly said "the laptop is real" in the fall of 2020.  It was real in the sense that it was a laptop, but there wasn't sufficient information to confirm or deny its authenticity or its contents.

Now, apparently, there is.

There is still a massive debate as to whether the contents of the laptop prove any complicity by Joey Two Scoops with Hunter's drug-addled schemes.

Unless something new came out in the last couple of days that I missed, “the laptop” still hasn’t been verified as authentic. In other words, sure there’s physically a laptop with some authentic emails on it, but no confirmation that it was Hunter’s. The possibility that Russia hacked some of his emails and loaded some real emails along with some fake incriminating shit onto a laptop he’s never touched and gave it to Rudy is still very much alive.

• Hook 'Em 4

27 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I don't know about social media because I don't partake.  But, if you're bitching about social media censorship, you are probably a cunt, just like the people that bitch about rep here.

Clearly, the "MSM" reported whatever facts there were at the time.  Including the letter from the intel people.  CNN also reported in December 2020 that Hunter was under investigation.  https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/09/politics/hunter-biden-tax-investigtation/index.html

No one could have credibly said "the laptop is real" in the fall of 2020.  It was real in the sense that it was a laptop, but there wasn't sufficient information to confirm or deny its authenticity or its contents.

There is still a massive debate as to whether the contents of the laptop prove any complicity by Joey Two Scoops with Hunter's drug-addled schemes.

Unless something new came out in the last couple of days that I missed, “the laptop” still hasn’t been verified as authentic. In other words, sure there’s physically a laptop with some authentic emails on it, but no confirmation that it was Hunter’s. The possibility that Russia hacked some of his emails and loaded some real emails along with some fake incriminating shit onto a laptop he’s never touched and gave it to Rudy is still very much alive.

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If PAC is this upset over hunter getting a few million dollars from Ukraine, he must be livid knowing the trump corp and family is indebted to the Russians and Chinese to the tune of hundreds of millions.  Because wrong is wrong, correct?

Narrator: PAC doesnt give a shit about instances of Trump and family getting sweetheart deals from foreign governments and investment funds.  

• Hook 'Em 5

27 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

True enough.  The "sources" from NYT aren't exactly confirmed, nor is the "scope" of the authenticity of the laptop.  Hence, my use of the term "apparently."

I am going to guess that the NYT sources are a bit more credible than the ones previously pushing the laptop story, hence the story.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I have never for once doubted that Hunter Biden is a dirtbag or that he probably trafficked in his dad’s name in some shady ways. (I do doubt that he was ever delivering anything beyond the name “Hunter Biden”).

Where they lose me is the idea that this laptop is the One Ring of the Fox News Cinematic Universe.  That Hunter Biden’ laptop ties Biden, Hilary, Kamala, Soros, Fauci, and the Hamburglar to COVID-19, Ukrainian Bio-labs, CRT, pedo rings and the sad demise of Shannon Tweed movies on Cinemax.

Absolutely.  Hunter is a problem for Joe, no question.  But, there's little or no evidence that Joe has profited from Hunter's shenanigans or that the shenanigans are anything more than Hunter's unilateral efforts to play off the family name.

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I think everyone could benefit from therapy in the same way one benefits from having a primary care physician.

Nothing wrong with checking in even if you feel OK, head stuff is just as important as your balls and butthole. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Absolutely.  Hunter is a problem for Joe, no question.  But, there's little or no evidence that Joe has profited from Hunter's shenanigans or that the shenanigans are anything more than Hunter's unilateral efforts to play off the family name.

...AND if progressives proposed any legislation barring or mitigating influence peddling (not that it didn't happened in broad daylight with the former president's children and in-laws going back and forth between cabinet meetings and making business deals) the PACs of the world (pun intended) would be the loudest and most fervent in opposition. You can't go years singing "Watergate does not bother me" outta one side of your mouth and chanting "DRAIN THE SWAMP" outta the other without people recognizing duplicitous bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Nothing wrong with checking in even if you feel OK, head stuff is just as important as your balls and butthole. 

An enthusiastic and skilled "therapist" will usually treat all three in a single session, but you need to negotiate that price upfront. 

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Passive Aggressive Coach said:

This thread I knew would be hot topic. I am a smoker food guy and you can see my work, This thread is about to get me banned from here. I am very negative on the reps. I knew starting this would kill me. Didnt care it is true what happened.  Anyway, on reddit I am in an awesome smoked meat group. This site is run by ultra libs, Shaggy was awesome. It was 50/50 conservatives v libs. Now like 90/10 ultra libs including mods. I only found solace in the smoking group. BTW I am tjhooker! The scat bomber.  I was crowd sourced by the penelope a while ago as PAC1. I am also about to get crowdsourced here again by the collective. CR won't allow me to exist.  

thelma-and-louise-vintage.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If PAC is this upset over hunter getting a few million dollars from Ukraine, he must be livid knowing the trump corp and family is indebted to the Russians and Chinese to the tune of hundreds of millions.  Because wrong is wrong, correct?

It continues to amaze me how little my hardcore Trumper friends understand about business.  Considering, you know...what a business genius Trump is.  

Take for instance, the Capital Stack.  When you take on equity from outside LP's...you eventually have to pay them back.  Never mind the hurdle and/or carried interest.  Now you can literally not pay them back, but that of course will stain future investment opportunities, and they could still file legal action against you if the investment vehicle lost money due to your operational ineptitude (say for instance, your son has a massive coke habit).  There's a mezz piece in here I'm not gonna get into because Trump still thinks Mezzanine is the area in Trump Tower with the escalators.  And then there's the debt piece (senior, subordinated, etc.).  You gotta pay those folks first, because they have automatic recourse with your assets themselves and can take over ownership versus clipping.  So that's capital stack 101 Trump fans.  Incredibly oversimplified, but I think you get it.

Here's the rub.  It's dangerous when the very same entities/people who own some of the debt on your assets are also some of your LP equity investors.  It's incredibly dangerous when the very same senior/unsub debt holders are also co-investors/JV and are your sole source of outside capital to the point where they function as GP's alongside you.  There is a reason institutional investors and investment banks don't even bother to offer this in 99% of investments, because no operator/GP would fathom accepting such terms.  And it's beyond incredibly dangerous, it's a sublimely insane threat to national security when a company built on this Capital Stack arrangement in real estate has its organizational head sent to the White House and those ii's I mentioned are actually foreign banks, which are partially owned by our enemies.  

To call it unsustainable as a business model would be a generous understatement.  It's the most complex workout strategy ever devised in the history of credit.  We're paying for it now, and we're gonna continue to pay for it.  He is not a business genius.  But he's pretty fucking original, I'll give you that.  In my years of workout experience in private equity, it never occurred to me that somebody might write in "Then I'll run for President so all of our senior debt payments will be frozen for four years while we refinance."  

tl;dr---There's a 1% chance Trump may not be the erudite billionaire you think he is.

Edited by Lobo

32 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

True enough.  The "sources" from NYT aren't exactly confirmed, nor is the "scope" of the authenticity of the laptop.  Hence, my use of the term "apparently."

I am going to guess that the NYT sources are a bit more credible than the ones previously pushing the laptop story, hence the story.

As far as I know, the NYT sources confirmed the authenticity of some of the emails (apparently by getting copies from other participants). I still don't think the laptop itself has been confirmed as Hunter's. Based on the information regarding the laptop, I highly doubt it is anything but a tool to distribute information about Hunter. At any rate, none of it really matters because trafficking in the family name and having a big dick aren't illegal (thank God on the latter). 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yes. I don't think any Dems or non-Trumpers have tried to obstruct any investigation into Hunter. As always, if someone broke the law then prosecute them. 

If Joe is connected at all, I suspect it was out of love for his son rather than desire for self-gain. Loves his children in non-sexual way and doesn't do everything for self-enrichment. It's odd how something so ordinary can be so refreshing.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It's only ok if their people cheat, lie, and steal, even if it's from them. Not ok for anyone else. 

I mean look at Cowboys fans. Jerry Jones has been stealing from them for over 2 decades now and they still show up. 

So many humans are just fucking dumb. We have a small thin layer of ridiculously smart individuals at the top followed by a giant mass of stupid. 

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

Lmao. Haven't you heard? Immamac will give you rep if you cry to him loud enough and claim victimization.

But seriously dude. Who the fuck wakes up at 3AM and start posting pics of their kid and ranting while everyone is sleeping? Must be one of those crazy CR posters @Moby Ric has been so concerned about

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, Passive Aggressive Coach said:

This thread I knew would be hot topic. I am a smoker food guy and you can see my work, This thread is about to get me banned from here. I am very negative on the reps. I knew starting this would kill me. Didnt care it is true what happened.  Anyway, on reddit I am in an awesome smoked meat group. This site is run by ultra libs, Shaggy was awesome. It was 50/50 conservatives v libs. Now like 90/10 ultra libs including mods. I only found solace in the smoking group. BTW I am tjhooker! The scat bomber.  I was crowd sourced by the penelope a while ago as PAC1. I am also about to get crowdsourced here again by the collective. CR won't allow me to exist.  

About how much alcohol would you say you consume of an evening?

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Russian Asset request Russian release dirt on political opponent's son and they do within 24 hours. 

Weird 

Also, those quoted documents would appear to be emails from  . . . HUNTER BIDEN'S LAPTOP.

Tell me again why Russians would have emails from HUNTER BIDEN'S LAPTOP?

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Also, those quoted documents would appear to be emails from  . . . HUNTER BIDEN'S LAPTOP.

I just pictured a guy named Boris shoving a dead body under the counter at CompUSA, adjusting his red polo, and putting on a nametag that says, "Hello, my name is CHAD"

4 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Personally, I think someone took over an inactive account. But sure, drunken posting every couple of weeks at the exact same time is also possible. Though I'm not sure it is more likely. 

sack used to always get loaded and post his worst shit on Thursday afternoons. You could set your watch to it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Because they put it there in the first place. 

• Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

Gee, I wonder what could have happened to cause that swing on a board of mostly well-educated mature professionals? 

And unless I'm mistaken, the site is still run by the same folks who ran Shaggy.  Ownership might have changed but not mods.

People can change and grow? WHAT!!!

15 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

sack used to always get loaded and post his worst shit on Thursday afternoons. You could set your watch to it. 

For my money, I don't think anyone can take TTomTerriffic's crown. In his glory days that guy would plow thru the CR like an elderly in a Lincoln Continental thru a flea market. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

giphy.gif

It's quite obvious 66Buffalo and clapclapclap are pos-repping every single one of PAC's posts on that thread. Shouldn't that get the same kind of attention that auto-negging all of a poster's posts gets around here?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

there's sufficient information to confirm some of its contents.  that doesn't confirm all of its contents. 

4 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

People don’t react well to this stuff because of the double standard.  We have a metric shit ton of stuff 10x this bad about Trump and his family, and Rs gleefully vote for him nonetheless.  Something comes out half vetted about a Biden and Rs trumpet it because they know principled people will care.  Unfortunately those people also are aware it is all being done in service of those that want worse. 

republicans don't care about the corruption of children of politicians.  we know that, they know that.  the annoying part is them insisting that we need to believe them when they pretend that they do.  we know they don't.  they know they don't.  why can't we just accept that instead of playing a game where we pretend they're not lying about it.

Just now, elfenix said:

republicans don't care about the corruption of children of politicians.  we know that, they know that.  the annoying part is them insisting that we need to believe them when they pretend that they do.  we know they don't.  they know they don't.  why can't we just accept that instead of playing a game where we pretend they're not lying about it.

I would say that the "you have to pretend to believe that we believe our obvious lies" shit is even more annoying than the open fascism, but I'm pretty sure it's actually a core element of fascism.

34 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I would say that the "you have to pretend to believe that we believe our obvious lies" shit is even more annoying than the open fascism, but I'm pretty sure it's actually a core element of fascism.

This is the part about thanking troops or police for their service that gets me.  Once you see through the façade and recognize it as all for show it becomes an insult for you to do it, even if sincere because it is a co-opted virtue signal done by the morally bankrupt.

"For the children..."

So I leave that part out and just treat everyone with respect because how you act is more important than what you say.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

This is the part about thanking troops or police for their service that gets me.  Once you see through the façade and recognize it as all for show it becomes an insult for you to do it, even if sincere because it is a co-opted virtue signal done by the morally bankrupt.

"For the children..."

So I leave that part out and just treat everyone with respect because how you act is more important than what you say.

It is, to invoke the favorite right wing shibboleth, virtue signaling.

• Like 1