Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

15 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Those extra reps didn't help his accuracy, pocket presence, or issues holding the ball too long.

If we're going to need to rely on him, I'm willing to bet they didn't hurt.

No one wants Card as the starter, but I'll maintain he probably has a better feel for the offense and better rhythm with his wr thanks to the extended qb battle in camp.

Said another way, if you think he looks ill prepared now, it probably could have been worse.

Personally I'm not too down on the guy for yesterday.  He definitely didn't lose us the game, he just didn't take it over and win it, either.  I think we all know Card isn't the guy to do that against Bama, but thankfully he won't have to play them again.

15 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Edited by Bill Lumbergh
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Of course he’s in a lot of pain. It happened yesterday and there’s not really any way to immobilize that joint. Unless it was really dislocated and they had to reduce it and they’re just not giving us the whole picture I’d be shocked if it’s more than 4 weeks 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Card was more than serviceable in the opener last year against a Top 25 team. IF he’s healthy we should be ok against UTSA and WVU. Tech in Lubbock may be an issue since he doesn’t do well in hostile environments.

Traylor has them kids believing. And he's another good season away from landing a better gig. Best believe he ain't coming for a moral victory 

Edited by Coach pop a bitch
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Card was more than serviceable in the opener last year against a Top 25 team. IF he’s healthy we should be ok against UTSA and WVU. Tech in Lubbock may be an issue since he doesn’t do well in hostile environments.

Next couple weeks are gonna ride on the OL. Card is fine with good protection and the running game is gonna be critical.

7 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Traylor has them kids believing. And he's another good season away from landing a better gig. Best believe he ain't coming for a moral victory 

Traylor has them believing but if Ballard wasn't injured for most of the 2nd half UTSA would be 0-2. 

This UTSA team is not nearly as good as the ULL team Texas played in the opener last year. 

5 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Well, at least we won’t be facing a pass rush the caliber of Bama’s again while Card is filling in.

Yeah the DLs for UTSA, Tech, and WVU are nowhere Bama's universe, on paper. But still, the OL needs to play well in pass and run. Obviously need the D to keep playing well too.

Bottom line, the rest of the team needs to step up. If our culture has actually changed, the quarterback's name will not matter as much. The oline is ready to run block that much harder, so we can go run and play action heavy. Our d is ready to force turnovers even more than ever. We have only caused one turnover in two games.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

If we're going to need to rely on him, I'm willing to bet they didn't hurt.

No one wants Card as the starter, but I'll maintain he probably has a better feel for the offense and better rhythm with his wr thanks to the extended qb battle in camp.

Said another way, if you think he looks ill prepared now, it probably could have been worse.

Personally I'm not too down on the guy for yesterday.  He definitely didn't lose us the game, he just didn't take it over and win it, either.  I think we all know Card isn't the guy to do that against Bama, but thankfully he won't have to play them again.

He might. I'm guessing Sark will put Card in for 4th quarter mop-up duty when we're up by 30 against Bama in the CFP Semifinal. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

Well it's an SC sprain so pretty sure this is irrelevant

I’ve been trying to respond to this thread:. Yes an SC sprain is a whole different beast - can actually be life-threatening on the left side due to major blood vessels.   An AC sprain (grades 1-2) would have been best-case scenario as our surgeon friend explains and what we were hoping for when they said MRI. So yeah, damn.  No you cannot technically rehab the joint itself (it’s a joint not an actual muscle!) so you rehab the chest, shoulda, shoulder blades etc - everything around it. once his pain is controlled, and his mechanics are not affected, he will be cleared. 

I’m actually in the sports medicine business myself. But not a nurse. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

How do you get your SC joint in shape?

5C182C53-0169-449A-9C31-CED5D1203B60.gif.43453a17f99ce4c0c263646e5d828741.gif

In all seriousness, did no one on the staff or team tell Ewers that he has to beat off before a big game? That is just asking for trouble.  Its the little things Sark needs to get under control to really turn the corner.

4 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

In all seriousness, did no one on the staff or team tell Ewers that he has to beat off before a big game? That is just asking for trouble.  Its the little things Sark needs to get under control to really turn the corner.

I think the MoC was supposed to take care of that.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GTX Horn said:

Well, at least we won’t be facing a pass rush the caliber of Bama’s again while Card is filling in.

Once the run game gets going, they are gonna get smoked on playaction. 

Gonna be pretty simple to put up a ton of points on the next couple games. I expect more like Texas tech last year.

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

Lol I remember knocking back drinks at the Tavern prior to our bowl game against Wazzu seeing this for the first time (Tech played right before us) and laughing my ass off. I’ve probably seen it as a GIF in the almost 20 years since 10,000 times and I still openly chuckle.

Just like seeing someone get hit in the nuts, this shit will never not be funny….

Edited by Ignatius
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

He didn't look like he was in any pain at all on the sideline yesterday.  Maybe they gave him something in the locker room at halftime for the pain.

I bet he makes it back in time for OU. 

57 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Has anyone listened to the new On Texas Football podcast with the title “Injury Updates/Charles Wright Expectations”?

I did.

3 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i still don't understand why pancho killed my separate thread on the SC sprain topic - on the left side it is rare and also has extreme risk *IF* it breaks

Because it was being discussed in multiple threads, and Quinn has his own thread.  It didn’t need another one. 

Pretty simple, honestly.

No harm…you can still buy me bourbon at the next tailgate 

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet