The Republican Civil War - it will be because we destroyed ourselves

tx 3 putt

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Taking over the DNC contributed heavily to Dem losses in 2010/2014 midterms as Obama’s campaign cannibalized most of the DNC resources and really screwed downballot Dems. Trump is doing the same thing 

Maybe Trump wants to lose his party more Senate, House, and state leg seats than Obama?  He's probably getting close when you give him credit for 2022.  Why not double down?

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2

Serous business

https://www.texastribune.org/2024/03/12/texas-randy-weber-house-freedom-caucus/

WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Rep. Randy Weber, R-Friendswood, was kicked out of the hard-right House Freedom Caucus last week.

During a one-on-one chat that Caucus Chair Bob Good requested with Weber to address his sparse attendance to weekly meetings members are expected to attend, first reported by Politico, Weber said Good asked him if he had lost interest in the caucus. The Texas Republican said it wasn’t so much a lack of interest as a dislike for the “burn the house down” procedural tactics the rightmost flank has come to be known for. In response, Weber said Good told him he’d need to reapply for admission back into the caucus.

“It was a shock because I've disagreed with some of the Freedom Caucus chairs … but I've never had them tell me you need to get out of the Freedom Caucus,” Weber told The Texas Tribune.

Good did not respond to a request for comment Tuesday afternoon. The House Freedom Caucus declined to comment on membership and internal processes.

Weber said he still hasn’t decided whether he’ll reapply to the caucus.

“I’m going to wait, give it some time and see,” he said.

Weber was a Freedom Caucus member for nearly a decade. He said he has seen the group shift from being party rabble-rousers to playing a major hand in holding up budget fights and forcing an unprecedented Speaker election last year. The rightmost flank holds more weight now given House Republicans' razor-thin majority, dangling the threat of a motion to vacate or a government shutdown if leadership doesn’t concede to their hardline demands.

Weber said Good had been checking in with caucus members who had missed previous weekly meetings, but Weber is the only known member to have been removed altogether.

Weber said he had “no interaction with Bob Good” beyond the Freedom Caucus’ weekly meetings until he was called into his office last Tuesday.

Weber said he believes Good “had an agenda” and removed him from the caucus unilaterally. He said the clash over that strategy with Good and perhaps some bad blood left from the presidential Republican primary — Weber is a staunch supporter of President Donald Trump and Good initially supported Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis — led the caucus chair to single him out.

The last email invite Weber received for a caucus meeting was Dec. 4 — about a week before Good was tapped to succeed Rep. Scott Perry as caucus chair.

Weber added he’s had conversations with Board of the Caucus members who said they were surprised by Good’s move.

“I know that there's bylaws about missing so many meetings, but there's a lot of people who've missed a lot of meetings and why it would be me singled out I don't know,” Weber said.

Weber said he missed the meetings to have dinner with his wife, who has started frequenting Washington, D.C., more. But he added his lack of attendance was also spurred by his disillusionment with the caucus’ tactics, like the motion to vacate that ousted former Speaker Kevin McCarthy with just one vote — a move Weber did not support because he said there was no strategy beyond “throwing a monkey wrench into the gears.”

Several Texas Republicans hold membership in the caucus, including Reps. Chip Roy of Austin, Keith Self of McKinney, Troy Nehls of Richmond and Michael Cloud of Victoria. Roy serves as the Freedom Caucus’ policy chair and declined to comment on Weber’s removal. A 2014 article in The Hill about Weber quoted him saying he didn’t see himself staying in Congress for more than a decade, but the recent dysfunction among Republicans has incentivized him to stay longer.

“If anything, it redoubles my resolve to stay here and try to make this place work because it is broken beyond belief,” he said.

The only other House Republican known to be kicked out of the caucus was Rep. Majorie Taylor Greene of Georgia. She was booted over comments she made about Freedom Caucus colleagues.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

10 hours ago, Js1 said:

Wouldn’t go that far but the people screaming that the House GOP and state legislatures in swing states will somehow muck it up enough to make Trump winner are just freaking out about things that can’t and won’t happen 

Animated GIF

• Drool 1

Serous business
https://www.texastribune.org/2024/03/12/texas-randy-weber-house-freedom-caucus/
WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Rep. Randy Weber, R-Friendswood, was kicked out of the hard-right House Freedom Caucus last week.
During a one-on-one chat that Caucus Chair Bob Good requested with Weber to address his sparse attendance to weekly meetings members are expected to attend, first reported by Politico, Weber said Good asked him if he had lost interest in the caucus. The Texas Republican said it wasn’t so much a lack of interest as a dislike for the “burn the house down” procedural tactics the rightmost flank has come to be known for. In response, Weber said Good told him he’d need to reapply for admission back into the caucus.
“It was a shock because I've disagreed with some of the Freedom Caucus chairs … but I've never had them tell me you need to get out of the Freedom Caucus,” Weber told The Texas Tribune.
Good did not respond to a request for comment Tuesday afternoon. The House Freedom Caucus declined to comment on membership and internal processes.
Weber said he still hasn’t decided whether he’ll reapply to the caucus.
“I’m going to wait, give it some time and see,” he said.
Weber was a Freedom Caucus member for nearly a decade. He said he has seen the group shift from being party rabble-rousers to playing a major hand in holding up budget fights and forcing an unprecedented Speaker election last year. The rightmost flank holds more weight now given House Republicans' razor-thin majority, dangling the threat of a motion to vacate or a government shutdown if leadership doesn’t concede to their hardline demands.
Weber said Good had been checking in with caucus members who had missed previous weekly meetings, but Weber is the only known member to have been removed altogether.
Weber said he had “no interaction with Bob Good” beyond the Freedom Caucus’ weekly meetings until he was called into his office last Tuesday.
Weber said he believes Good “had an agenda” and removed him from the caucus unilaterally. He said the clash over that strategy with Good and perhaps some bad blood left from the presidential Republican primary — Weber is a staunch supporter of President Donald Trump and Good initially supported Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis — led the caucus chair to single him out.
The last email invite Weber received for a caucus meeting was Dec. 4 — about a week before Good was tapped to succeed Rep. Scott Perry as caucus chair.
Weber added he’s had conversations with Board of the Caucus members who said they were surprised by Good’s move.
“I know that there's bylaws about missing so many meetings, but there's a lot of people who've missed a lot of meetings and why it would be me singled out I don't know,” Weber said.
Weber said he missed the meetings to have dinner with his wife, who has started frequenting Washington, D.C., more. But he added his lack of attendance was also spurred by his disillusionment with the caucus’ tactics, like the motion to vacate that ousted former Speaker Kevin McCarthy with just one vote — a move Weber did not support because he said there was no strategy beyond “throwing a monkey wrench into the gears.”
Several Texas Republicans hold membership in the caucus, including Reps. Chip Roy of Austin, Keith Self of McKinney, Troy Nehls of Richmond and Michael Cloud of Victoria. Roy serves as the Freedom Caucus’ policy chair and declined to comment on Weber’s removal. A 2014 article in The Hill about Weber quoted him saying he didn’t see himself staying in Congress for more than a decade, but the recent dysfunction among Republicans has incentivized him to stay longer.
“If anything, it redoubles my resolve to stay here and try to make this place work because it is broken beyond belief,” he said.
The only other House Republican known to be kicked out of the caucus was Rep. Majorie Taylor Greene of Georgia. She was booted over comments she made about Freedom Caucus colleagues.

Leopards. Your face. They’ll eat it. Always.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

On 3/13/2024 at 9:55 AM, atomheartbevo said:

There are bogus electors from 2020 ending up with felony charges/prison time as we speak so a lot of people who might think about that are going to cool their jets.  

Also really digging the RNC merging into the Trump campaign.  Even when he loses, he will still control the RNC and it’s coffers until the day he dies. He will never allow such a profitable venture to leave his grasp.  He’s really going to screw over down ballot candidates. 

Has this actually happened?

7 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Has this actually happened?

I haven’t been paying attention to the trials, but I know at least in three states that prosecutors had filed felony charges, and Michigan alone had 15 fake electors hit with 8 felonies apiece (the 16th cooperated and had charges dropped) and I believe all of those charges had minimum prison time, so the ones who didn’t rat each other out will be doing time.  

It’s a pretty good deterrent to people who might have something to lose, like real estate licenses. 

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

5 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Wait a minute ... the house Freedom Caucus isn't about actual ... freedom? 

The Freedom Caucus is about freedom the same way that local D&D hobbyist group "The Mighty Mighty Poonhounds" is about getting laid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The Freedom Caucus is about freedom the same way that local D&D hobbyist group "The Mighty Mighty Poonhounds" is about getting laid.

Hey man, I rolled a "6" and a "9" and you fucking saw it.  My girlfriend from Canada totally saw it.  Let's finish the game so I can go telephone her with my calling card for party chatline phone sex.  Okay!?!?!?!?

He's running 3rd in the primary. Dolan and Larose are the aholes most likely to win. Both are running on securing the southern border, because Ohio is at risk. Typical GOP bs. Sherrod is well liked and pretty strong here. Plus his wife is a journalist that is also well respected. Huge upset if he loses. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, TDunk said:

He's running 3rd in the primary. Dolan and Larose are the aholes most likely to win. Both are running on securing the southern border, because Ohio is at risk. Typical GOP bs. Sherrod is well liked and pretty strong here. Plus his wife is a journalist that is also well respected. Huge upset if he loses. 

I’m told that Brown has a lot more money than anyone else. He’s a good guy. The Republicans are all assholes. I can tell Dolan sucks but I’ve witnessed firsthand more suckitude from LaRose and Moreno. LaRose particularly, but he’s more of a MAGA convert. But then he’s also been in a position of power and has done real, significant damage. Moreno is just a genuine sleazebag.

Any way you slice it, a loss for Brown will be a significant loss for Ohio. Hopefully he can hold on. Right now the political ads are about the things Brown has done for Ohio workers on one side, and on the other side they’re all about who can be the most Trumpy and protect Ohio from the situation at the border. (Dolan’s seem to be the most prevalent from what I’ve seen, which is probably anecdotal at best.)

• Hook 'Em 3

12 hours ago, TDunk said:

Didn't Moreno get the Trump endorsement? 

16 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Shocked !!!!

WHATeverrrr... He's still not gay. My bro-in-law used to manage a gay bar and he said most of those guys weren't gay either. Just ask them. Come by any night and ask them. But not on Lesbian Night. Too many fights.

8 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

WHATeverrrr... He's still not gay. My bro-in-law used to manage a gay bar and he said most of those guys weren't gay either. Just ask them. Come by any night and ask them. But not on Lesbian Night. Too many fights.

The Frank and the glory hole logic.

Great Job Reaction GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Drool 1

Leopards. Your face. They’ll eat it. Always.

At a recent charity fundraiser banquet, my wife and I were seated at Weber’s table. The only reason I didn't pick a fight with him was because I was there at the invitation of my FIL and his friend Joe Penland, who for all his quixotic (www.joefromtexas.com) eccentricities, very quietly gives MANY millions to worthy charities and is generally an exceedingly polite, well-meaning old coot.

We just gave him our best surly stare, ate our desiccated catered banquet chicken breast, and left the moment the MC put down the microphone and before the awkward white people dancing. I can't recall a more uncomfortable social encounter.

May the leopard feast well on that dipshit.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

On 3/12/2024 at 6:14 PM, F250 said:

Everyone in America over 45 years old has been conditioned to see Russia as the enemy. The Republicans were always the "Nuke Moscow" types and watched Red Dawn on repeat for the last 40 years. Plus they always need an enemy. It was surprising to see people drop a life long hatered because Trump and Putin were in love. Granted, the Democratic party and minority groups are the new enemy, still to see peoples brains switch so quickly was weird.

This.  Every time I’ve read a book about WWII, regardless of how evil I know Nazi Germany to have been, when it comes to the chapter about Barbarossa…even though it arguably lead to the downfall of Hitler, I can’t help but get all conflicted Larry David

image.gif.0afa3757ba19acd57b043651eaa95f23.gif

• Like 4

On 3/16/2024 at 8:31 PM, tx 3 putt said:

how do all these devoted evangelicals feel about a very openly gay man being a high profile trump hire ?

Try explaining Daniel 12:14 to an evangelical:

Jesus asked Daniel one day, do you listen to REO Speedwagon? Daniel, confused, asked The Lord in return, what kind of man doesn’t listen to REO Speedwagon?

3 hours ago, Homercles said:

This.  Every time I’ve read a book about WWII, regardless of how evil I know Nazi Germany to have been, when it comes to the chapter about Barbarossa…even though it arguably lead to the downfall of Hitler, I can’t help but get all conflicted Larry David

image.gif.0afa3757ba19acd57b043651eaa95f23.gif

I've always wondered how thing would have turned out for the Germans if they had acted like liberators in Ukraine, Belarus, etc and co-opted more of the populace to their side.   Sure, Hitler disliked Slavs a whole hell of a lot but a not insignificant number of those in western Russia who weren't enthic Russians would have probably willingly gone along like some of their neighbors did.

Edited by Macanudo
  • Hook 'Em 4