Texas vs iowa state - 11am on ABC

Pancho

1 minute ago, Bevoette said:

We're lucky enough to get out with that win! Jeepers! And Griffin finally shut up about the NON targeting.   I'm yelling at the TV "it was his fucking shoulder asshole"

Griffin came out way too strong at first about being targeting.  Not cool.

• Hook 'Em 3

Christ this OL got worked down to the last play. I’m happy to see RoJo ice the game. He deserved that even if he shouldn’t have had to work nearly that hard.

Texas got very, very lucky today; you’ll always take the W though. I expected an off game from Ewers to cost this team a game or two and they just stole one of those.

Have at it calling me a pussy, but we’d seen that movie before and we all know what was going to go down if Texas doesn’t get incredibly lucky. I’d call the record representative at this point. Should have won in Lubbock but the staff failed the players. Should have lost here but ISU was just that much worse. Call it even and move on.

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

Cambell is going to be so nuts in the post presser...hope it doesn't' become a huge story.  The Call was correct.  Both the fumble and the Non Call.

Now Drew, who was in a better position to make that call than the coach On the other side of field with a view obstructed by players. Why shouldn't the big 12 allow coaches to cross the field to the other sideline in order to lobby for a call ?

As long as Texas doesn't do it. Then, it is not cool.

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, SquishMitten said:

Didn’t play well, but that’s a culture changing type game. Coming off of an enormous victory, starting slow, fighting back, falling behind again, and closing it out with the win. That kind of shit matters to the mentality of a team over the long haul

• Made a lot of mistakes. 
  • Lost Ryan Watts during game
  • JT Sanders got banged up
  • Found a way to WIN !!!  🤘
  • Like 1

Just now, Fastbreak said:

Ewers played poorly and was still 17/26 with 3 TDs

Cain had a shit day...

Recievers did OK, but once again no PI calls on several obvious calls

Interior OL struggled with consistency

The DL was inconsistent and struggled to get pressure, but shockingly no holding calls against ISU

LBs were OK but struggled when the QB ran

DB were garbage, but they did go against most likely the best WR they will see on the rest of the schedule.

The biggest difference is that for some reason this game Campbell changed how he called the game for his QB and went more simple and let him do more gun-slinging...

Still, we should have won by 17+, but ill take it

4 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

I really don’t know what targeting is - and neither does anyone else.

One game it’s helmet to helmet contact.

One game it’s any contact when leading with helmet.

Some games it’s crown of helmet.

Others it’s launching with helmet contact.

and sometimes it’s hitting a defenseless player.

That play was not helmet to helmet - it was helmet to shoulder - but it was leading with the helmet.

Try again bitch

3 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

I really don’t know what targeting is - and neither does anyone else.

One game it’s helmet to helmet contact.

One game it’s any contact when leading with helmet.

Some games it’s crown of helmet.

Others it’s launching with helmet contact.

and sometimes it’s hitting a defenseless player.

That play was not helmet to helmet - it was helmet to shoulder - but it was leading with the helmet.

It's almost as if the runner gets hit too hard and is shaken up it's considered targeting. Cook got him with the shoulder, it was clear on the side replay. 

2 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

The fumble looked simultaneous to his knee touching.  The graphic said "down by contact" so they must have overturned that, which is somewhat surprising.

There was no targeting.  I won't entertain any discussion of that.

If you want to talk about ISU getting screwed by the refs, take a look at the quick whistle in Ames when Mack was coaching.

But let's face it, the OSU visit to Austin in 2015 was probably the most crooked example of officiating ever.  Things have gotten better since Pickens died.

What were you saying again?

The graphic was wrong. They called a fumble.

1 minute ago, OU Sucks said:

You should have just stopped there.  It was a shoulder to shoulder hit.  Just leading with the head doesn't mean shit.  It has to be leading with forcible contact to the head or neck.

I’ll stand by by statement that it changes game-to-game and crew-to-crew.

I never said it was or wasn’t targeting, just that it was helmet to shoulder.

Didn’t play well, but that’s a culture changing type game. Coming off of an enormous victory, starting slow, fighting back, falling behind again, and closing it out with the win. That kind of shit matters to the mentality of a team over the long haul

I don’t know about that. It was the exact same shit, ISU just decided to call a QB run with their non running QB and paid for it by half an inch. I’ll take it, but let’s not get carried away.

2 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

You should have just stopped there.  It was a shoulder to shoulder hit.  Just leading with the head doesn't mean shit.  It has to be leading with forcible contact to the head or neck.

That one fucking announcer wouldn't quit harping on his targeting bullshit. Stupid bastard. At least he admitted in the end it was legal.

Big win. Team played like shit. Teams need to learn how to win games like this especially with the remaining schedule. The td drive was huge, ran it down their throats.. 4th down td execution. 3rd down turnover, and running the clock out. A lot for this team to work on but I think games like this can teach a lot. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Call said:

Glad to have the win, but pissed off at the shitty level of play. 

The OL is just not that good yet, particularly at run blocking and particularly on the interior. Ewers was in a funk and the secondary has been weak sauce against everyone not OU. OU has the worst run D and obviously had no QB, so the D wasn't particularly taxed in the secondary. Although there were some inspired plays by our DBs in the RRS. So I knew we'd struggle today, but Ewers really stunk up the field for most of the first half. If he was on point today, we would have sustained drives, scored and the D would have rested.

The one thing I credit the team with is, they didn't quit. As bad as the D plays, they come up with a stop or turnover every once in a while because they are playing with more consistent effort this season.

• Hook 'Em 3

It was not targeting because he was a runner and it was to his shoulder. It was a fumble. RGIII is a moron. Our intermediate coverage and 3rd down defense has to improve or we’re not a top 20 team. Our mental mistakes were completely stupid today. We won. Where’s the Tylenol? I’m fucking drained.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Only gave up 21 pts

Fucking Ewers was trash most of the day. If he actually plays halfway decently this is a 20 pt win

This is the typical post that misses all context. ISU is a putrid offense and an excellent defense. ISU hasn’t scored more than 14 pts vs P5. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

The graphic was wrong. Call on the field was a fumble 

It’s amazing how fucking bad that production is. Mike Davis said basically everything incorrectly, biggest play of the game you have one announcer chirping targeting incorrectly while the screen shows the incorrect call on the field 

Freshman level production for a major sporting event on a major network that they paid a ton of money to air 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:
  • Made a lot of mistakes. 
  • Lost Ryan Watts during game
  • JT Sanders got banged up
  • Found a way to win!!

Hope he's ok

This sucks and hope he's ready to go for Okie Lite, cause we're gonna need him big time. Ewers seems to show up for big games 

This is the best win second only to fucking up ousux

Don't want to be a bummer after a big win, but that defense needs to find a way to get teams off the field.

Taking away the OU game (which was the result of the Sooners not having their starting QB available), the Texas defense's combined performance on third and fourth  downs absolutely sucks.

ISU: 10 of 15 

OU: 5 of 15

WVU: 12 of 18

Tech: 13 of 20

UTSA: 9 of 16

Bama: 6 of 15

ULM: 6 of 16

Total: 61 of 115, or 53 percent. That is AWFUL.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2