2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!

BurntOrange&White

2 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Weird.

Lane Kiffin is trash talking BlowU.

Fat Fuck Heupel is trash talking Texas.

At the SEC Media Days today, he said there is only one UT and one color of orange or some shit.  

We need to get Kiffen on the record about the real UT and proper shade of orange.

So this SEC "there's only one real UT" garbage is going to become a thing now?

I guess I'll just respond to anyone who says that to me with "well I guess Utah and Tulsa can use it but who gives a shit"

Then when they mention Tennessee I'll respond with "Tennessee? You mean the women's basketball school?"

8 hours ago, Hermanator said:

So this SEC "there's only one real UT" garbage is going to become a thing now?

I guess I'll just respond to anyone who says that to me with "well I guess Utah and Tulsa can use it but who gives a shit"

Then when they mention Tennessee I'll respond with "Tennessee? You mean the women's basketball school?"

They call it UT because nobody in the state can spell Tennessee correctly

• Haha 2

Texas faces a lot of NFL prospect OTs this year, from Brugler's pre-season rankings

#3 draft eligible OT- JC Latham- Bama

#5 draft eligible OT- Patrick Paul- Houston

#5 draft eligible underclassman OT- Tyler Guyton- OU

#7 draft eligible underclassman OT- Kingsley Suamataia- BYU

#7 senior- Brandon Coleman- TCU

#9 senior- Andrew Coker- TCU

#16 senior- Ian Fitzgerald- BYU

https://theathletic.com/4708641/2023/07/24/nfl-draft-2024-offensive-tackles-scouting/?campaign=5888993&source=dailyemail

He has Christian Jones as the #20 ranked senior

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Guyton is thought of that highly? Wasn't he splitting time on a meh offensive line last year by OU standards?

They had one tackle go late first (Harrison pick #27) and in the third (Morris #92)

The Briles offense doesn't really highlight OL play, imo, but guys will still get drafted based on measurables 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Fud said:

Texas faces a lot of NFL prospect OTs this year, from Brugler's pre-season rankings

#3 draft eligible OT- JC Latham- Bama

#5 draft eligible OT- Patrick Paul- Houston

#5 draft eligible underclassman OT- Tyler Guyton- OU

#7 draft eligible underclassman OT- Kingsley Suamataia- BYU

#7 senior- Brandon Coleman- TCU

#9 senior- Andrew Coker- TCU

#16 senior- Ian Fitzgerald- BYU

https://theathletic.com/4708641/2023/07/24/nfl-draft-2024-offensive-tackles-scouting/?campaign=5888993&source=dailyemail

He has Christian Jones as the #20 ranked senior

I'm unfamiliar with "Brugler" unless he's part of a larger, well-known entity, but his list of tackles is dogshit filler.

-Guyton shouldn't be on any list like this. Pure laziness because he plays for Bedenbaugh and they just put a few guys in the league again.

-JC Latham is ranked the way he is by a collective unthinking media. "Herrrrp, derrrrp, he was highly ranked as a recruit and plays for Alabama!" Dude had a number of mediocre moments last season. He's a RT that they're worried about moving to LT to the point that they're considering starting the 5 star true freshman, Proctor, as the LT from day one. Maybe he's Kelvin Banks redux, but the odds are that he's going to cause problems via growing pains. If Latham doesn't make the move to LT, he's being manufactured as high on NFL boards when he might not actually be in that spot come April.

-Andrew Coker benefitted from having nasty interior OL playing next to him that made him look merely serviceable. Let's see how he performs with new guys inside of him. I won't be surprised if he's UDFA in the spring. Ditto Coleman. These TCU guys are on the list due to intellectual sloth.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm unfamiliar with "Brugler" unless he's part of a larger, well-known entity, but his list of tackles is dogshit filler.

-Guyton shouldn't be on any list like this. Pure laziness because he plays for Bedenbaugh and they just put a few guys in the league again.

-JC Latham is ranked the way he is by a collective unthinking media. "Herrrrp, derrrrp, he was highly ranked as a recruit and plays for Alabama!" Dude had a number of mediocre moments last season. He's a RT that they're worried about moving to LT to the point that they're considering starting the 5 star true freshman, Proctor, as the LT from day one. Maybe he's Kelvin Banks redux, but the odds are that he's going to cause problems via growing pains. If Latham doesn't make the move to LT, he's being manufactured as high on NFL boards when he might not actually be in that spot come April.

-Andrew Coker benefitted from having nasty interior OL playing next to him that made him look merely serviceable. Let's see how he performs with new guys inside of him. I won't be surprised if he's UDFA in the spring. Ditto Coleman. These TCU guys are on the list due to intellectual sloth.

You should ask Sorrell about Coker's draft prospects. 

44 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He writes for the Athletic. He’s and Daniel Jeremiah are probably the best of the major site/channel draft guys, and Dane is usually ahead of the curve 

• Hook 'Em 2