Mexican-American woman in Dallas hates Indian immigrants

HornPhD

On 8/25/2022 at 12:49 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Upton girl. She’s been living in that white bread world

She married white and now she thinks she can

talk lots of shit about the Indians 

Mexicans can be racist as shit.  I lived in the Valley for a number of years.  She does not need to marry white to be racist.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Mexicans can be racist as shit.  I lived in the Valley for a number of years.  She does not need to marry white to be racist.

I could be wrong but i don't think he meant her being "white bread" meant she felt comfortable spouting racist shit rather it made her feel entitled to spout her opinion, which happened to be racist.   That said, i agree that every ethnic group has its fair share of racist idiots.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I have to admit that I’m surprised she has not surfaced with her excuses, all of which beyond her control don’t you know, which led to her saying those mean racist things that she did not mean and doesn’t hold in her heart.

It’s like she doesn’t know the Karen-got-caught-being-racist game plan.

11 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

All without removing the garage door as a prime architectural feature.

There's a Johnny Cash song that fits this home perfectly.

It's as if it was the last home to be built and they used the construction scraps from all the previous builds.......Otherwise known as the Heinz 57 Mansion.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 hours ago, TexPx said:

04bf2bb9bd4599fb6c50ad8f9b949f9f.jpg

Wow, thats pretty bad, but oddly enough...there are thousands of this style all over Frisco, Mckinney etc..

First of all, soldiering brick is actually a very pretty accent when placed correctly over/around windows or at the point where the finished floor level starts.  The problem (of which there are many) is that ascetic is lost due to trying to create fake character.  Flagstone on top of or next to brick is just a major no-no imo.  Compound that with a haring bone pattern of the brick next to soldiering just completely loses the effect.   Add in a Normandy-French Country look with the porch-garage supports and top floor accents....just a whole lot of manufactured design that doesn't mix well.  Front loading garage, cheap vinyl windows (always spend as much as you can on windows IMO, Pella/Marvin etc..) really round this tired look out.

Edited by jdhorn92

16 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Wow, thats pretty bad, but oddly enough...there are thousands of this style all over Frisco, Mckinney etc..

First of all, soldiering brick is actually a very pretty accent when placed correctly over/around windows or at the point where the finished floor level starts.  The problem (of which there are many) is that ascetic is lost due to trying to create fake character.  Flagstone on top of or next to brick is just a major no-no imo.  Compound that with a haring bone pattern of the brick next to soldiering just completely loses the effect.   Add in a Normandy-French Country look with the porch-garage supports and top floor accents....just a whole lot of manufactured design that doesn't mix well.  Front loading garage, cheap vinyl windows (always spend as much as you can on windows IMO, Pella/Marvin etc..) really round this tired look out.

The only place this house might work is on the Steel Shank thread.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jdhorn92 said:

Herringbone.

Carry on.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jdhorn92 said:

Ha ha there’s no excuse for that misspelling,  I meant to edit, , took a call and never circled back.  

beat me to it

went and made a Stanis jpg and everything

image.png.b660dc49e3fe382cfbe5caa069253db0.png

I have never like the mix of brick and stone; especially with red brick/white stone. the contrast  just looks like ass 

• Hook 'Em 1

I mean, if you just look at it.  It's literally representative of most Northern European nations.  But I look at the overall design styles of the home and think...

I like the relationships.  Each material has its own story.  Herringbone is a bit too much but you have to overlook things like that in these kinda houses.  The way the tudor is holding the brick, it's almost filthy.  They're about to clutch, but brick's pulling away... real mortar sorta smashed up against it.  Look at how the designed the curtains, sort of translucent.  You can just make out the framing underneath.  and it's sorta touching it right about here.  It's really pretty torrid, don't you think.  And of course, you have the neighbors looking on from behind their doorways...like they're all shocked.  They wish.  Yeah, I have to admit...when I see a house like this...I get emotionally.....erect.  /LAS

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I was always a HUGE fan (sarcastic) of this super-70s look:

gettyimages-147285187-1561055418.jpg?res

Yes, nothing fit into 1975 sweltering swampy Houston like a house that screams "look, I'm a knockoff from cool climate jolly old England!"

That's actually a fairly authentic English  . . .  council estate.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

That's actually a fairly authentic English  . . .  council estate.

Yep, I think Jamie Tart grew up there.  With a buncha other people.  But he has been redeemed.  Dammit, when is season 3 gonna get here?  

video walk-through of the house in question.  Zillow indicates $885k asking price in 2015 which was a fair deal back then, built 1996 style needs interior remodeling. Having a pool, 3 car garage, sport court and 500sf guest house, prime location near the Tollway   makes this a very good property, I'd go $1.2 mil max on it. Not as hideous as some here suggest, sure the brick entry is overdone (can be remodeled -- I prefer double doors) but what else is that horrific?

It's that bullshit "tudor style" that was all the rage for a period.  An ugly, ugly period.

As a kid driving from SA to go to Astroworld, I always knew we were in Houston when we reached that stretch of houses in the south side of I-10 that were “Tudor” style. They were awful back then too.
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

video walk-through of the house in question.  Zillow indicates $885k asking price in 2015 which was a fair deal back then, built 1996 style needs interior remodeling. Having a pool, 3 car garage, sport court and 500sf guest house, prime location near the Tollway   makes this a very good property, I'd go $1.2 mil max on it. Not as hideous as some here suggest, sure the brick entry is overdone (can be remodeled -- I prefer double doors) but what else is that horrific?

Paint the brick might make it look not so hideous.

51 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Hot damn. Telenova descend-while-shrieking staircase a mere 25 seconds in.

Edited by RDCanecutter
the espelling, she is hard.

Skipped through the rest. Fairly obvious where they hid the safe in that barren box. As if she ever cooked anything good in that kitchen. Looks like a combo office suite/airport lounge. Oh and we moved a bed into a spare empty room.

If I were a kid there, I'd sell all mom's jewelry at a pawn shop and hitchhike to Laredo.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes, nothing fit into 1975 sweltering swampy Houston like a house that screams "look, I'm a knockoff from cool climate jolly old England!"

Weird Science!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/29/2022 at 11:32 AM, Brisketexan said:

That reminds me...I haven't been to the Draught House in some time. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

That house has a lot of my pet peeves.  Top of the list is a huge two story living room with no place to put a TV. Worthless room.  Also hate master BR (oops I mean owners suite) that is overly huge. Just seems out of scale and a huge wasted space.

• Hook 'Em 1

An equal opportunity bigot:

Upton admitted to police she struck one of the women because they were "videoing and saying all of this (expletive) that I wasn't doing. And that's what they do. Just like the black people," the affidavit said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/30/2022 at 10:37 PM, HookEm said:

That house has a lot of my pet peeves.  Top of the list is a huge two story living room with no place to put a TV. Worthless room.

You don't have to watch TV. There are plenty of things you can do right here in your own community. You could visit a dairy and see how milk is handled and prepared for delivery. Or plan a series of window displays on home safety. Or help start a library. You can discuss with your dentist way to make your teeth more attractive.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

You don't have to watch TV. There are plenty of things you can do right here in your own community. You could visit a dairy and see how milk is handled and prepared for delivery. Or plan a series of window displays on home safety. Or help start a library. You can discuss with your dentist way to make your teeth more attractive.

Try it again.  This time...with more feewing.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

You forgot to mention laying pipe.

The house isn’t my favorite but it’s not horrible. It’s outdated some but so are >80% of all houses. 

as for the woman, I have to guess she was/is on some mental breakdown or involved with substance abuse. Even the most Karen-minded suburban mom or flat out racist doesn’t normally cross the street to verbally attack others. It doesn’t excuse her criminal behavior.

or perhaps this is who she is and her acquaintances are not surprised. 

• Hook 'Em 2