49-0

ztejas

21 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Are you sure?  I’m pretty sure OU is that bad.  What evidence do you see that they’re even one point better?  It felt worse than 49-0.  

Yeah, I'm sure.  It's easy to get too up or too down in reaction to a big win or hard loss.  That is my mantra to keep centered and not let tough circumstances beat me twice, or get the big head when things go right.

Of course, none of that is meant to apply to OU.  They just suck.

Edited by Scheiss Meister
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hozz said:

2 losses sucks but anyone paying attention should have us ranked tomorrow.  1 point home loss to the #1 team, playing with the backup QB for 3 quarters.  Conference road loss with the backup QB in OT.  An injury away from 6-0 IMO.

Agreed. Related, we didn’t lose the Bama game. It was taken from us. Very Aggy but true. 

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

We are the best team in the Big 12 with Ewers.  We are middle of the pack with Card.  Superstar QBs are kind of a big deal.  In a vacuum, just Ewers vs. Card alone is the difference between a playoff contender and 7-5 with our roster.

OU obviously is absolutely awful, though.  Today’s version without Gabriel would go winless in the Big 12 like some of those helpless Kansas teams of the last decade, and they would still be in the bottom half of the conference even when Gabriel does play.  Venables won’t last long there.  Granted, Riley leaving him with a shit defense while absconding with all of their best players and recruits put him in a big hole.  But holy shit.  He’s going to have a John Blake type tenure at this rate.

I think it’s really hard to overstate how bad Riley fucked them. And I love it. OU must be patient with Venables. The dude can coach defense. 

55 minutes ago, The_highest_of_fives said:

Just got home from the game, today was the best of days.  The OU crowd was just deflated from start to finish.  The Texas crowd brought it today.  Also, Fletchers at 9am does not suck.  Time for some bourbon.    HOOK’EM.   

5DA13770-0CE1-49DF-A918-2468E3AE4663.jpeg

Careful, you might signal Rick Perry.

Perry.Rick_.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

This thread fucks

Can the mods merge this thread with “show me a third win?”

Clearly OU sucks more so than usual but that was an ass beating of biblical proportion.  They are owed many more for the last 15 years or so.  Loved seeing our guys dancing, having fun and their guys looking defeated and helpless. 

man when you’ve got a Qb with a cool head and can make any throw you ask of him effortlessly, offensive play calling looks genius. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, The_highest_of_fives said:

Just got home from the game, today was the best of days.  The OU crowd was just deflated from start to finish.  The Texas crowd brought it today.  Also, Fletchers at 9am does not suck.  Time for some bourbon.    HOOK’EM.   

5DA13770-0CE1-49DF-A918-2468E3AE4663.jpeg

Is this a preview to the afterparty? 

• Haha 2

It’s only 1 game a year but them having scoreboard for a year after we lose fucking bugs the shit out of me. 

with a Qb who reliably makes throws you’re supposed to make and frequently making throws a lot of people can’t and with #5 and #2 toting the rock, anything is possible 

hook ‘em 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

It would be if they didn’t suck. Kicking your rival when they’re down is fun, but it’s still kicking them when they’re down.  
Its not like some of Mack’s early loses to them when some pretty solid Texas teams got whipped.  This isn’t like that.  We just beat up a kid that rides the short bus.  That’s all.  
If they turn their season around then maybe looking back, this might grow into a pretty significant blowout to be remembered.  It just doesn’t have that much weight to it yet because of the current state of their program.

The fact that this IS the current state of their program, AND we destroyed them and could have beaten them 70-0 is exactly why it has weight to it. OU doesn’t fuck around and I expect them to not have the downslide we had, but today was extremely meaningful. 

3 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Are you sure?  I’m pretty sure OU is that bad.  What evidence do you see that they’re even one point better?  It felt worse than 49-0.  

3 hours ago, Texasborn91 said:

There have been games in the series we had no business winning but we did. Took care of business and stomped a mud hole like we have never done before. Fuck OU

2 hours ago, Horn80 said:

Been watching Texas-OU games since early 70s and attended 5 games in Dallas.  Never seen Texas put such ass kicking on OU as today.  It was glorious to watch.

It was strangely a boring game. Completely enjoyable and no complaints, but it was over at 14-0.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I was shocked at how nervous I was at 28-0. The PTSD is real.

100%. I really wanted to get over 60 today. We definitely did not live up to all gas, no brakes, but 49 did the job. I was there for 63-14 and 65-13. Wanted to repay them. The shut out was glorious though. 

• Hook 'Em 5

It was strangely a boring game. Completely enjoyable and no complaints, but it was over at 14-0.

It really did feel that way. Didn’t really want to say anything to tempt fate. 35-0 is when we really said fuck it, there’s no chance they’re blowing this.
  • Hook 'Em 2