January 6th Committee Hearings Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Do you even 2000 Mules bro?

Holy cow, how did I forget about that clown?  Dinesh should be yelling--what about my movies?  It's almost like nobody from either party is drawing from his catalogue.

Cipollone can’t report what he advised the President, but Cassidy Hudson reported that he told her that Trump couldn’t go to the Capitol or they were “going to be charged with every crime imaginable.” I’d have to assume he advised Trump of that but he wanted to go anyway.

She also reported that Mark Meadows warned her onJanuary 2 that "things might get real, real bad on January 6th". So if the Chief of Staff suspected that 4 days beforehand then I’d have to assume he warned the President too. That could explain why he’s refusing to testify because that could prove damning evidence against Trump.

It’s too bad Trump didn’t actually go to the Capitol. Imagine him standing there with that shit eating grin on his ugly mug as rioters attacked the cops and the Proud Boys smashed through the windows leading the charge inside. Meadows’ staff refusing to take him there were really doing him a favor. 

10 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

not only is this not shocking nor surprising, it's exactly what many here predicted he would do and say, almost to the letter.

the news told us for months that the votes would come crashing down in waves because of the large numbers of vote-by-mail.  they told us which states counted in which order.  they told us how it would unfold throughout the day on tv.

a bunch of us said, "when this starts happening, he's just going to declare victory and demand the count stops".  this was days before the election.

when people tell you who they are, believe them.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 5

not only is this not shocking nor surprising, it's exactly what many here predicted he would do and say, almost to the letter.
the news told us for months that the votes would come crashing down in waves because of the large numbers of vote-by-mail.  they told us which states counted in which order.  they told us how it would unfold throughout the day on tv.
a bunch of us said, "when this starts happening, he's just going to declare victory and demand the count stops".  this was days before the election.

It’s not more complicated than that. Their crimes were both predictable and predicted.

And it doesn’t matter, because our country is dead-set on committing suicide.

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

Seriously.  Everything that everyone here has been saying for YEARS is exactly what we thought it was.  You know.  Because it's FUCKING OBVIOUS.  THESE ARE NOT GOOD CRIMINALS.  God damn it's annoying that apparently half the country and 90% of the government is too god damn stupid to understand it.  Fuck.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, TXSG8R said:

For the law dogs: do criminal statues like witness tampering apply to congressional hearing?  I know Cheney said they referred it to the DoJ, but I thought these hearings had different (non criminal) rules?  Is there a tampering with a congressional witness statue or rule as well?

Already two statues - how many we going for?

img_1473.jpg?_ga=2.185881901.561599249.1657675124-1811217335.1657675124

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

I think a Trump conviction would be way too much to ask for, but he should face trial, anyway. It's going to be all but impossible to get a jury of 12 people who didn't vote for Trump, and nobody who voted for him is going to be a fair juror.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he was convicted, no internet, no social media no Fox News just complete and pure evidence. Would be a trial I would watch every minute (I actually cut my news intake back by 90%). The whole country would. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Cipollone can’t report what he advised the President, but Cassidy Hudson reported that he told her that Trump couldn’t go to the Capitol or they were “going to be charged with every crime imaginable.” I’d have to assume he advised Trump of that but he wanted to go anyway.

She also reported that Mark Meadows warned her onJanuary 2 that "things might get real, real bad on January 6th". So if the Chief of Staff suspected that 4 days beforehand then I’d have to assume he warned the President too. That could explain why he’s refusing to testify because that could prove damning evidence against Trump.

It’s too bad Trump didn’t actually go to the Capitol. Imagine him standing there with that shit eating grin on his ugly mug as rioters attacked the cops and the Proud Boys smashed through the windows leading the charge inside. Meadows’ staff refusing to take him there were really doing him a favor. 

You know now that we are hearing all of this, what we can know is more in his inner circle actually found the idea as repulsive as we do. That’s a good thing, that’s a comforting fact. I’d much rather be here than dealing with the Trump marched the Capitol building scenario. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Given what bannon is saying from that leaked audio, it provides more context when trump was enraged when Fox declared Arizona for Joe Biden on election night. Trump needed Fox News to go along with him or at least stay out for the way. Trump could declare that CNN and definitely MSNBC was part of the conspiracy against him but Fox created a hurdle that couldn’t easily be overcome that night.

just think, trump still won’t concede the election he lost 20 months ago. 

52 minutes ago, troph said:

You know now that we are hearing all of this, what we can know is more in his inner circle actually found the idea as repulsive as we do. That’s a good thing, that’s a comforting fact. I’d much rather be here than dealing with the Trump marched the Capitol building scenario. 

We’ve heard secondhand that he watching on tv in the White House and was excited about it but I think it would be easier to get an indictment if he was there and we caught him on camera.

1 hour ago, hookemATL said:

What a piece of shit. Dunn was well within his rights to curb stomp that fucking terrorist. 

Or you could say the opposite, that Dunn could’ve accepted his apology. ABC reported that the cops accepted his apology but they must’ve missed that one. It’s not like Ayers was attacking cops and it appears that he’s reformed and regrets his trip to the Capitol. There’s something to be said about forgiveness.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Or you could say the opposite, that Dunn could’ve accepted his apology. ABC reported that the cops accepted his apology but they must’ve missed that one. It’s not like Ayers was attacking cops and it appears that he’s reformed and regrets his trip to the Capitol. There’s something to be said about forgiveness.

Forgiveness can only follow contrition.
There is no MAGA contrition. If they express it, it is a lie.
MAGA has made their goals clear. There is no reform. There is no contrition. There should be no forgiveness, and no quarter. They have demonstrated who they are and what they will do. Believe their actions. Believe them.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Traitors hang. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

yeah, i was watching the four cops on cnn (i'm sure there's video).  the 4th and final one that ayers went to (don't know his name, but he was white with some facial hair, not fannone) said he saw all the other cops shake his hand, and felt a little peer pressure so he also shook his hand.  i can't remember what he said about accepting an apology or not, but he did say he was nervous about disincentivizing people who are looking for an off-ramp from their decisions and beliefs.

man, i don't know.  this seems like a real slippery slope.  part of me wants to hear that, and the other part of me goes straight brisket.  assuming there are some people who are done with this life, they need to know there's a way out, otherwise what's the point? 

• Hook 'Em 3

I thought Ayres was pretty sincere.  He wasn't the most articulate or the sharpest knife in the drawer, so I don't think he expressed it well, but I think he felt genuinely misled and contrite.

Van Tatenhove hasn't been an Oath Keeper for five or six years, he wasn't even at the riot.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Forgiveness can only follow contrition.
There is no MAGA contrition. If they express it, it is a lie.
MAGA has made their goals clear. There is no reform. There is no contrition. There should be no forgiveness, and no quarter. They have demonstrated who they are and what they will do. Believe their actions. Believe them.

He’s not MAGA anymore, he got off social media, he no longer believes the Big Lie, he admitted his mistakes and no longer supports Trump, and he apologized for his actions. And he voluntarily came to speak to the Committee about it. How much more contrition do you want?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

He’s not MAGA anymore, he got off social media, he no longer believes the Big Lie, he admitted his mistakes and no longer supports Trump, and he apologized for his actions. And he voluntarily came to speak to the Committee about it. How much more contrition do you want?

This. He’s worth more as an example of someone who said, “Whoa, this is a crazy train and I need to get off.”
  • Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

And pled guilty to federal charges.  Granted, a misdemeanor, but compare and contrast with say Jenna Ryan.

The sentiment expressed applies to Ryan and many others, but not to Ayres, I don't think.  I could be duped, but I don't think the guy is really sophisticated enough to pull off some kind of psy op.  And there's really nothing for him in doing so.