Wulaw Horn

1 hour ago, TexEx15 said:

Scouting report as a 3 star recruit. Was committed to Iowa State. Had he gone he probably ends up being a Brock Purdy type pain in our ass so I have faith he can get can get us past UTSA. Let’s hope Card gets back by conference play and Ewers by OU.

75D37DD4-98E1-4FC6-B53F-7B7EDCA15AB7.png

I like how they projected him as a P5 starter then compared him to a G5 starter at a shitty program. 

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Y'all boys are setting yourselves up for disappointment. UTSA's QB is nice, and they will score points. I'm guessing they get somewhere around 24-28 due to our lack of offensive consistency.

We really need the running game to step the fuck up this week. It'll be closer we'd like. 34-24 range.

22 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We shouldn't need much from QB. Shouldn't. Give Bijan and Rojo 40 carries, throw 15-20 screen passes, mix in some wild cat and some deep shots - we will put up points. 

We just can't turn the ball over and be sloppy on D. Card did a great job at managing the game despite still obviously being a mediocre QB. If he's even at 80% there shouldn't be any excuses for losing this. 

And we're at home. And this fanbase has gotten a taste for the first time in forever. DKR is going to be loud and packed out. Again. 

Fans were great against Bama !!!

Sark and CDC should tell the students and fans that "we really need yah to show up and be loud again against utsa".  

2 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Well I'm sold on Wright.  Murphy is obviously the better athlete, but Wright has been with Sark for two years and knows the system better.  Start him and hope the defense can look as good as it did against Bama.

Coaches will expect/demand it (or they fuckin better be). Players also need to expect it from each other as well, and voice it when they observe differently. 

Demand excellence!!! Once a player/position group displays they are capable of something, a new bar is set…… and that bar is now the minimum to be expected. 

Ill go ahead and say right now that if we simply play the rest of the year defensively at the level we played at Saturday, we are in the B12CG. Not a doubt in my mind

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

Then how did they only score 20 points in regulation and how did Tune only have 200 yards in the air?

They couldn't stop UTSA to save their lives so they focused on running the football to control the clock. Ran it 44 times. When they did throw, they got chunks. Four of their receivers had over 10 YPC I believe.

Y'all boys are setting yourselves up for disappointment. UTSA's QB is nice, and they will score points. I'm guessing they get somewhere around 24-28 due to our lack of offensive consistency.
We really need the running game to step the fuck up this week. It'll be closer we'd like. 34-24 range.

Can totally see this because Texas. But these guys held bama to 20 pints.

Losing to Bama sucks so hard, we could have won that game about a million different ways and just didn't get it done. But that is over with now. We emerged with Bert Auburn maybe being a decent kicker, despite that fuck up at the end of the first half, and what might be a great defense. We are ranked 21st in the AP now so while we lost that game we won some respect and that can go a long way but it will go away quickly if we don't capitalize.

Huge three game stretch (at least) coming up without our QB. Time for the running game and the defense to carry us. The special teams have played much better than we feared coming into the season, they need to keep that up and keep getting better. We can do this and emerge at 4-1 going into OU weekend with (hopefully...) a healthy QB coming back.

It is starting to get exciting!

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Giving up 24 points in this day and age is a good defensive performance. I would take it.

11 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Fans were great against Bama !!!

Sark and CDC should tell the students and fans that "we really need yah to show up and be loud again against utsa".  

It helps when you've got an exciting matchup.

Y'all should move to a conference with more of those.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

There is nothing that supports this theory. Neither of these guys have ever thrown a pass in a game.

Bama knew Card was hurt and still struggled to get consistent pressure throughout the second half. If UTSA really wants to bring the house, we have the receivers to create separation and Card has the arm talent to throw it to a lot of places on the field even if he can’t fully step into throws. If he is healthy enough, we can cook up a gameplan that minimizes the time he spends outside the pocket running around on rollouts and what not.

I actually agree with you about Card, which is why I want him as healthy as possible going to Lubbock. Unless he is feeling 90% or better on Saturday I don’t want to risk him making the ankle worse and not having him available against Tech. Also a good idea to get Wright some meaningful reps in case Card starts the Tech game but can’t finish it. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Right now, the numbers don't mean a whole lot after only 2 games.  We will win this one regardless of who starts at QB.  Sark will use the time wisely to get everyone healed.  The stats are more of a guideline than the rule.  I going with UT 42 and Roadkill 14.

Total Offense Rankings as of 2 games

32  UTSA  953 yards for 476.5 a game         UTSA played Houston and Army.

85  UT    754  377 a game   Tied w Clemson

Total Defense 

100  UTSA   827 for 413.5 a game

50  UT   633 for 316.5 a game

TEXAS TECH      Murray St and Houston

7 Total Offense 1073 for 536.5 a game

47 Total Defense 612 for 306 a game

Edited by Bevo&Pevo

2 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

If Malik is behind wright he should probably portal, especially with arch coming next year. I thought for sure he would be next in line. Guess not.

If card can’t go, let’s see what a combo of Wright and Malik can do?

14 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

It’d be hilarious if Wright comes in and completely balls out lol

I wouldn’t call it hilarious.  Should be expected if Sark and Milwee are the QB whisperers they purport to be.

I mean he’s not exactly a walk-in that didn’t have any offers and he played in Texas 6A.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Dr.Dre said:

I wouldn’t call it hilarious.  Should be expected if Sark and Milwee are the QB whisperers they purport to be.

I mean he’s not exactly a walk-in that didn’t have any offers and he played in Texas 6A.

Well if he one of those whose game enhances when it’s showtime, Card might fuck around and become 3rd string.

6 hours ago, Fud said:

SP+ update has Texas at #16, at at #7 on offense and #40 on defense

Preseason:  22, 8, 51

Post Week 1: 18, 8, 47

Post Week 2: 16, 7, 40

SP+ heavily weights last years returning performance early in the season. We’d probably see a bigger impact from Bama on defense rank as the season goes on assuming 1) defense doesn’t shit the bed, 2) Bama offense is typical

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to UTSA VS Texas 9/17/22
1 hour ago, T-shirt Sip said:

This is going to be a run heavy, TOP game. I expect at least 50 carries split amongst the RBs and WRs. Regardless of who the QB is we will win 45-13. 

Yeah, I like increasing the number of running plays against utsa.  Time to let our RBs eat and have our young OL work on run blocking... 

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Huge three game stretch (at least) coming up without our QB. Time for the running game and the defense to carry us. 

More or less here. Absolutely huge four-game stretch, the OU being the obvious culmination. Texas has to show there's no emotional hangover from Bama, that the defense can replicate its effort from the Bama game, and that the running game can carry the offense.

The degree to which Texas can do that is going to drive their success, not who's playing QB.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Is Wright really our backup plan at this point?  Why not install a package for Roschon?

It’s been what, 4 years since Roschon was a QB? Expecting him to be able to be a threat passing the ball with any sort of consistency outside of a trick play seems like a reach.

We have to have a real QB back there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Is Wright really our backup plan at this point?  Why not install a package for Roschon?

Can y’all stop with this? It’s so fucking stupid. We aren’t going to install an entire wildcat offense with a shit ton of freshman OL in one week when we have a QB who has been learning the current system for 2 years.

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 6

10 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Can y’all stop with this? It’s so fucking stupid. We aren’t going to install an entire wildcat offense with a shit ton of freshman OL in one week when we have a QB who has been learning the current system for 2 years.

Yeah, well you're fucking stupid.  Where did I say anything about installing an entire wildcat offense?