Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

2 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I really do want to see Chris Beard reinstated.

I'm sure a lot of us do, but we don't all have the same reasons. I want to be clear about my motivations.

It's not because Beard has, in a very short time, elevated Texas basketball to the point where even a guy like me who just doesn't really like the sport very much is suddenly interested in it. That's a pretty important side-benefit, but it's not the main reason.

It's not because I doubt his fiancee's initial accusations or anything. Domestic abuse is a really awful issue that destroys lives, and we need to take these things as seriously as possible, while not also ending up in witch hunts (Duke lacrosse, holla).

It's also not because of the salty tears from Tech fans that would follow, although that absolutely would make reinstatement deliciously fun.

All of those things are really important considerations, but they're not why I want Beard reinstated.

I want Beard reinstated because I am a petty, awful person and I really want to see BitterWhiteGuy's meltdown after the fact.

Roflroflroflroflrofl

3 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I really do want to see Chris Beard reinstated.

I'm sure a lot of us do, but we don't all have the same reasons. I want to be clear about my motivations.

It's not because Beard has, in a very short time, elevated Texas basketball to the point where even a guy like me who just doesn't really like the sport very much is suddenly interested in it. That's a pretty important side-benefit, but it's not the main reason.

It's not because I doubt his fiancee's initial accusations or anything. Domestic abuse is a really awful issue that destroys lives, and we need to take these things as seriously as possible, while not also ending up in witch hunts (Duke lacrosse, holla).

It's also not because of the salty tears from Tech fans that would follow, although that absolutely would make reinstatement deliciously fun.

All of those things are really important considerations, but they're not why I want Beard reinstated.

I want Beard reinstated because I am a petty, awful person and I really want to see BitterWhiteGuy's meltdown after the fact.

I was 1/5 thru this post and KNEW where it was going

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JFKFC said:

This isn't about being sanctimonious. It is so common for abused women to falsely recant over and over again that this statement tonight is meaningless in regards to national optics. It will be humiliating to the university if CDC keeps Beard based on this statement. 

If the university decides to keep Beard, it won’t be because of a statement released by her on a Friday night. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

This thread will be fun if he’s retained. Can’t wait for the next time we’re looking for a football head coach and Urbans name comes up. Will be fun to get some receipts. 

Any (reasonable) attempt at equating the two will require knowing a lot more than is known about the Beard situation. Probably more than anyone other than the two of them and their lawyers will ever know. 

7 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

My prediction is still that he is terminated but that the charges are dropped.  The lawyering enables a better financial settlement.  Nice job, Perry!

Nah, UT is going SEC, SEC, SEC. The full extent of which we don’t know (was he just a total scumbag or did she rage on him first so theres some extenuating circumstances) but this is orchestrated to keep him and she’s gonna get some cash. I just hope it’s coming out of his pocket. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

This isn't about being sanctimonious. It is so common for abused women to falsely recant over and over again that this statement tonight is meaningless in regards to national optics. It will be humiliating to the university if CDC keeps Beard based on this statement. 

Keep him on this statement? I suspect they are just getting started.  You don’t need 3 weeks to plan a leak that he asked for a medic and statement recanting her story. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, TexArcher said:

You might be misreading the room a bit.  I like you more than most sooners, but you're still a dirty, cheating shitbag who deserves sports misery for a century.  No offense and happy holidays, methy prick.

Well that’s a complement, sir.  Just a great time of year to get smashed at home and watch surly do what it does best…bitch and moan.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

It’s amazing to me that everyone is guilty until proven innocent.  What in his past has shown that he is a serial abuser?  Didn’t the 4 schools that hired him do a background check?  I don’t think that  was pushed under the mat. No one was there so we don’t know what happened. If he did it, he should be fired for cause.  If he didn’t and it was an angry woman, let it go.  I am old enough to remember what happened to the Duke Lacrosse players.  All were convicted in the court of public opinion until the facts came out and the accuser was proven a liar. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

You should state your opinion twenty of thirty more times just so we know what your view on the subject is. Then go fuck yourself. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi