Boo fucking Hoo Brittney Griner

Gil Bang

It's amazing how stupid this all is. The world's largest arms dealers to terrorists are Lockheed followed by Raytheon and Boeing. 

We did an asymmetrical trade.  Who gives a fuck. Move on at this point. Of course it was all political. That is how the world works.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

The timing of this trade is kind of interesting, given that it was announced just a couple days after the Georgia Senate run-off election, which was end of this round of mid-terms. I kind of wonder if it's because the Biden Administration wanted to keep it out of the headlines until the election was settled, or if Putin thought she wasn't worth keeping around as an antagonistic story for the 2024 election. I'm leaning towards the former given the uncertainty of how the news would be received. 

Edited by Dutchrudder
  • Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Lol, this whole thing is a massive Russian active measures campaign that worked out perfectly for them. And it worked because the admin, begrudgingly, did the right thing by bringing home an American detained under political pretenses. 

- Doing the swap this way offered fodder to exacerbate divisions in the United States along racial/political fault lines, successfully as seen on this thread. It couldn’t be better, they successfully got a Democratic President to work a deal to free a black lesbian basketball player who kneeled for the national anthem and leave a white middle aged former Marine in jail. Fuck, you can’t WRITE a story better for the GQP. 

- It’s a massive propaganda coup at home because the Russian government is perfectly aware, and celebrating, the fact that they successfully traded someone who did nothing wrong for an actual bad person who did bad things for them. It’s a power move that reinforces Putin’s tarnished image as a master badass. 

Exactly. Plus this is one the reasons Twitter was worth $44 billion to Elon. Even if Elon hasn’t had enough time to fully weaponize Twitter, this situation appears to be a success for Russia, the GOP, and right wing propagandists 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Lol, this whole thing is a massive Russian active measures campaign that worked out perfectly for them. And it worked because the admin, begrudgingly, did the right thing by bringing home an American detained under political pretenses. 

- Doing the swap this way offered fodder to exacerbate divisions in the United States along racial/political fault lines, successfully as seen on this thread. It couldn’t be better, they successfully got a Democratic President to work a deal to free a black lesbian basketball player who kneeled for the national anthem and leave a white middle aged former Marine in jail. Fuck, you can’t WRITE a story better for the GQP. 

- It’s a massive propaganda coup at home because the Russian government is perfectly aware, and celebrating, the fact that they successfully traded someone who did nothing wrong for an actual bad person who did bad things for them. It’s a power move that reinforces Putin’s tarnished image as a master badass. 

This will be a big deal for a week then something that maybe gets mentioned every now and then. Meanwhile Putin’s army continues to get their asses kicked by a bunch of Ukrainian farmers. This won’t exactly help his PR. By next week they’ll be back on Hunter Biden’s dong, I mean laptop.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

As I mentioned to inka I believe some of you have the relative value of these two in PR terms reversed.

8 minutes ago, G650 said:

As I mentioned to inka I believe some of you have the relative value of these two in PR terms reversed.

Their relative value to Vladimir Putin? Not in the slightest. No one in Russia gives a single solitary shit about Britney Griner. His PR audience is all inside Russia and outside Russia all he cares about is getting people worked up and he’s succeeded on both counts. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I don’t care about any of this. The fake outrage from the GOP trolls is exhausting 

This is all they have.  They don't exactly govern well or make things better for the country but they are expert whiners.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Their relative value to Vladimir Putin? Not in the slightest. No one in Russia gives a single solitary shit about Britney Griner. His PR audience is all inside Russia and outside Russia all he cares about is getting people worked up and he’s succeeded on both counts. 

1) It's not a singularity. Their worth to us is just as important in deal valuation than the worth to Putin, and the worth to Putin only matters insofar as it affects us, not in absolute terms.

2) You people are wildly overestimating what Viktor fucking Bout matters to anyone whatsoever. Putin is not getting some boost from this at home in a country that is in the throes of a misguided war and is looking at the serious possibly of losing territorial integrity in the next year or so. Add in Bout has been pumped for all the relevant information years ago and is largely just a husk at this point with very few real world contacts still living.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It’s a massive propaganda coup at home because the Russian government is perfectly aware, and celebrating, the fact that they successfully traded someone who did nothing wrong for an actual bad person who did bad things for them. It’s a power move that reinforces Putin’s tarnished image as a master badass.

I suspect it will last until the next shipment of dead Russian soldiers comes back from Ukraine or until Putin’s next mobilization of Russian conscripts to be shipped off to Ukraine as cannon fodder, whichever comes first. 

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He’s pretty valuable to propagandists on the right who are using his early release to threaten that this will result in American deaths.

Uvalde+ other mass shootings, Capitol Riots, and Texas Freeze seems to indicate zero fucks are given about                        ^this^

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

12 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I don’t care about any of this. The fake outrage from the GOP trolls is exhausting 

As is the utter lack of compassion from those so-called Christians.

It's all pretty depressing.  There are about a hundred million really stupid and really mean people in this country.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

As is the utter lack of compassion from those so-called Christians.

It's all pretty depressing.  There are about a hundred million really stupid and really mean people in this country.

Let’s send them to Russia 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Listening to Republicans bitch about why we didn't get Whelan is like listening to sports-talk radio callers bitch about why the Rangers don't trade for Kyle Wright.  Umm, because the Braves aren't offering him, dumbfuck.

He is also a piece of work. Kicked out of the Marines for running a bunch of grifts and scams, has lied about his past employment and college education (under oath) and was caught red headed the ruskies with cash and a data dump. I’m surprised trump didn’t trade bigly for him, he seems like a perfect maga.

9 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

He is also a piece of work. Kicked out of the Marines for running a bunch of grifts and scams, has lied about his past employment and college education (under oath) and was caught red headed the ruskies with cash and a data dump. I’m surprised trump didn’t trade bigly for him, he seems like a perfect maga.

And I still hope we bring him home. Even if he was a sack of shit. He’s an American citizen. But Russia wasn’t offering his release. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

And I still hope we bring him home. Even if he was a sack of shit. He’s an American citizen. But Russia wasn’t offering his release. 

Heaven forbid we bring his name up...

Is that allowed in a 'negotiation' or Vladi just said, 'don't ask again?'  and we complied?

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Heaven forbid we bring his name up...

Is that allowed in a 'negotiation' or Vladi just said, 'don't ask again?'  and we complied?

Dude, they had been negotiating for him for months. What the fuck are you talking about?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Maybe he’s talking about how Trump never once said Whelan’s name either publicly or by tweet at any time during his presidency. 

Cozied up to Putin and Un, but couldn’t bring home Whelan or an alive Warmbier. But somehow that’s Joe Biden’s fault