Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

1 hour ago, deech said:

Go fuck yourself.  I have not see any evidence debunking that tweet on this thread.  How am I supposed to know not to bring it up if I don't know it was debunked.  Thanks for the evidence.  Asshole.

Basically, multiple tweets were made by different accounts with the exact same text. No one was fired, because there was no nurse; they were fake/troll tweets. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

Basically, multiple tweets were made by different accounts with the exact same text. No one was fired, because there was no nurse; they were fake/troll tweets. 

Thanks for actually providing the answer.  I saw that the first tweet and saw that the entire profile got deleted.  I never saw the other accounts with the same text indicating it was a troll and not a real person.  

5 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

If you ever get charged with a crime despite the facts being on your side, I sincerely hope you get a jury trial because that jury will be full of people like you and convict your ass in 5 minutes.

This isn't about the legal system. Beard will likely not be convicted of anything and most likely shouldn't be convicted of anything. 

This isn't about what actually happened. She admits she started it by breaking his glasses and I think Beard most likely was just trying to keep himself from being attacked. 

This isn't about a pattern of being an abuser. We've seen no evidence of that.

People keep discussing these 3 things over and over again. They don't matter. 

What matters is optics. How our program and athletics department as a whole is perceived. If Beard is retained this could, and would, be used against us in other sports in recruiting. This is why the clause was put in his contract that he can be terminated with cause for any conduct unbecoming his position, including just a felony arrest (regardless of a conviction).

If Beard comes back this year or next, and this doesn't come back at us in a negative way in any form, then my concerns will have been unnecessary and I will be proven wrong. So be it, but I hope we don't take that risk. 

• Fuck You 3

6 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

while it's true that female abuse victims often recant their stories the next day, we've got a lot of info on this case, and i'm not sure how anyone here can come away with the idea that chris beard is an abuser based on what we know. an abuser gets mad or drunk and smacks his woman around. he terrorizes and terrifies her. she lives in fear of him. that's not the case here. this is a run-of-the-mill case of two crazy people who shouldn't be together having a fight that went further than either of them wanted it to go, and it genuinely seems like neither of them wanted things to go this far re: law enforcement, arrests, legal action, etc.

beard was not running around the house terrorizing her. by all accounts he had pretty much been completely ignoring her for a day or more, and acting like she didn't exist even though they were still living together. things had been contentious for a good week, and when he chose to give her the silent treatment she came after him and started the physical altercation. does that sound like a man abusing a woman to you? no. because it isn't.

we don't know every single thing that happened that night, and we probably never will. but what we can say for a virtual certainty is that chris beard is not some serial abuser who terrorizes women. did he fuck up? yes he did. he's been fucking up every single day that he's still with this crazy broad, but based on everything we know he is absolutely not "her abuser". i guarantee you that 1/3 of the posters in this thread (if not twice that many) have been in this exact same type of physical spat with a SO, if not worse, and i doubt any of you sees yourself as an abusive partner.

bottom line- does Beard need to get his shit together? does this need to be a "come to jesus" moment for him? yep. but i think it's safe to say that this was probably nothing more than two crazy people who shouldn't be living together getting a little physical and then regretting it, and NOT a case of chris beard just getting violent on a woman because he lost his temper or had a bad. that's huge, vitally important distinction. there's no coming back from being an abuser. but a guy who's dating a crazy chick and things go a little too far one night? that guy deserves a chance to change and grow, not to have his entire world ripped out from underneath him. 

Have you read his ex-wife divorce petition? Get a copy, read it, and report back.  

Not worth it. He's a good coach but he's not Coach K. He's been charged with a felony and has embarrassed the University, both grounds to fire for cause in his contract. Spare me the 'but it will be litigated,' no shit. It is absolutely not worth the optics to have this + Morris following the team around, and it is beneath UT to play games with stuff like this. If he's this volatile and stays with her, there's also no guarantee that something like this doesn't happen again. Criminal innocence or guilt is irrelevant to firing him. Just settle his buyout and start the coaching search. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, JFKFC said:

What matters is optics. How our program and athletics department as a whole is perceived. If Beard is retained this could, and would, be used against us in other sports in recruiting. This is why the clause was put in his contract that he can be terminated with cause for any conduct unbecoming his position, including just a felony arrest (regardless of a conviction).

Texas is a program that has garnered hate and jealousy from opposition well before this incident occurred (across multiple sports). Beard has the BBall team in top 10, recruiting like a stud in year 2, and indications of Texas becoming problem for years to come. I agree that optics are a factor in that Texas must choose the integrity of the brand over all else………. But the optics/opinions only really matter from those whom we attribute value to. 

Letting outside opinion supersede the opinions of those within the University as to what action is to be taken…….. well……. I’ll pass. I trust our admin will make the decision that best suits Texas’ overall interest. The pros and cons will be discussed upon all relevant info being laid out before them. If we keep him and the worst thing to have to defend is other schools neg recruiting us, then that’s a victory IMO. 

At the end of the day, I believe he’s only retained in a scenario where his oppositions only argument is “well he still shouldn’t have fought back against her, even if she was attacking him”. If that’s the case, the neg recruiting counter is rather easy. 

No fucking 18 year old kid gives two shits about optics of the program, arrests have really killed the sec blue bloods from recruiting. You think in 2025 some kid will care? No one will care by February. I hope what this does is drive off hand wringing, yelling at their computers Texas fans that can just no longer support the Texas program because beard is back. I’ll support you fully out the door and hope you never post here or attend another game. You are so Courageous and brave. Godspeed to you.

• Hook 'Em 5

6 hours ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Obviously if there is physical evidence, that will be important, but I do not think her statements in the police report are admissible as evidence

Yeah, why would a legal system allow statements made directly to the police by an alleged victim in the aftermath of an incident as evidence?  That’s crazy talk.  Makes about as much sense as starting up a new domestic car company at great expense only to produce models that replicate the excitement level of a Nissan Sentra, even fully loaded.  I mean, who would do that?

2 hours ago, JFKFC said:

If Beard is retained this could, and would, be used against us in other sports in recruiting.

“Hey there 2025 football prospect, I know you are considering the University of Texas, but did you hear about their men’s basketball coach? His presence might really alter your experience as a football athlete. Especially since he doesn’t coach you, isn’t in the same building and you would never interact with him. Just something to consider…..”

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, JFKFC said:

What matters is optics. How our program and athletics department as a whole is perceived.

This is a multi, multi million dollar decision that the university is unlikely to make just based on optics. Firing Beard could have severe long-term consequences because finding a great coach with the type of impact Beard has had is not easy. I don't think recruiting will be affected as long as we continue to win and have good NIL programs. There will be some distractions in the short-term but people will move on.

The morality clause is put in the contract just to give the university an out in case they wanted to fire a bad coach if he/she ever slipped up in their personal lives. When it comes to a great coach, you better believe the university is willing to look the other way.

I think what likely will happen is that Beard will get a few games suspension, including the time served. He might also receive a warning that any further slip up will result in termination without pay. He might also be required to attend seminars and what not. I don't see the university firing him now.

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

No fucking 18 year old kid gives two shits about optics of the program, arrests have really killed the sec blue bloods from recruiting. You think in 2025 some kid will care? No one will care by February. I hope what this does is drive off hand wringing, yelling at their computers Texas fans that can just no longer support the Texas program because beard is back. I’ll support you fully out the door and hope you never post here or attend another game. You are so Courageous and brave. Godspeed to you.

Yeah but people on a message board say this kind of stuff greatly diminishes the value of their degree. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

11 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

IMO the how or why don’t matter. Don’t lay hands on a woman. Take yourself out of the situation and leave. 

"There’s no excuse for domestic violence." It sounds like a challenge. I mean, does everything have to be so black-and-white in this kindergarten country of ours? What if you come home from a long day at work and your wife has drowned two of your kids - she’s about to dunk the third one. Can you run over and pop her then? "Unfortunately no, there’s no excuse. You’re going to have to let her drown that third one." - Daniel Tosh

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

People seriously think bringing Beard back will hurt recruiting in other sports programs at UT? Are you kidding? Get ahold of yourself.  Jesus Christ. It’s like you’re not even trying to think rationally and critically.

And this idea that “you never put your hands on a woman” is interesting to me. So you’d be okay with everything if it was a man? The University isn’t going to fire someone because of the machismo premise of “never put your hands on a woman” so stop with that shit.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Doctor of Neighborhood said:

Yeah, why would a legal system allow statements made directly to the police by an alleged victim in the aftermath of an incident as evidence?  That’s crazy talk.  Makes about as much sense as starting up a new domestic car company at great expense only to produce models that replicate the excitement level of a Nissan Sentra, even fully loaded.  I mean, who would do that?

Maybe if they had her statements, but they do not. They just have what the police officer says she said, which is classic hearsay. I do not know if Texas has an exception for this, but I know DC does not. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, The Deuce said:

Texas is a program that has garnered hate and jealousy from opposition well before this incident occurred (across multiple sports). Beard has the BBall team in top 10, recruiting like a stud in year 2, and indications of Texas becoming problem for years to come. I agree that optics are a factor in that Texas must choose the integrity of the brand over all else………. But the optics/opinions only really matter from those whom we attribute value to. 

Letting outside opinion supersede the opinions of those within the University as to what action is to be taken…….. well……. I’ll pass.

It's not just opposing fans. How much do you alienate your own fanbase letting him back on the sidelines, guilty or not? Perception is reality.

Just ask Cecilio Dominguez, a beloved fan favorite and franchise star. That was a 2022 case study on how fast shit can go south, and that happened right here in own own city with a shared fanbase. It got real ugly between club and fans when Austin FC tried to slowly bring him back. He now plays in Mexico i think.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

It's not just opposing fans. How much do you alienate your own fanbase letting him back on the sidelines, guilty or not? Perception is reality.

Just ask Cecilio Dominguez, a beloved fan favorite and franchise star. That was a 2022 case study on how fast shit can go south, and that happened right here in own own city with a shared fanbase. It got real ugly between club and fans when Austin FC tried to slowly bring him back. He now plays in Mexico i think.

Which is why I stated…

But the optics/opinions only really matter from those whom we attribute value to.”

25 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

Here's a good summary of what happened via the Chronicle. I had forgotten that the charge against Cecilio wasn't even physical (based on lack of evidence apparently), but verbal and emotional abuse. It was plenty for Austin FCs own supporter groups to push for cutting ties. Just FYI.

5 hours ago, JFKFC said:

This isn't about the legal system. Beard will likely not be convicted of anything and most likely shouldn't be convicted of anything. 

This isn't about what actually happened. She admits she started it by breaking his glasses and I think Beard most likely was just trying to keep himself from being attacked. 

This isn't about a pattern of being an abuser. We've seen no evidence of that.

People keep discussing these 3 things over and over again. They don't matter. 

If Beard comes back this year or next, and this doesn't come back at us in a negative way in any form, then my concerns will have been unnecessary and I will be proven wrong. So be it, but I hope we don't take that risk. 

A lot of fear in this post. This is exactly how you end up with Shaka Smart. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Replace Cecilio with this past season’s Driussi. Those same fans would be begging to keep him.

before austin fc was a playoff caliber team, cecilio was the co-leading goal scorer and second on the team in assists with 11 total goal contributions. at the time, he WAS driussi on a struggling expansion team that lacked depth at his position. ATXFC is still struggling to fill his spot tbh, it just happened to work out this past season with driussi absolutely catching fire. maybe Terry can be our driussi lol. 

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi