Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

Not really.  it should take 20 seconds:

Mr. Beard, did you threaten this customer with violence or use profanity in any way?

Well, he insulted me, first. He called me a moron.

Answer me! Did you threaten this customer with violence or use profanity in any way?

Yes!

You’re fired!

I hope you had a hell of a piss, Randi!!!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

Watched the national broadcast of the game on Sunday. Both announcers kept saying "when" Beard comes back and not "if". Don't know if they had any info, or just happened to be the terminology they opted to use. Just seemed odd to me for a national crew. Never once did they even talk about the possibility of him not coming back.

• Like 1

He’s back with the team by March 1st. Case gets dropped early next year probably. Apology, counseling, statement of support from Randi, Texas hoops becoming a national villain and an upset early-round loss in March Madness for upsetting the basketball gods are a formality. Rights the ship for a big season next year and the ones after though.

4 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

You must not have strenuously objected.  It ended up working in US vs Santiago

I'm not sure about your police work there, Lou.  I wouldn't say it actually worked.

I strenuously object?  Is that how it works?

"Overruled!"

"No, I strenously object!"  

"Oh, then I'll reconsider!"

You object once so we can say he's not a criminologist.  If you keep after it, it looks like a bunch of fancy lawyer tricks.  It's the difference between paper law and trial law!  You even had the judge saying he was an expert!

Edited by Uncle Nate

34 minutes ago, Helobious said:

He’s back with the team by March 1st. Case gets dropped early next year probably. Apology, counseling, statement of support from Randi, Texas hoops becoming a national villain and an upset early-round loss in March Madness for upsetting the basketball gods are a formality. Rights the ship for a big season next year and the ones after though.

If you’re making this prediction, this means Beard will be fired by the end of the week. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

He’s back with the team by March 1st. Case gets dropped early next year probably. Apology, counseling, statement of support from Randi,

Welp Beard is gone

Texas hoops becoming a national villain and an upset early-round loss in March Madness for upsetting the basketball gods are a formality.

But we're making the Final Four!

Rights the ship for a big season next year and the ones after though.

Oh no we suck again

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

No one has any fucking idea what it means that they haven't fired him within 8 days of the incident.

Maybe there's behind the scenes work to repair it all and get him back as our head coach.

Maybe there's negotiations for a little payoff to Beard in exchange for his resignation so it's done relatively quickly and easily without any lawsuits involved.

Maybe Texas is getting its legal ducks in a row to fire him while paying him 0 dollars and 0 cents with no legal worries because they took the time to make sure they crossed all their i's and dotted all their t's.

No one has any fucking idea unless they have some sort of insider info.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

No one has any fucking idea what it means that they haven't fired him within 8 days of the incident.

Maybe there's behind the scenes work to repair it all and get him back as our head coach.

Maybe there's negotiations for a little payoff to Beard in exchange for his resignation so it's done relatively quickly and easily without any lawsuits involved.

Maybe Texas is getting its legal ducks in a row to fire him while paying him 0 dollars and 0 cents with no legal worries because they took the time to make sure they crossed all their i's and dotted all their t's.

Christian Bale Idk GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

my leading theory is now that he will be retained as HC and be suspended this whole season without pay. If he is not guilty or the charges are dropped they will pay him in arrears and if they stick then he's just out 5M dollars. 

More or less agree. If Randi changes her story, there will be no trial. But it's gonna cost Beard a couple megabucks to buy a changed story. While the price may be the highest for a new story in DV cases, it sure as hell is not a hugely unusual state of affairs. Not sure what the State gets to assuage its violated peace and dignity, and that may be the sticking point right now. 

57 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Why you gotta go bein' all reasonable and shit?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, immamac said:

my leading theory is now that he will be retained as HC and be suspended this whole season without pay. If he is not guilty or the charges are dropped they will pay him in arrears and if they stick then he's just out 5M dollars. 

That makes no sense.  You're basically saying UT would happily retain a coach who is guilty of DV as long as he ponies up some cash.  It's a horrible look.

8 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I know less than most of you and have purposely not followed this story closely outside of cracking wise on this thread.  But I do know because the Managing Partner of the large firm that handles a huge portion of UT's outside counsel work with Jim, this other guy gets loose lips after several drinks.  And he handles mainly athletics contracts and IP for UT.  They brought him in to help find cause to shitcan Herman awhile back.  anyway, he tells me that their firm has been asked to figure out what a termination of contract would look like for cause, indictment, civil case filed against Beard, etc.  All the different permutations for how this goes sideways for UT and Beard.  To cover all bases, MP asks for their thought process on keeping Beard on (suspended with pay, without pay, indefinitely, rest of academic budget year, etc.---all the shit you guys have been contemplating).  Well, that side of it was shifted to outside counsel at another firm oF UT's.  and their Managing Partner?  You guessed it, Frank Stallone.  I jest

But nothing shocking here, they've got one firm working the angle of "IF, IF, IF we keep Beard...what does that look like?" and another working the "how do end this in the very, very near future...days/weeks not weeks/months.  Both firms are notoriously over-billers even for white shoe shops.  So they could drag this out but Jim and Jay have put their foot down and said they're decision is coming imminently and any dragging out by these two firms (most of you know one or both of them) will result in a termination of relationship at next retainer expiration.  So I have a feeling they know what they want to do, just a matter of due diligence that helps the narrative that they covered all their bases.  

Again, nothing very insightful...just confirmation from lots and lots of higher-up lawyers actually working the case that this outcome is looking like it comes out on one binary outcome or the other, but soon.  I don't see them keeping him under contract without pay and suspended from running the team until start of next budget year (8/31 or 9/1) as some sort of compromise much as these attorneys would like to see that happen.  I think this is all resolved by mid-January at the latest.  Plus, there's the calendar realities of hoops-can't hire anybody away in January, got another signing period few months away, NIL cash that doesn't want to stay in limbo over players bolting early, etc.  

Last two anecdotal things:

-one regent I spoke with who is the most die-hard Longhorn sports fan outside of maybe Eltife...they absolutely want this resolved one way or the other before their February meeting.  That much cash, one way or the other, plus interim coach bumps is not wanted on their discussion points.  Obviously they don't want bad PR blowback if turns out Beard is a serial abuser.  But I bet dollars to donuts Sharphorn already has a back-channel idea of what this is already looking like legally.  That guy's been around major, major athletics fallout shit for decades going back to Michigan.  I doubt he doesn't know what's what.  This reinforces the messaging this could still go either way but it goes away within a month, at most.  There is no limbo option, or if there is they're being coy to overbill and underdeliver.  

-Former UT in house GC should be at our dinner tonight, she still works closely with Jim's office.  I am nowhere near as good at casually eliciting information when sober but she and I have had wonderful conversations about the inside baseball stuff at UT after some wine (no breach of her oath or anything).  I am going to try my level best to see what's what, but I'm not as good at conversation sober.  My plan is to wind somebody else up to ask her some shit and see what happens.  

tl;dr  Almost everyone's opinion and insight here could happen.  I just feel like they're gonna rip the bandaid off soon and keep him back on the bench but leave it to him to fund PR/outreach/making nice with the woman/etc.) or he's gone with no backpay and as he litigates himself into the fucking ground versus UT and the woman, and picks up at some mid-major/D2 school in a few years time.  I don't see the Coach Terry with "Offensive Analyst" volunteer Chris Beard for 3 more months with a chance to earn backpay in the summer.  But lawyers lie and shooters shoot.

p.png

what, Helo?  That's not what that means dude.  Pancho has been following this closer than I have and I didn't say one side or the other. Just that the murky compromise solution dudn't look like it's gonna happen, nor does a prolonged, protracted battle.  The legal system may want that but UT brass and Regents don't.  And last I checked, unless Beard is heading off to jail...anything short of that-------payouts, buyouts, civil settlements, backpays, no pays....that's all power of the checkbook and that checkbook wants to either write it out or run him into the ground and soon.  

2 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

p.png

Also, solid take dude. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

After dating some truly bat shit crazy women when I was younger the only judgment I have made so far is chris beard is a dumbass for not knowing how to leave a bad relationship. You learn how to do that shit in your 20s, 30s at most. So him being almost 50 and in a long term relationship with someone like this has me thinking he didn't get a lot of pussy when he was younger. A 3 year engagement means you don't want to marry someone but are too scared to leave them but had to move the relationship forward somehow so you got engaged.  Been there done that. But I was 26. Now his entire coaching trajectory is in serious jeopardy. It only costed me 4 years of pussy in my late 20s. Oh what a dumbass i was. Beard if you are reading this, you are a dumbass. 

Jocks lead sheltered lives.

49 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I know less than most of you and have purposely not followed this story closely outside of cracking wise on this thread.  But I do know because the Managing Partner of the large firm that handles a huge portion of UT's outside counsel work with Jim, this other guy gets loose lips after several drinks.  And he handles mainly athletics contracts and IP for UT.  They brought him in to help find cause to shitcan Herman awhile back.  anyway, he tells me that their firm has been asked to figure out what a termination of contract would look like for cause, indictment, civil case filed against Beard, etc.  All the different permutations for how this goes sideways for UT and Beard.  To cover all bases, MP asks for their thought process on keeping Beard on (suspended with pay, without pay, indefinitely, rest of academic budget year, etc.---all the shit you guys have been contemplating).  Well, that side of it was shifted to outside counsel at another firm oF UT's.  and their Managing Partner?  You guessed it, Frank Stallone.  I jest

But nothing shocking here, they've got one firm working the angle of "IF, IF, IF we keep Beard...what does that look like?" and another working the "how do end this in the very, very near future...days/weeks not weeks/months.  Both firms are notoriously over-billers even for white shoe shops.  So they could drag this out but Jim and Jay have put their foot down and said they're decision is coming imminently and any dragging out by these two firms (most of you know one or both of them) will result in a termination of relationship at next retainer expiration.  So I have a feeling they know what they want to do, just a matter of due diligence that helps the narrative that they covered all their bases.  

Again, nothing very insightful...just confirmation from lots and lots of higher-up lawyers actually working the case that this outcome is looking like it comes out on one binary outcome or the other, but soon.  I don't see them keeping him under contract without pay and suspended from running the team until start of next budget year (8/31 or 9/1) as some sort of compromise much as these attorneys would like to see that happen.  I think this is all resolved by mid-January at the latest.  Plus, there's the calendar realities of hoops-can't hire anybody away in January, got another signing period few months away, NIL cash that doesn't want to stay in limbo over players bolting early, etc.  

Last two anecdotal things:

-one regent I spoke with who is the most die-hard Longhorn sports fan outside of maybe Eltife...they absolutely want this resolved one way or the other before their February meeting.  That much cash, one way or the other, plus interim coach bumps is not wanted on their discussion points.  Obviously they don't want bad PR blowback if turns out Beard is a serial abuser.  But I bet dollars to donuts Sharphorn already has a back-channel idea of what this is already looking like legally.  That guy's been around major, major athletics fallout shit for decades going back to Michigan.  I doubt he doesn't know what's what.  This reinforces the messaging this could still go either way but it goes away within a month, at most.  There is no limbo option, or if there is they're being coy to overbill and underdeliver.  

-Former UT in house GC should be at our dinner tonight, she still works closely with Jim's office.  I am nowhere near as good at casually eliciting information when sober but she and I have had wonderful conversations about the inside baseball stuff at UT after some wine (no breach of her oath or anything).  I am going to try my level best to see what's what, but I'm not as good at conversation sober.  My plan is to wind somebody else up to ask her some shit and see what happens.  

tl;dr  Almost everyone's opinion and insight here could happen.  I just feel like they're gonna rip the bandaid off soon and keep him back on the bench but leave it to him to fund PR/outreach/making nice with the woman/etc.) or he's gone with no backpay and as he litigates himself into the fucking ground versus UT and the woman, and picks up at some mid-major/D2 school in a few years time.  I don't see the Coach Terry with "Offensive Analyst" volunteer Chris Beard for 3 more months with a chance to earn backpay in the summer.  But lawyers lie and shooters shoot.

I didn't understand any of that. You know, I may not be an attorney or know any attorneys. I may not have an advanced degree. I don't have any important UT connections. I don't even know what dollars to donuts means. Bottom line, everything went to s**t since Eddie Van Halen died.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Loop 1604 said:

@YGIFS has to know something given how connected he is around the 40. What say you?

Boom. Eat shit, @Pancho

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Jocks lead sheltered lives.

1 hour ago, Tommy Shelby said:

FUPT Beard

11 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I say you shut the fuck up you blithering fucking idiot

8 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Ooooooooooh

Surprise No GIF by Odd Creative

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

I'll say what a LOT of others here won't say - Thank God, Crom, Allah, whatever,  this is only Basketball.

At the bottom of the funnel there's just nothing to get too freaked out about b/c it's f'n college basketball.

Had it been football or baseball I'd be sleepless, but it's basketball.  There, I said it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck You 2

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi