45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/trump-lawyers-prepare-betrayal-former-allies-flip-1234861640/

SINCE THE SUMMER,  Donald Trump’s legal teams have been wracked by one abiding fear: betrayal.

On one front, the former president’s inner circle has fretted about how many co-defendants in the Fulton County criminal case — or co-conspirators in the special counsel probes — might turn against him, accept a plea deal, and cooperate with the prosecutors. But lingering beneath the fear of disloyalty lies another, darker fear about whether anyone anyone still working in, or close to, Trump’s inner orbit could already secretly be working with prosecutors.

For months, Trump, his lawyers, and advisers have been preparing for a potential onslaught of co-defendants flipping on him ahead of trial in the Georgia case. In the last week alone, three prominent co-defendants — Jenna Ellis, Kenneth Chesebro, and Sidney Powell — have all struck plea deals with the district attorney, and the former president and his team are expecting more to come.

According to two sources familiar with the situation, and another two people briefed on it, the former president and his inner sanctum have tried for months to ascertain which imperiled Trump allies have been inching towards cutting deals. When Trump has sent his advisers and attorneys on these so-called “fact-finding” missions this year, they have routinely come up empty — unable to satisfy the former president’s demands to know who is preparing to snitch.

In the face of this uncertainty, several of Trump’s attorneys have been briefing the ex-president on what one source calls “threat and [potential] damage assessments.” These assessments have explained to Trump which co-defendants the lawyers believe are likeliest to cut a deal, and which ones prosecutors likely believe could do the most damage to Trump, if called to testify, according to the sources.

As part of this effort, the former president’s team has also been digging into troves of past communications and private documents related to some of these co-defendants, targeting those deemed likely to cooperate with prosecutors. The purpose of the research, according to the sources with knowledge of the matter, has been to unearth materials that Trump attorneys could use to undermine the credibility of these would-be witnesses.

People with knowledge of the matter say that Trump’s legal team has quietly carried out research along these lines into former Trump campaign attorney Ellis, Chesebro, who helped the campaign design the fake electors scheme, and Trump’s own former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, among others.

It is still unclear what Meadows will ultimately do in these cases — but some of his, and his lawyer’s, moves have given Team Trump reason to sweat.

Spoiler

On Tuesday, ABC News reported that Meadows spoke at least three times with prosecutors from the special counsel’s office investigating Trump’s attempts to overturn the election and told them he had warned Trump, in late 2020, that his election fraud claims were baseless. Trump advisers and attorneys have long suspected that Meadows may end up cooperating with prosecutors and had even spitefully used the rat emoji when discussing the former top Trump aide in text communications.

Meadows has also prompted speculation that he may look to avoid liability in the Fulton County case by highlighting Trump’s potential culpability. As Politico noted in September, a lawyer for Meadows pointedly noted in a pre-trial hearing that the infamous phone call between Trump and Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger contained “a lot of statements by Mr. Trump” but included no demands to “change the vote totals” from Meadows. 

The relatively lenient deals for Ellis, Cheseboro and Powell — who received probation and fines — have given some of Trump’s co-defendants an opportunity to end at least part of their election-related legal headaches without jail time and to save on the expensive legal bills that have weighed on Trump’s fellow accused. A fourth defendant in the Georgia case, bail bondsman Scott Hall, pleaded guilty to conspiring to access voting machine data. But it is unclear whether other defendants could take up similar offers.     

“For the fourth time, Fani Willis and her prosecution team have dismissed the [racketeering and conspiracy] charge in return for a plea to probation,” Trump attorney Steven Sadow said in a statement responding to Ellis’s plea agreement on Tuesday, calling the charges against Trump’s co-defendants “nothing more than a bargaining chip for DA Willis.”

On Tuesday, Trump’s attorneys offered a glimpse of what could await those who do end up testifying against him. Former Trump attorney Michael Cohen took the stand in the New York civil fraud case against Trump, and received an onslaught of accusations and insults from Trump’s legal team. Attorneys Chris Kise and Alina Habba underscored Cohen’s 2018 guilty plea for fraud and making false statements, blasting him as a “serial liar” who “lied to his wife” and called him a “completely out of control” witness for the prosecution.

Elsewhere, though, Trump’s legal advisers are grappling with another recurring problem this year: chronic distrust and petty feuds in their own ranks. Some of this drama has already exploded into public view, and cost Trump the services of some of his leading defense attorneys. 

The level of distrust among Trump’s current lawyers has reached a point where some of them have privately spread rumors or speculation this year that other Trump attorneys are secretly cooperating with federal or Fulton County prosecutors, according to two people with direct knowledge of the matter. 

The sources add that this has hampered the multiple legal teams’ work defending Trump, because it has on occasion limited what these lawyers think they should say in the presence of the Trump attorneys they don’t trust.

Trump is tentatively scheduled to stand trial in Fulton County in early 2024.

• Hook 'Em 1

"Wearing a wire"?  What the fuck?  Is this 1979 ABSCAM?  

The fucking guy, Trump, posted online everything about all of his crimes, or left it on recorded phone lines and video feeds.  Why the fuck would you risk Meadow's personal safety by making him wear a wire if the people you're after just volunteer the shit for free?  Fucking gang that can't shoot straight.  After 8 fucking years, suddenly our government gets religion and wants to punish bad actors?  

Although I'm guessing given the timeline, and all of the amazing surveillance technology that exists in our shadow government...they were just fucking with Meadows and asked him to duct tape this to his inner thigh every morning: 

image.png.4ecde463570ecbf9f6eab610e74f1582.png

"Hi, my name is Mark meadows and I'm with the Cub Scouts of America.  And we're selling uncut cocaine this year to get to the Jamboree."  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

SIAP, but it would appear that Powell is violating her plea agreement what with her newsletters that she is publicizing on her social media accounts, claiming that she's innocent and was forced into the plea

https://www.businessinsider.com/sidney-powell-doubt-election-results-attack-prosecutors-after-guilty-plea-2023-10

She had to stand up and swear that nobody did any such thing, in court under oath, for the plea to be accepted, right?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

While I appreciate your insightful questioning, what you may not stop to realize is that violating a plea deal out of duress is a viable defense.  Confirmed threats of violence against her and her family have already begun.  And they will continue for her co-conspirators/co-plea defendants.  And they will continue and grow worse.  They will suddenly pretend, despite being marked as "great attorneys, the best" by the Orange Godking, that they didn't understand and were forced into these plea deals.  Because bad people with real guns are coming for them and their loved ones.  And it is never going to stop.  So yeah, she's a piece of shit.  But a piece of shit that shares blood with innocent people that had nothing to do with her crimes or her overlord.  But they're hunted nonetheless.  May god be with her, because nobody else on this earth will be.

31 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

The fucking guy, Trump, posted online everything about all of his crimes, or left it on recorded phone lines and video feeds.  Why the fuck would you risk Meadow's personal safety by making him wear a wire if the people you're after just volunteer the shit for free?  Fucking gang that can't shoot straight.  After 8 fucking years, suddenly our government gets religion and wants to punish bad actors?  

Although I'm guessing given the timeline, and all of the amazing surveillance technology that exists in our shadow government...they were just fucking with Meadows and asked him to duct tape this to his inner thigh every morning: 

image.png.4ecde463570ecbf9f6eab610e74f1582.png

"Hi, my name is Mark meadows and I'm with the Cub Scouts of America.  And we're selling uncut cocaine this year to get to the Jamboree."  

Like ABSCAM Jerry

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Most likely he's got a recording app on his phone that doesn't look like a recording app.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Gil Bang said:

it wouldn't be hard to fool trump.  You could have a microphone that looks like a microphone and Trump would still blather on about all his crimes.

"Should I even be showing you this?  People say I shouldn't show this around, but do you know what this beautiful thing is? Nobody talks about it, but it's so beautiful and maybe it's against the law to show you, but I'm President, and I can show it to you because I was the top law enforcement officers in the country. Oh yes, I was over the attorney general so that makes me the top."

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Most likely he's got a recording app on his phone that doesn't look like a recording app.

Well, yes obviously it was something more discrete.  And knowing how wise Trump's inner circle was, I'm sure the App was renamed "DO NOT DESTROY" on his homepage.  This is fucking amazing.  There is a former Australian Ambassador to the U.S. who lives in Austin.  He is married to a wonderful Texas-Ex.  He hinted that Trump may have opened his mouth one too many times around Australian emissaries about U.S. Naval capacities.  I had no idea what he was talking about at the time because it was a time I was trying to keep up 2 drinks to his 1 and the small group around us.  I am, and have been for some time, fresh out of ideas as to the extent this Trump simulation will go to in order to shock me.  I am no longer capable of shock.  

The only thing left is for him to sell Naval secrets to Uzbekistan and Liechtenstein.  The only two nations on Earth that are double land-locked and couldn't have any less use for Naval intelligence than the people of Mars.  But by this time next month, I fully expect that to be the case.  

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

SIAP, but it would appear that Powell is violating her plea agreement what with her newsletters that she is publicizing on her social media accounts, claiming that she's innocent and was forced into the plea

https://www.businessinsider.com/sidney-powell-doubt-election-results-attack-prosecutors-after-guilty-plea-2023-10

She had to stand up and swear that nobody did any such thing, in court under oath, for the plea to be accepted, right?

I'm trying to find a copy of the plea agreement.  It doesn't look like it was publicly filed.

Defendants are free, I suppose, to contradict or outright deny their plea agreements to the public. Everyone in prison is innocent, and most of them are there by plea.

It doesn't affect anything with the court or the plea itself. although, if she insists it was coerced, a court could drag her back in, rehear that, and revoke the plea.

What I did find, however, is something that will make you very happy I think.

And that is that the first thing she pled to is "conspiracy to commit theft by taking."  

And the Georgia Criminal Code provides

§ 16-8-2. Theft by Taking

Universal Citation: GA Code § 16-8-2 (2020)

A person commits the offense of theft by taking when he unlawfully takes or, being in lawful possession thereof, unlawfully appropriates any property of another with the intention of depriving him of the property, regardless of the manner in which the property is taken or appropriated.

The Texas Disciplinary Rules of Procedure provide, in the definitions section:

GG. “Serious Crime” means barratry; any felony involving moral turpitude; any misdemeanor involving theft, embezzlement, or fraudulent or reckless misappropriation of money or other property; or any attempt, conspiracy, or solicitation of another to commit any of the foregoing crimes.

and

V. “Intentional Crime” means (1) any Serious Crime that requires proof of knowledge or intent as an essential element or (2) any crime involving misapplication of money or other property held as a fiduciary.

And, finally:

8.05. Disbarment: When an attorney has been convicted of an Intentional Crime, and that conviction has become final, or the attorney has accepted probation with or without an adjudication of guilt for an Intentional Crime, the attorney shall be disbarred . . . .

So, ol Sid seems pretty highly likely, almost dead certain in fact, to lose her Texas law license notwithstanding what happens relative to the Kraken suits.

The "felony of moral turpitude" out that I discussed earlier has no application here.  And, I have personal knowledge that the Bar lawyers that handle this stuff are familiar, fully competent, and pretty fucking fierce at handling this type of thing, known as "compulsory discipline."  Plus, the only thing they have to prove is the conviction itself.

Legal reporting is shitty, because no one mentioned that one of the misdemeanors was theft.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I'm not real flexible, but I will attempt to suck my own cock when I get that notification.

For those of you that are single, if you can't get laid the night he dies...you're all kinds of wrong.  Obviously there'll be tens of millions mourning but there will so much hot, liberated trim out there just waiting to make bad decisions on the happiest night of their young lives.  Go gay, go straight, go anal, just go.  Live it up.  It'll be fucking Mardi Gras, New Year's Eve, and Junior Prom all rolled into one.  Everybody not committed will be looking to go oral with the nearest warm-blooded animal that night.  Admittedly, I will not be having sex that night.  Despite loving my attractive wife and her understanding my hatred of Trump (she doesn't like him but she's also unsure about my vitriolic despising of the piece of human shit), I couldn't bang her even if I wanted to because I'm going on a concerning and boner-killing amount of narcotics and also possibly in a Canadian prison.  

Heather has things to say.

Wow. If Jenna Ellis plead guilty out of fear, fine.

Even after taking all that money in donations. Its a scary position to be in. But for her to read that BS letter insinuating GA wasn’t riddled with fraud & corruption, & that she just trusted the wrong people, is DIRTY. All while claiming to be Christian.

I personally went on her show multiple times detailing election issues in Georgia. I was sitting in the room along with her and Rudy Giuliani and others at the Georgia Capitol listening to all the testimony during the Senate hearings. Testimony from voters, election workers, detailing FRAUD, procedural violations, and so much more.

I just can’t for the life of me understand how she could say that if she knew then, what she knew now, she would have DECLINED to represent Trump. Like what the hell do YOU know now, Jenna? Please enlighten me. Did they force you to read that letter? Was that part of the plea deal? I really don’t get it.

If I ever apologize and tell you all that there was no 2020 election fraud in Georgia, I can promise you right now, it’s being said under duress. That election was a complete show!! Fraud, mules, irregularities, corruption, deception, coverups, money laundering. The list goes on.

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Even after taking all that money in donations. Its a scary position to be in. But for her to read that BS letter insinuating GA wasn’t riddled with fraud & corruption, & that she just trusted the wrong people, is DIRTY. All while claiming to be Christian.

I personally went on her show multiple times detailing election issues in Georgia. I was sitting in the room along with her and Rudy Giuliani and others at the Georgia Capitol listening to all the testimony during the Senate hearings. Testimony from voters, election workers, detailing FRAUD, procedural violations, and so much more.

I just can’t for the life of me understand how she could say that if she knew then, what she knew now, she would have DECLINED to represent Trump. Like what the hell do YOU know now, Jenna? Please enlighten me. Did they force you to read that letter? Was that part of the plea deal? I really don’t get it.

If I ever apologize and tell you all that there was no 2020 election fraud in Georgia, I can promise you right now, it’s being said under duress. That election was a complete show!! Fraud, mules, irregularities, corruption, deception, coverups, money laundering. The list goes on.

Don't stick your dick in crazy? That's all I got. 

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

/ConnorMcGregor

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

So much fraud! Everywhere!

Fine, show me some.

Um well you see the thing about that is um let me get back to you....

• Hook 'Em 2

I would like to ask this dude, "so, what do you want to do when you're president again?" 

I mean, I know he just wants to get paid. 
Or you can pay attention to all the horrible stuff he Says he plans to do.

Like in 2016 it's all out in the open if you just listen to that asshole.
  • Hook 'Em 4

12 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

it wouldn't be hard to fool trump.  You could have a microphone that looks like a microphone and Trump would still blather on about all his crimes.

Meadows brought in one of these and Trump took it from there 

B29C00F7-0678-4F70-98C3-C8E586A64084.thumb.jpeg.daa1fb7a13dabc3686bd03a534510402.jpeg

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Severely punished in court speak = $5,000 fine

Trump could call for the execution of the law clerk every day and the Judge will issue a strongly worded letter

The sanctions for violating the gag order are going to escalate.  Not sure at this point it's going to be jail, maybe 25k or 50k.

The problem for the judge here in these kinds of cases is that they are the sole arbiter of violation and punishment, and there's usually a personal element to it.  So the sanctions have to be progressive.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The sanctions for violating the gag order are going to escalate.  Not sure at this point it's going to be jail, maybe 25k or 50k.

The problem for the judge here in these kinds of cases is that they are the sole arbiter of violation and punishment, and there's usually a personal element to it.  So the sanctions have to be progressive.

What happens when dotard doesn't pay up?

14 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

"Should I even be showing you this?  People say I shouldn't show this around, but do you know what this beautiful thing is? Nobody talks about it, but it's so beautiful and maybe it's against the law to show you, but I'm President, and I can show it to you because I was the top law enforcement officers in the country. Oh yes, I was over the attorney general so that makes me the top."

I mean, y'all are joking, but this is exactly why there are two Bob Woodward books about Trump: Because after the first one came out, only with interviews with people in Trump's circle, Trump was upset that Woodward never spoke to him directly, so he invited Woodward for a do-over, thinking that the second time around would be... better?

Spoiler

it wasn't

• Hook 'Em 1