Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

4 minutes ago, Cajun said:

I'll say what a LOT of others here won't say - Thank God, Crom, Allah, whatever,  this is only Basketball.

At the bottom of the funnel there's just nothing to get too freaked out about b/c it's f'n college basketball.

Had it been football or baseball I'd be sleepless, but it's basketball.  There, I said it.

Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

• Haha 4

On 12/18/2022 at 12:35 PM, wild_turkey said:

I’m definitely on the side that thinks he should and will be fired, unless by some small chance there is video or audio that completely exonerates him. I personally doubt that will be the case, but time will tell.

I think if that level of evidence existed in his favor, there would be some mention of that from his attorney by now, just to try to sway public opinion towards giving him the benefit of a doubt. My memory is a little fuzzy on the early days of the Trevor Bauer fiasco, but I thought there was some of that talk pretty early on.

Despite all of that, I don’t think The University has to be in a rush to fire him. They quickly placed him on administrative leave without pay, which seems like an acceptable response even for people who don’t like UT. No one in the media is criticizing Texas as far as I’ve seen. If anything, it’s more sympathy towards Texas and criticism of Beard, so the two parties have been adequately separated.

We aren’t hiring a new coach right now, so we have time. I don’t think the silence from The University is an indication of anything at this 

4 hours ago, Cajun said:

I'll say what a LOT of others here won't say - Thank God, Crom, Allah, whatever,  this is only Basketball.

At the bottom of the funnel there's just nothing to get too freaked out about b/c it's f'n college basketball.

Had it been football or baseball I'd be sleepless, but it's basketball.  There, I said it.

Fuck that. I was having a great time of it. Bought season tickets and really enjoyed how things were going. 
Much more fun than sitting through shitty football. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I’ve seen some outrageous big law invoices, but I’m still at a loss for how any firm could drag this out while racking up billable hours analyzing the Beard situation.  There are no complex legal issues in play here.  Due diligence is great, but I would hope our administration doesn’t really need untold hours of V&E handholding every time someone has to make a purely business / PR decision.

Jesus Christ have you never met a lawyer?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

That’s a client problem if we’re racking up weeks and weeks worth of billable hours on this situation.  That is the type of thing that only happens when some VP (or University / AD equivalent) makes up a bunch of busywork for the lawyers because he wants CYA material every time he has to talk to his boss and make himself look like he’s doing something, or when the top guy can’t make a decision and is desperately seeking someone to tell him what to do, or wants to make the risky decision and is trying to get the lawyers to tell him it’s ok.

Hey, maybe we are keeping Beard.  Because the answer if we want to get rid of him is, “Yeah, you can fire him with cause.  Yes, I’m sure. Have you not read the contract or something?”

The only complicated legal scenario is if we want to keep Beard. That requires not only analysis on the criminal case and options for how to handle it, but also analysis of the ramifications of keeping Beard for the next time UT wants to fire someone (think Bev and her disparate treatment/discrimination claim). Firing him and withholding his buyout is easy, and there isn't a damn thing he could do about it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

This you too?

9EE1B442-30D7-4341-9200-29DE7247E369.jpeg

Standford? Really? You should go and fuck yourself. Mercilessly. With large, sharp, many-bladed objects. With audio and video recording. Immediately.

For those of you unable to follow more than a single level of antecedents, that message is not directed toward Pancho.

Edited by Tex Long
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

if you're not doing it during a Friday news dump, seems like doing it on NSD1 would be much better than rando Thursday.

You ain't stealing your own football program and all those signees moment to fire a basketball coach, or really to announce any decision one way or the other.  And c'mon guys, Tuesday...it's always Tuesday in these threads.

Edited by Surly Bevo

19 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

if you're not doing it during a Friday news dump, seems like doing it on NSD1 would be much better than rando Thursday.

Actually Friday night would be the best time. Most people are traveling or shopping and not paying attention to news and then Saturday is NFL all day.

On 12/20/2022 at 12:39 PM, immamac said:

my leading theory is now that he will be retained as HC and be suspended this whole season without pay. If he is not guilty or the charges are dropped they will pay him in arrears and if they stick then he's just out 5M dollars. 

yeah, this is where i'm now living after wondering how the fuck we haven't fired this guy yet days after i read that arrest affidavit. 

he's got some kind of defense (like video defense), or texas is playing a longer game than i like for a situation like this. i don't like the idea that an arrest can end someone's career before a guilty verdict, but this a long time for the university to sit pat. 

i think they ("they" they, you know who i mean) think he's the guy. i think they are tepidly lining up with him in the hopes that the man can clean the shit in his own nest before it gets too shitty in bellmont's nest. and anyway, they don't care if it gets kind of shitty in bellmont's nest - that's an acceptable risk with a guy in the "winner" column. and because he's in the winner column, they don't much care about his business as long as it stays his business and doesn't become theirs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

So Beard getting fired tomorrow? Sounds like more than one person now saying it?

here how it work

dumbfuck tweets bullshit

buncha other dumbfucks retweet it

more people go to Reddit, etc saying "apparently this is totally true and not just a rumor someone online made up" mostly because they wish it to be so

ketch reports it as "sources say this bullshit doesn't stink worse than me"

boom, more than one person now saying it

that'll be $9.95

Edited by Rimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, UTGrad98 said:

If we do keep him everyone will have to get used to 'The Austin Strangler' signs for the next few years. Although in the sec it will be forgotten mid year so maybe not. 

If he stays we should definitely sell Austin strangler t shirts for BB NIL, just like bozworth did to the Denver fans.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi