45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

But, you gotta admit, when the government shows you grand jury testimony from another district right after filing a superseding indictment in your district, that' does raise some questions.  Questions really only the government can answer.

50 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Except for the fact that the government already told her under seal about the conflict arising from the potential perjury before the DC grand jury. There’s no excuse for her falling victim to the Fox News “Doesn’t this seem improper?” trolling

Sometimes I wonder if twice can actually be that obtuse or just trolling.

• Drool 1

What  a fucking shame.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/2023/8/23/23843104/suburban-minister-stephen-lee-indicted-trump-georgia-election-fraud-case-surrendern-friday

The southwest suburban minister indicted with former President Donald Trump and 17 others last week on charges related to attempts to overthrow election results in Georgia has reached a bond agreement and plans to surrender to authorities on Friday.

Stephen Lee, a 70-year-old Lutheran minister, and Trevian Kutti, a Chicago publicist, were both charged for their alleged involvement in a scheme to pressure an election worker in Fulton County, Georgia, to falsely admit to committing election fraud in 2020.

David Shestokas, an attorney representing Lee, said a bond agreement has been reached with Fulton County authorities, and Lee will turn himself in on Friday morning, the deadline for defendants to voluntarily surrender. Lee’s bond has been set at $75,000.

But Shestokas said he still contends a $75,000 bond for Lee isn’t reasonable. 

“I think that’s an excessive bond. He’s a pastor. These are not folks that do things to get wealthy,” Shestokas said. “There’s no reason to believe he’s a flight risk. I advised them that he is not a wealthy man and wouldn’t be able to make bond.” 

Kutti and Lee each face three charges of conspiring to commit solicitation of false statements and writings, influencing witnesses and violating Georgia’s RICO Act, the state’s racketeering law.

Lee was charged with an additional two counts of “criminal intent to commit influencing witnesses.”

They are two of the 19 people charged in the 41-count indictment accusing Trump and his allies of a criminal enterprise to overturn his narrow loss in Georgia during the 2020 presidential election.

Kutti is a publicist based in Chicago who worked with R. Kelly and Kanye West and recently was an Illinois pot lobbyist. Lee is a pastor at Living Word Lutheran Church in Orland Park.

Kutti declined to comment on Wednesday. She has yet to reach a bond agreement, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Spoiler

Lee will be expected to meet the standard conditions of bond, including no contact with witnesses or other defendants.

Shestokas said he plans to continue fighting the bond amount on Friday in Georgia.

Shestokas ran for the Republican nomination for Illinois attorney general last year and served on Trump’s legal team in Pennsylvania.

Of the 19 people indicted, 13 have reached bond agreements, six have surrendered to Fulton County jail and posted bond and five have yet to reach any agreement, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Trump’s bail was set at $200,000, the highest amount for any defendant from the indictment so far.

Shestokas said Georgia authorities had not been in touch with Lee since last November when he was asked to testify in the Fulton County special grand jury investigation. He successfully fought off the subpoena.

“It was a quite a shock. We were literally astounded to wake up and find out he was a defendant in the indictment,” Shestokas said.

Kutti and Lee were accused of attempting to influence the same election worker multiple times in December 2020 and January 2021 in Fulton County, Georgia.

The indictment alleges Kutti and Lee tried to intimidate election worker Ruby Freeman to falsely confess to election crimes she did not commit.

Kutti and Lee showed up at Freeman’s home multiple times pretending to offer help in December 2020 and January 2021 in Fulton County, Georgia, according to the charges.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

What  a fucking shame.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/2023/8/23/23843104/suburban-minister-stephen-lee-indicted-trump-georgia-election-fraud-case-surrendern-friday

Reveal hidden contents

Lee will be expected to meet the standard conditions of bond, including no contact with witnesses or other defendants.

Shestokas said he plans to continue fighting the bond amount on Friday in Georgia.

Shestokas ran for the Republican nomination for Illinois attorney general last year and served on Trump’s legal team in Pennsylvania.

Of the 19 people indicted, 13 have reached bond agreements, six have surrendered to Fulton County jail and posted bond and five have yet to reach any agreement, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Trump’s bail was set at $200,000, the highest amount for any defendant from the indictment so far.

Shestokas said Georgia authorities had not been in touch with Lee since last November when he was asked to testify in the Fulton County special grand jury investigation. He successfully fought off the subpoena.

“It was a quite a shock. We were literally astounded to wake up and find out he was a defendant in the indictment,” Shestokas said.

Kutti and Lee were accused of attempting to influence the same election worker multiple times in December 2020 and January 2021 in Fulton County, Georgia.

The indictment alleges Kutti and Lee tried to intimidate election worker Ruby Freeman to falsely confess to election crimes she did not commit.

Kutti and Lee showed up at Freeman’s home multiple times pretending to offer help in December 2020 and January 2021 in Fulton County, Georgia, according to the charges.

https://yen.com.gh/183456-top-richest-pastors-america-net-worth.html

• Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

No way the 20th richest pastor is only worth $2.5 million.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Kenneth Copeland is up to 6 or 700 million too. And I'm sure most of these fuckers hude their money  in their church and it's tax exempt status. And I don't see a single Falwell on that list. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Kenneth Copeland is up to 6 or 700 million too. And I'm sure most of these fuckers hude their money  in their church and it's tax exempt status. And I don't see a single Falwell on that list. 

No Ed Young from 2nd baptist either? Gross fucking list either way.

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Except for the fact that the government already told her under seal about the conflict arising from the potential perjury before the DC grand jury. There’s no excuse for her falling victim to the Fox News “Doesn’t this seem improper?” trolling

if I've learned one thing from starting up late and getting stoned and watching ancient aliens, is that you can say whatever batshit you want and as long as you are just asking questions, you're all good. "some ancient alien theorists think that..."

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Well, we don't know exactly what the government said, and that was before the superseding indictment.  We also don't know what the government said in their Florida Garcia request, either.

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

It was public knowledge that the DC grand jury remained ongoing and why should be obvious to everyone: because those clowns committed like 1,000,000 crimes in DC, and had only been indicted in Florida for a few that also connected to Mar-a-Lago.

We know that the investigation started with a grand jury in DC for legitimate reasons.  We also know that a grand jury was impaneled in Fla for purposes of the two indictments here, because a grand jury should sit where the case is venued.  If you're not at least a little bit curious as to the division of responsibility between the two grand juries, I can't really help ya.

So we have the following facts:

• the government notified the Florida court of a Garcia hearing happening pertaining to Yuscil Taveras in DC on or about June 28: "The Government notified this Court on the same day, by sealed notice, of the filing in the District of Columbia:
  • a superseding indictment issues from the Florida grand jury a month later on July 27 making Yuscil Taveras a key witness and raising a conflict issue as to Waltine Nauta
  • on August 2, the government files for a Garcia hearing for Nauta on what apparently is a conflict not resolved by the earlier hearing and in the process reveals an investigation that is in addition to, but also directly involves the Florida case

It's not unreasonable to ask some questions under those circumstances.

I like what I know of Jack Smith.  I'm rooting for Jack Smith.  I hope Jack Smith and his minions do everything above-board and by-the-book and kick Trump's teeth in in the process.

The US government has a distressing habit of not always doing that in criminal cases.  The above-board and by-the-book part I mean.  They're pretty good at kicking people's teeth in.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, 'stache said:

So these mugshots are definitely gonna be meme'd as one of those magazines at shady liquor stores that just show mugshots, right?

image.jpeg.226ee181339a34a0989c22e030f92b1e.jpeg

Actually, they should wind up in that gas station publication around here.  I'm gonna need to cross the county line next week to see if I can get one.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Just now, BamaATL said:

Actually, they should wind up in that gas station publication around here.  I'm gonna need to cross the county line next week to see if I can get one.  

Please, please, please, if they make the actual version of this, I'd pay to have you mail me one. Hell, I bet they offer it for sale nationwide for a nice payday.

51 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

No Ed Young from 2nd baptist either? Gross fucking list either way.

When I was detailing sold cars at a ford dealer in McKinney as a teen in the late 90s, the pastor at tiny 1st baptist of McKinney paid cash money (not a check or wire, bands of hundos) for a 65,000 truck.

so my interpretation would be that most of them could afford a 75k bond- it just might not look like it based on their tax returns. 

the guys that make that list would be the ones that jumped into celebrity and wrote books or had tv shows, where they couldn’t put that money through the church. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Trump will self report 6’5 210

and the people that claim they believe everything he says will use it in conversation as proof that he’s in great health. 

would be funny if he tried to claim a lower age like 71, and argue that there was a clerical error at the hospital that has his birth record. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

F4Pr0OiagAA_b3j?format=jpg&name=medium

Right, Middle guy in royal blue shirt.  Conan O'Brien's serial killer brother.  

Fucking-A, look at this fucking crew.  At least coup leaders in other countries dress with some flair and accessorize, they put some effort into it like they're going to church in Atlanta.  

And the way they laid out the photos?  Hollywood Spares.  

11 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I only practice in one jurisdiction, but I've never known Law enforcement to actually weigh and measure the defendants when booked. I've been wondering all week why Georgia was different, but I guess the internet was just wrong again.

You’ve never had 3-4 cops wrestle you and pin you up against a wall for a booking photo where they had a measuring tape attached to the wall?

barack obama shrug GIF

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You’ve never had 3-4 cops wrestle you and pin you up against a wall for a booking photo where they had a measuring tape attached to the wall?

barack obama shrug GIF

I ain't been booked in a right good while, but i don't ever recall getting weighed

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I only practice in one jurisdiction, but I've never known Law enforcement to actually weigh and measure the defendants when booked. I've been wondering all week why Georgia was different, but I guess the internet was just wrong again.

I’ve only been arrested in one jurisdiction and I was not weighed or measured