Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

So does Beard pay her to "do the right thing" or does the university loan him the money?  Is this the reason for the delay, we are waiting for her to "go along" with all this?

Do you get both parties to agree to not see each other as part of the contract?  Since getting them to be "uhm, adults" has worked so well historically.   

When she runs out of money or decides to violate the NDA because crazy gonna crazy, does he sue her for slander/defamation?  Or does the university sue because technically the contract would be between her and them?   I assume the interest rate on "unscrewing the light bulb" is higher than say a boat?  Will Capital Farm Credit lend you money to help you get rid of a hoe?

NEXT TIME ON MOODY CENTER AFTER DARK...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Any lawyers in here feel free to rip apart this thought but since they are not married and have no kids together I would think there is no hurry for her to recant (whether he is innocent or guilty) until a separation agreement is struck. 

Secondly if Terry continues to win games then it will disrupt that locker room again by inserting Beard and throwing another nuke into an already unstable situation. IMO if this doesn't get wrapped up before the start of the spring semester then Beard isn't coming back until summer if he's 1000% innocent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m far from law dog, but who would be representing Ms. Trew? Beard has his team, UT has their lawyers, does Randi with an I get a public defender? Doesn’t seem like Beard is itching to pony up for her legal fees. It seems like the most financially prudent decision she can make is to recant and take a payout. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, petscii said:

Could the payoff be NIL money, or would this technically be the first mid level exception contract in NCAA UT basketball history?

Burnt Ends is already taken as a name...  

Burnt End Bitemarks?  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Are you talking criminal or civil?  Has she been charged with a crime?

I guess I’m conflating the two. No, she hasn’t. Beards lawyer indicated she wants to drop the criminal charges against him. Would she need representation in order to drop the felony charge levied against Beard? Or is it as simple as a statement to the police? Separately, I’d assume she would want representation to negotiate hush payment. A good lawyer seems prudent to handle that process. What happens if it comes out that she fabricated some portion of her police statement? That’s criminal. It seems like she should have representation in some fashion given the monetary and potentially criminal stakes involved on her end.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, CheesePie said:

I guess I’m conflating the two. No, she hasn’t. Beards lawyer indicated she wants to drop the criminal charges against him. Would she need representation in order to drop the felony charge levied against Beard? Or is it as simple as a statement to the police? Separately, I’d assume she would want representation to negotiate hush payment. A good lawyer seems prudent to handle that process. What happens if it comes out that she fabricated some portion of her police statement? That’s criminal. It seems like she should have representation in some fashion given the monetary and potentially criminal stakes involved on her end.

She cannot drop the charges; only the prosecutor can do that.  She can request they be dropped and refuse to cooperate with the prosecution, but it is not her decision as to whether he is prosecuted.  Obviously if she recants, it is going to be hard to get a conviction unless there is some additional evidence.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

I'm not going to hold out much hope that Beard returns to the bench as Texas coach but I do find it interesting that we have reached one week since the initial incident and he has not been fired yet. Not that Texas needs to be in any rush to judgement here since the earliest we'd hire a new coach would be mid March/early April anyway unless we were to snag somebody currently not coaching.

giphy.gif

It could very well be, & probably is, specified in his contract that he has a certain number of days to present his side of the story if the University is seeking to fire him for cause. 10 days or 14 days would be my guess if it's specifically detailed, so it'd be surprising to hear anything this week unless they're going to fire him right before Christmas so the news gets lost among the holidays.

The problem with the "pay the lady" concept is the Travis County D.A.'s office. People believe that the alleged victim has the right to file charges and thus, unfile charges. It doesn't work like that. The alleged victim is not the compalining party in a criminal case. The State of Texas is the  complaining party. If he's indicted, which is a pretty easy burden on the state, the opportunity for her to elect not to cooperate with the prosecution will not come for months, while the case slowly grinds its way to the top of the docket. That would mean having a coach waiting for trial on a felony indictment. I just don't see the University doing that. I hope Beard was merely defending himself and is innocent, and takes UT to the final four. I just don't think it will happen.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Any lawyers in here feel free to rip apart this thought but since they are not married and have no kids together I would think there is no hurry for her to recant (whether he is innocent or guilty) until a separation agreement is struck. 

Secondly if Terry continues to win games then it will disrupt that locker room again by inserting Beard and throwing another nuke into an already unstable situation. IMO if this doesn't get wrapped up before the start of the spring semester then Beard isn't coming back until summer if he's 1000% innocent. 

Nobody thinks he's returning this season regardless of how this plays out.  At least I don't think anybody does.  I don't.

7 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Nobody thinks he's returning this season regardless of how this plays out.  At least I don't think anybody does.  I don't.

Yep, I've said just the initial episode itself is enough to tell Beard to go sit in the corner for the rest of this season while we investigate what happened.

1 hour ago, cafe society said:

Yes or No, will Chris Beard be the coach of the Men's Basketball team at the University of Texas at Austin for game #1 of next season? 

I hadn't looked at it as a temporary problem. So the criminal trial approaches, the lady makes her deal, Beard's case gets dismissed when she declines to testify. This is before the start of the next season. So it is evident, though unspoken, what happened. Does the University keep Beard? If he was exonerated, I would be good with that. Knowing that he likely beat up a woman, albeit an apparent bitch on rails, and paid his way out; I'm not real comfortable with that. Would I enjoy a dominant basketball program? Certainly I would. But that's condoning abuse so long as it benefits UT basketball, and I'm not OK with that. Bad message. I would say slapping a bitch around is not our standard.

23 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

I hadn't looked at it as a temporary problem. So the criminal trial approaches, the lady makes her deal, Beard's case gets dismissed when she declines to testify. This is before the start of the next season. So it is evident, though unspoken, what happened. Does the University keep Beard? If he was exonerated, I would be good with that. Knowing that he likely beat up a woman, albeit an apparent bitch on rails, and paid his way out; I'm not real comfortable with that. Would I enjoy a dominant basketball program? Certainly I would. But that's condoning abuse so long as it benefits UT basketball, and I'm not OK with that. Bad message. I would say slapping a bitch around is not our standard.

he is not accused of "beating up" or even "slapping".

3 hours ago, 1leggedduck said:

The problem with the "pay the lady" concept is the Travis County D.A.'s office. People believe that the alleged victim has the right to file charges and thus, unfile charges. It doesn't work like that. The alleged victim is not the compalining party in a criminal case. The State of Texas is the  complaining party. If he's indicted, which is a pretty easy burden on the state, the opportunity for her to elect not to cooperate with the prosecution will not come for months, while the case slowly grinds its way to the top of the docket. That would mean having a coach waiting for trial on a felony indictment. I just don't see the University doing that. I hope Beard was merely defending himself and is innocent, and takes UT to the final four. I just don't think it will happen.

1 hour ago, 1leggedduck said:

Your posts are wrong about the timing. If she submits an affidavit of non-prosecution, then the DA usually drops the case and doesn’t indict, because they already know the witness won’t cooperate. So her submitting that could get the case dropped quickly, regardless of when they would actually need her to testify. 

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Where are you and others getting this?

The arrest affidavit states “slapped the glasses she was wearing off her face”. There is also a bruise above her eyebrow that corresponds to that story.

Wait, has a picture of her condition come out? 

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Buddy, you don't get to lecture anyone because any person that spends as much time scrolling through posts and tossing out seemingly random rep on half the posts he sees is 100% completely batshit.

You just made the Friendo zone!

• Drool 1

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Where are you and others getting this?

The arrest affidavit states “slapped the glasses she was wearing off her face”. There is also a bruise above her eyebrow that corresponds to that story.

So you see, they posted it, and therefore they read it. And they also heard it when they read it out loud to themselves.   thus it happened.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, troph said:

Wait, has a picture of her condition come out? 

I didn’t say her story is true. I said what is alleged in the arrest affidavit. 

Several posters have now claimed that nothing alleges she was “slapped” or “beaten up” which is simply not true.

Edit: I should have been more clear with my language about the bruise.

Edited by hobbes2702

22 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

The actor or the periodontist?

Was he the periodontist that did Guiliani's gums?  Imagine, Rudy Guiliani, Jon Voight the actor, and Michael Richards 15 years ago after his fall from comedy grace.  What if I told you that Michael Richards would end up being sanest one in that episode?  

I wonder if Beard is watching the games at home and has a direct line to somebody on the bench to radio in suggestions.  Or if his lawyer correctly advised him to cease all communication with all UT personnel and student-athletes until further advised.  crazy to think conference season starts next week already, been a bizarre 6 weeks.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Your posts are wrong about the timing. If she submits an affidavit of non-prosecution, then the DA usually drops the case and doesn’t indict, because they already know the witness won’t cooperate. So her submitting that could get the case dropped quickly, regardless of when they would actually need her to testify. 

Well, when I presented affidavits of non-prosecution in the assault/FV cases I had in Travis County, the cases were not dropped and I was explicitly told that the case would remain on the docket until time of trial and then if the complaining witness refused to cooperate, it would be dismissed. The complaining witness doesn't have to testify to the grand jury for them to get an indictment. Maybe you're just a really skilled jurist. Did you go to one of those fancy law schools up in the East?

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

Well, when I presented affidavits of non-prosecution in the assault/FV cases I had in Travis County, the cases were not dropped and I was explicitly told that the case would remain on the docket until time of trial and then if the complaining witness refused to cooperate, it would be dismissed. The complaining witness doesn't have to testify to the grand jury for them to get an indictment. Maybe you're just a really skilled jurist. Did you go to one of those fancy law schools up in the East?

Excuse me sir, I read on Wikipedia,

• Like 1

Was he the periodontist that did Guiliani's gums?  Imagine, Rudy Guiliani, Jon Voight the actor, and Michael Richards 15 years ago after his fall from comedy grace.  What if I told you that Michael Richards would end up being sanest one in that episode?  
I wonder if Beard is watching the games at home and has a direct line to somebody on the bench to radio in suggestions.  Or if his lawyer correctly advised him to cease all communication with all UT personnel and student-athletes until further advised.  crazy to think conference season starts next week already, been a bizarre 6 weeks.

Like a walkie talkie?

5 hours ago, 1leggedduck said:

You must not have strenuously objected.  It ended up working in US vs Santiago

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JFKFC said:

Yes or No, will Chris Beard be the coach of the Men's Basketball team at the University of Texas at Austin for game #1 of next season? 

12 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Yes. Or no.

This is a very complicated case.  You know, a lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what-have-yous.  

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi