45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Oh good lord, from his Wikipedia:

"Elfman has admitted to fabricating stories about his past out of boredom, including a false birthplace of Amarillo, Texas, and parents in the United States Air Force.[19]"

why ... why would you ever...

1a5e9321-9cfa-4867-855f-50aaee4b5424_tex

of the many lies you could tell, why THAT?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Captainant said:

Here's the rant (image in spoiler)

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/111282184622212722

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.205a6b3bcdb7a9369193327a25c85102.png

Seems like something that was explicitly warned against by the judge - most criminal defendants would have been hit with contempt of court by now, but we can't use the rules against trump because then he'll actually win or something?

No, none of that is within the scope of Engoron's gag order, which protects court staff, and court staff only.

I thought this was a Smith rant.

Most criminal defendants aren't subject to gag orders, and in the unusual case that they are, judges almost always follow the increasing sanctions contempt model:  fine>bigger fine>jail.

Pretty good analysis of the Immunity dispute teed up in Chutkan's court.  https://www.lawfaremedia.org/article/taking-trump-s-presidential-immunity-briefing-seriously

Biggest issue of presidential power since the Nixon administration, and maybe really ever given the unlikely nature of it having arisen, until now.  I don't really even count Clinton v. Jones.

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

If (big if) it leads to that orange piece of shit in prison, I don't care.  Make a deal w/ whomever it takes to burn that stupid cunt to the ground. 

I just hope this means they are also pleading guilty to federal charges at some point.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m not thrilled about all these traitors getting sweetheart deals.  Like, is there a huge lack of evidence here where you might need a bunch of cooperating witnesses?  Me thinks not

It depends on how valuable their testimony is and from what I understand this is how RICO trials work. 

someone last night on the twitters or something predicted that Jenna would be the next to flip.

wonder who is next?

41 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m not thrilled about all these traitors getting sweetheart deals.  Like, is there a huge lack of evidence here where you might need a bunch of cooperating witnesses?  Me thinks not

I kind of tend to agree.  We knew from the outset, pretty much, that a RICO case of this type is designed to secure pleas from lower-level offenders.

Do we know if Ellis' plea is to a felony or not?  As discussed extensively, that should jeopardize their law licenses, as should a misdemeanor involving fraud or deceit.

ETA:  So, the underlying offense in Georgia appears to be a felony as it is punishable by 1-5 years in prison (felonies are usually >1 year).  It's a little bit unclear whether aiding and abetting liability drops it to a misdemeanor.

However, the peanut gallery will be glad to know that most misdemeanors involving falsity, fraud, deceit, or theft also subject lawyers to disbarment or suspension in most jurisdictions.  So Jenna's erstwhile career as failed traffic prosecutor seems to be over.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Haha 1

So, Trump filed five more motions to dismiss the indictment in DC.  See them here. https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67656604/united-states-v-trump/

I think they're all pretty weak, some laughable even.  But a big flurry of activity that was somewhat expected.

One of the most astonishing arguments they've made is that his acquittal in the Senate on the two impeachments is double jeopardy for these criminal charges.

• Haha 1

So, Trump filed five more motions to dismiss the indictment in DC.  See them here. https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67656604/united-states-v-trump/
I think they're all pretty weak, some laughable even.  But a big flurry of activity that was somewhat expected.
One of the most astonishing arguments they've made is that his acquittal in the Senate on the two impeachments is double jeopardy for these criminal charges.

Perhaps the shooting down of all these cockamamie arguments is a small bit of shine on this whole turd. At least there will be a few more bright lines laid out for when the inevitable next pos tries this stuff.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Getting all aspects of truthful accounts about what happened behind the scenes has quite a bit of value for the country IMO. I know the cult members won’t hear it, or care if they do, but the historical record on this whole circus will need to be studied and understood for generations to come and these pleas will be pretty solid content for that.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, The Dog said:

It depends on how valuable their testimony is and from what I understand this is how RICO trials work. 

someone last night on the twitters or something predicted that Jenna would be the next to flip.

wonder who is next?

My guess would be Misty Hampton and Cathy Latham, the remainders of the Coffee County portion of this.  Of those charged, only 4 were directly related to that, which included those 2, Hall and Powell, the latter two have already plead guilty; which to me means Latham and Hampton are cooked.  So unless they are absolutely insane (which we can't discount as a possibility), it would only make sense that they get while the getting is good.  

2 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

My guess would be Misty Hampton and Cathy Latham, the remainders of the Coffee County portion of this.  Of those charged, only 4 were directly related to that, which included those 2, Hall and Powell, the latter two have already plead guilty; which to me means Latham and Hampton are cooked.  So unless they are absolutely insane (which we can't discount as a possibility), it would only make sense that they get while the getting is good.  

Misty Hampton needs jail time. IIRC she was the one responsible for protecting the machines and instead invited in the wolves. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

I guess I still have PTSD from the trump era, but I just cannot help but feel like Charlie Brown running up to a football held by Lucy.

I'll fucking believe that trump will face consequences when it happens.

Take solace in the fact that he's gotta be shitting bricks as he wonders what they are telling the various officials.

And Jenna...I hope she has good security, as some MAGA type will probably be adding her to his list.

25 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I generally don't know shit about fuck when it comes to lawyering, but even I know that the impeachments were not criminal trials.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, The Dog said:

Thanks. I thought this was great. As much as I appreciate the legal analysis provided by lawyers here in the CR, it is nice to hear a more plain language overview. 

It's also kind of funny that he's speaking from Texas and you hear sporadic gunfire in the background.

Yesterday, I had to tune into a Worker Safety webinar. First question was, "Should you report a person in the workplace who has a holstered gun?" Yee haw!

First question from audience a little later, "What if you're driving to an appointment, and you see a man pointing a rifle at another car? One of our people saw this then the man pointed the rifle at her car. Is that something we report to workplace safety?"

I joined the women with a WTF? look. What in the fucking world is going on?

• Hook 'Em 3

So Jenna's counsel, or at least the law firm administering her legal fund solicitation, regularly represents car dealerships in white collar crimes.  The only thing more bizarre than the background of Trump's legal team members are the people those people have to hire to get them outta the shitshow they all started.  

In a thousand years, you couldn't have scripted any of this shit no matter how hard you tried.  

38 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That sounds like the Donald's doing. He knows more about law than all the lawyers. He can't believe the morons working for him didn't think of it themselves. Hell, they even resisted it! Does Dotard have to do everything himself?

spacer.png

Work! Work! Work! Work! Work!

Trump, "See, she said 'I would have declined to represent Donald Trump'...so that means she was never my lawyer!  Told you!"  

Jesus, ever since he beta-tested that "I can declassify the documents by thinking it with my mind" and tens of millions of people replied, "Yeah, that makes sense."....he's doing it retroactively with all kinds of shit.  That's why he doesn't pay them, he thinks that means there's no paper trail connecting him to these attorneys.  Thousands of people, every single day in this country, are represented by attorneys to whom they've never given a single dollar.  

34 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

At this point, Rudy is going to see a jail cell.  He has nothing to offer, no money to defend himself, etc.

If this was on a betting site, I see that Rudy would be that top of the list to spend time in prison. After all, he testified for 7 hours to a GA state senate hearing and all of these guilty pleas are indicating that they knew they were lying.  I would love to see Clark and Eastman spend time behind bars as well. Clark was a DOJ lawyer who was simultaneously trying to overthrow the govt.  In the first half of the US, he would be facing a rope.

I still don't think Trump will see jail time for GA. The case that will put him in jail is the classified documents where he willfully kept them and lied to the govt. The clock is ticking on that the case needs to take place before the election.  And most likely we need time for a second trial after Trump creates a mistrial with his tweets and speeches.