Texas vs ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

19 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

@ChiTownDoc I was also fairly amused that Venables just took the shutout like that at the end.  Didn't even try to mount anything those last few drives to keep that streak intact.  If you try and fail, so be it....but at least fucking try.  It's not like a pick 6 or something that was really going to make it any worse.  

I enjoyed it a lot obviously, but I'm not sure I've ever seen such a combination of brain dead AND gutless coaching.  

Yeah. I agree. You gotta try to score something just to avoid all of the stats that have been flying since the game ended. Terrible optics to just give up like that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Doc, we will be expecting pics of who helped you drown your sorrows.

Ha, at Mom’s birthday here in Austin all day but next weekend will be back at it and should have some quality posts.  

My lovely wife is off to Peru with her Mom for a couple weeks then I’m off to Miami for Halloween so I’ll have no idea what the fuck OU football is by November.  Thank God

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Careful with that. No one else is really good so far this year.

Riley will never recruit an OL or DL that won't consistently get trucked outside of the PAC.  He'll remain a one-trick wonder.  

I'm also ready for us to play USC again soon.  We may get our wish.

• Like 1

OU is horrible. Good day today, but felt like playing Rice.

OU's talent us much better than what they showed, but coaching is not doing them any favors .

They should have kicked 2 field goals early then at least tried on offense 2nd half.

This is not comparable to early Mac lopsided losses . Those Texas teams were pretty good and ended up in the top 15.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

OU is horrible. Good day today, but felt like playing Rice.

OU's talent us much better than what they showed, but coaching is not doing them any favors .

They should have kicked 2 field goals early then at least tried on offense 2nd half.

This is not comparable to early Mac lopsided losses . Those Texas teams were pretty good and ended up in the top 15.

You must be fun at parties.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, tbone_ said:

I agree with that.

But he knows how to score. Which could catch someone off guard is all I’m saying.

I waited a few years for him to catch someone off guard.  He finally caught LSU off guard when they prepared to play a real team and subsequently obliterated his baby shit soft team that ‘showed up’.  

I’ll admit I’m salty but had several posts here wanting him gone well before the move was announced.  If OU turns into Rutgers, I think my life would be better anyway.  You’re the only people I really discuss college football with.  OU fans and boards are a fucking beating even when they win.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

May have been discussed, but wtf was that short lived sec chant when the players went to the students in the stands?  May not have heard it on tv, but in the stadium we shut that shit down quickly. Never should happen. 

Heard that starting up from my seat on East side and yea glad it was quickly quashed

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

If OU had money they should fire Venables tonight.  That's how god awful a hire he is.  From his tone deaf approach to the week with the media, which Mack was certainly guilty of, but from a football standpoint, that was it?  That was the plan?  "Nah we are not gonna really try to get a backup ready to run the offense, we are going to try to win this bitch against a pretty prolific offense, and fairly stout against the run defense by running a good half our our snaps from the Wildcat....oh and we are going to have 3 different triggermen to do it."  

What a complete shitshow. John Blake can finally RIP as OU has found a worse hire.  Oh and they are poor, so fucking wallow in it bitches.

I disagree. Gotta give him 3 maybe 4 more years minimum. Gotta have a chance to get HIS players, get rid of Riley’s dead weight, rebuild the culture and all that other horseshit.   

For real, looks like OU luck of stumbling ass first into Heisman quality QBs and killer coaches may have come to an end. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

What a special game to attend. Fuck OU

It was. I’m still kind of shocked honestly. 

It’s as if the gods asked someone from Surly what their wet dream of a TX/OU game outcome would be and made it so. Fuck yes! Fuck OU! Hook’em 🤘🏼

D7867DFB-2C32-4A7F-8744-393A8611808C.jpeg

8F7F5EAC-08D9-4D90-84DF-2BA80671E4C6.jpeg

81383958-6A79-480F-9C2B-E6029F847B00.jpeg

A17CAFFB-1C94-46A0-929F-C810CAAC79BD.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4