Jill Biden uses breakfast taco metaphor when talking about Mexicans

Harrison Bergeron

13 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

In the apex of American higher education, our Surgeon General and greatest doctor and quantum physicist and virologist combining the grit of DOCTOR Jonas Salk, the intelligence of DOCTOR Albert Einstein, and the compassion of DOCTOR Marie Curie ... third only to Drs Pepper and Fauci tells all you Latinz ... you people are breakfast tacos. Who thought Sleepy Joe might not be the biggest racist in the family - but he’s not A DOCTOR!!!

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/07/12/jill-biden-apologizes-for-comparing-hispanic-people-to-breakfast-tacos-00045306

In on page 1.

Surgeon General?

U.S. surgeon general and his entire family tested positive for COVID-19 :  NPR

That must be a Facebook/Fox News/own the libs thing.  

giphy.gif

Thanks for pointing out this extremely important piece of news, @Harrison Bergeron.

As a native Miamian I was more offended by the "blossoms of Miami."

Who doesn't love breakfast tacos?

Meanwhile, TFG continues to try to tamper with January 6 witnesses.

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 3

The Latino community, Biden said Monday, is “as distinct as the bodegas of the Bronx, as beautiful as the blossoms of Miami and as unique as the breakfast tacos here in San Antonio.”

Really, this is something to complain about?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, F250 said:

As a Latino and a San Antonian, I declare Jill's statement not offensive.

My ruling is final.

community agree GIF

A city-specific reference. For a city known for breakfast tacos. AHHH OUTRAGEEEEEEE

Somehow more offensive than “Latinos love trump bc we have the best taco bowl!”

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

A city-specific reference. For a city known for breakfast tacos. AHHH OUTRAGEEEEEEE

Somehow more offensive than “Latinos love trump bc we have the best taco bowl!”

Agreed. The only thing that would piss us off is saying Austin has better breakfast tacos.

1 minute ago, troph said:

I love breakfast tacos, I would fuck one, marry one, have it's baby and ultimately that's because I want to be a breakfast taco because breakfast tacos bring happiness.

I'd rather just eat one.  Just sayin'.

3 minutes ago, Hate said:

It takes a comment such as yours that is so egregiously wrong that I will actually come to the cesspool forum to post.  Also, as a SA native, I would have no issues being likened to a breakfast taco...specifically a carne guisada or bean and cheese. 

Looks like it. 

3 minutes ago, Hate said:

giphy.gif

It takes a comment such as yours that is so egregiously wrong that I will actually come to the cesspool forum to post.  Also, as a SA native, I would have no issues being likened to a breakfast taco...specifically a carne guisada or bean and cheese. 

Also native San Antonian.  I had my first Carne Guisada taco for breakfast over 40 years ago and have known that it was the best breakfast taco ever since.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

reminds me of the UT commencement address in 1998 (when I graduated), the senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson gave the address and compared us to the actual animal a Texas Longhorn and she went on and on about how rugged and amazing the animal is and how we should all aspire to be like the longhorn. I busted out laughing in the address, yeah, locked in a field, with a tongue up my nose, shit on my ass, flies all around, that's who I want to be like when I grow up!

It was a bad analogy, a really bad one.  but that's all it was.  then and now.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, troph said:

I love breakfast tacos, I would fuck one, marry one, have it's baby and ultimately that's because I want to be a breakfast taco because breakfast tacos bring happiness.

I was right there with you until that first comma....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Latino community, Biden said Monday, is “as distinct as the bodegas of the Bronx, as beautiful as the blossoms of Miami and as unique as the breakfast tacos here in San Antonio.”

Negged for not quoting the above because it didn't match up to your lie. I think the group that objected is wrong. They were probably informed of what Biden said by a lying POS like yourself.

Run along, little snowflake, back to DT clutching your pearls and telling your pals what meanies we are.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Negged for not quoting the above because it didn't match up to your lie. I think the group that objected is wrong. They were probably informed of what Biden said by a lying POS like yourself.

Run along, little snowflake, back to DT clutching your pearls and telling your pals what meanies we are.

Here's the full quote:

"the diversity of this community, as distinct as the bodegas of the Bronx, as beautiful as the blossoms of Miami and as unique as the breakfast tacos here in San Antonio, is your strength."

13 minutes ago, Hate said:

Also, as a SA native, I would have no issues being likened to a breakfast taco...specifically a carne guisada or bean and cheese.

I always had you pictured as more of a chicharron and egg taco.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Here's the full quote:

"the diversity of this community, as distinct as the bodegas of the Bronx, as beautiful as the blossoms of Miami and as unique as the breakfast tacos here in San Antonio, is your strength."

Metaphors are hard. 

She may as well have referenced the homeless camps in Austin or the strip malls of Houston.  

Edited by Js1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hate said:

I would have no issues being likened to a breakfast taco...specifically a carne guisada or bean and cheese. 

Why not both but with some bacon added.

I am sure you are familiar with the Nando.

rolando-s-super-taco.jpg

• Like 1
  • Drool 3

14 minutes ago, Hate said:

giphy.gif

A bean and cheese taco for breakfast sounds horrible. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Hate said:

giphy.gif

My wife is from SA, too. Y'all both know your favorite spots are closed by two in the afternoon. Availability was the clearly stated point of my post, and that point stands.

I will also state that breakfast burritos are too much of a commitment, and discourage both focus and flexibility.

• immamac changed the title to Jill Biden uses breakfast taco metaphor when talking about Mexicans