Not The Onion: "Trans-abled" woman who can walk chooses to live life in a wheelchair

shadow_operative

28 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Why are we spotlighting idiots? The more notoriety that we bring to idiots, the more idiots come out of the woodwork.

Because it is a rare mental condition? In a way, the mind is the final unexplored frontier for medical research and with a population of just over 8 billion worldwide, maybe scientists can figure out how to help aggregate groups of humans who fall into the range of behaviors that struggle with the disconcordance of brain and body.

I get the comments and it's Surly, but the brain is a fascinating piece of work.

56 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Why are we spotlighting idiots? The more notoriety that we bring to idiots, the more idiots come out of the woodwork.

To shit on trans people by analogy. There's also dudes who wear diapers, sleep in cribs, and pay women to nurse and change them. Weirdos everywhere. The title of the video(as opposed to the thread title) implies some sort of weird mental disorder. Who knows, doesn't really matter, but it'll be amplified for CR reasons. Remember when South Park had Kyle's dad "identify" as a dolphin and get surgery? Yeah, same thing. 

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 5

4 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Because it is a rare mental condition? In a way, the mind is the final unexplored frontier for medical research and with a population of just over 8 billion worldwide, maybe scientists can figure out how to help aggregate groups of humans who fall into the range of behaviors that struggle with the disconcordance of brain and body.

I get the comments and it's Surly, but the brain is a fascinating piece of work.

i looked into this medical condition some more after coming across this lady, and yeah- it's pretty messed up for the people out there who really have it to a serious degree. i saw a lady who actually poured drain cleaner in her eyes to blind herself. you could tell that she was actually a sick person whose brain chemistry was out to get her. sucks for her and people like her that the lady in the OP, who comes across as a total joke, is one of the more spotlighted individuals with this disease. 

Edited by shadow_operative

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i looked into this medical co sitios some more after coming across this lady, and yeah- it's pretty messed up for the people out there who really have it to a serious degree. i saw a lady who actually poured drain cleaner in her eyes to blind herself. you could tell that she was actually a sick person whose brain chemistry was out to get her. sucks for her and people like her that the lady in the OP, who comes across as a total joke, is one of the more spotlighted individuals with this disease. 

I certainly understand why folks are quick with the witty responses, but I also see some of the pathos behind the human beings. I mean, around the 14th century just after the bubonic plague there were only around 350-375 million people on the planet. None of the exposure or technology or advancements to show what brain chemistry gone awry can be like. Well, maybe other than certain royal families that had issues or STD related mental deterioration that have been highlighted to a great extent because of their power or infamy.

I didn't watch the entire video but the woman above is Cambridge educated and that isn't an easily gotten spot. To know that there is something off, that the brain is telling you one thing and repeatedly doing so while another part of the brain also knows that isn't what is observed is a special kind of torture. Society will say, "just stop it," but it is not as simple as it sounds any more than someone with tinnitus can just "ignore" the ringing in their ears. Hence, my comments about the parts of the brain that we've yet to plumb. It all acts in sync and yet we are not all playing the same tune.

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I certainly understand why folks are quick with the witty responses, but I also see some of the pathos behind the human beings. I mean, around the 14th century just after the bubonic plague there were only around 350-375 million people on the planet.

So you are saying, too much inbreeding - agreed.

On 12/9/2022 at 4:16 PM, 66BUFF said:

This is our best model, the Cougar 9000. It's the Rolls-Royce of wheelchairs. This is like... you're almost glad to be handicapped!

Do you have anything a little more...less expensive?

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

So I've been thinking about this whole get paid to act like a dog.    I'm assuming it's a cash business.   No W2s or 1099s.   Straight cash, homey.  

I mean for 20K a month, it sounds worth.  

maybe until you get to the whole licking buttholes thing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Macanudo said:

So I've been thinking about this whole get paid to act like a dog.    I'm assuming it's a cash business.   No W2s or 1099s.   Straight cash, homey.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/woman-quits-job-earn-six-22358415.amp

Make me beg for a treat those pupperinos are delicious.  

15 hours ago, Macanudo said:

My BIL would be a natural since he already acts like a little bitch.