45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

56 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Compare W's remarks, to Trump's.  https://bearingdrift.com/2017/07/25/2005-jamboree-president-george-w-bush-knew-address-boy-scouts/

The "second dumbest" POTUS compared to the dumbest.  Jury's still out on both of them, but I don't think W will go down as the worst or dumbest, or even second or third, but I know who the all-timer would be.  At least I know W has a soul, misguided as he may have been at times.

A war criminal and a traitor walk into a bar…

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Compare W's remarks, to Trump's.  https://bearingdrift.com/2017/07/25/2005-jamboree-president-george-w-bush-knew-address-boy-scouts/
The "second dumbest" POTUS compared to the dumbest.  Jury's still out on both of them, but I don't think W will go down as the worst or dumbest, or even second or third, but I know who the all-timer would be.  At least I know W has a soul, misguided as he may have been at times.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

If it's anything like what he saw in Putins soul, debatable. Bush blew up a whole shitload of Arabs so that haliburton could make sweet sweet quarterly growth

Dubya did it so he could get reelected. Cheney backed it so sanctions could be lifted and Iraqi oil could flow on international markets, and if his old pals at Haliburton happened to reap a windfall (along with huge no-bid government contracts) then where’s the harm in that?

I was at the ‘89 Jamboree. Getting to see the President speak was a big deal to me and many others. It was the first time I’d seen a President in real life (tfg is the only one I haven’t seen in person since). It was pretty cool hearing the POTUS essentially telling us to keep up the good work and we were going places. It was totally apolitical. If the same speech was given by my basketball coach I wouldn’t have been surprised. Also got to hear Lee Greenwood sing that one song - you know the one - like every other day. That became a bit of a joke. In any case, it was exactly what it should have been - encouraging young people to do their best and stay on the right path. Not hard at all rhetorically and something all Americans can agree on.

I found tfg’s speech abhorrent and it’s pretty entrenched in my memory as a prime example of his malevolence. He was flat out trying to corrupt youth. I’m sure I said so here at the time. But literally every day during those black years there was something off the charts. They better bin Laden that mf’er or his grave is gonna make the porta potties at ACLFest look like the gardens at Versailles. I know I intend to do my part. But seeing him suffer through these trials will be some small consolation.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

I was at the ‘89 Jamboree. Getting to see the President speak was a big deal to me and many others. It was the first time I’d seen a President in real life (tfg is the only one I haven’t seen in person since). It was pretty cool hearing the POTUS essentially telling us to keep up the good work and we were going places. It was totally apolitical. If the same speech was given by my basketball coach I wouldn’t have been surprised. Also got to hear Lee Greenwood sing that one song - you know the one - like every other day. That became a bit of a joke. In any case, it was exactly what it should have been - encouraging young people to do their best and stay on the right path. Not hard at all rhetorically and something all Americans can agree on.

I found tfg’s speech abhorrent and it’s pretty entrenched in my memory as a prime example of his malevolence. He was flat out trying to corrupt youth. I’m sure I said so here at the time. But literally every day during those black years there was something off the charts. They better bin Laden that mf’er or his grave is gonna make the porta potties at ACLFest look like the gardens at Versailles. I know I intend to do my part. But seeing him suffer through these trials will be some small consolation.

I was at ‘85 (Nancy’s just say no visit) and on staff at ‘89.

I remember Spielberg’s award more than the president, but those were more innocent times for sure.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Trump’s own legal team telling their PR flack/“journalist” that they’ve got Haberman in their pocket sure is a unique legal strategy.

However, it’s perfectly in line with Trump’s habit of further and further humiliating his followers, so that they’ll debase themselves so thoroughly they’ve got no social or professional prospects outside the Trump umbrella.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Trump’s own legal team telling their PR flack/“journalist” that they’ve got Haberman in their pocket sure is a unique legal strategy.

However, it’s perfectly in line with Trump’s habit of further and further humiliating his followers, so that they’ll debase themselves so thoroughly they’ve got no social or professional prospects outside the Trump umbrella.

Funny. I guess no one told them she’s just a dumbass. 

• Hook 'Em 4

On 11/11/2023 at 12:26 PM, nbmishoid said:

Trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.   Trump in a nutshell.

"...to help other people at all times.  To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight."  

As if.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

That is a thing. That actually happened. Every single one of those fuckers who tried to overthrow my government should have been shot. Gasping their last as they bled out on the Capitol steps, with a sucking chest wound. Just enough time to experience the fear and certainty of their rapidly approaching death, knowing that was the price they paid for their idiotic treason.
We should have finished this. Right then and there.
I'd prefer hanging or guillotine in front of the capitol and aired on tv. This is what happens when you commit treason and try to overthrow the federal government.

You have to send a message that this is unacceptable and the consequences are severe. But yeah, everyone convicted so far has gotten off easy.
  • Hook 'Em 4

35 minutes ago, Red Five said:

So, last Monday was when Dotard promised to reveal this super awesome document that would prove his innocence (honestly, I don't remember which set of felonies it referred to). I wonder what happened. Maybe he misplaced it. 

DAMMIT!  I was so ready for this.  Someone needs to remind him.  I'm sure he just forgot.

Could we make a like a bizzaro-world advent calendar?  Where it's the dates of all the shit that Lindell, Rudy, Trump, et. al. have promised us would come in two weeks (or I guess in this case the 22-28 days of the Gregorian Advent)?  And just like you can open the little date door and get a chocolate or small toy, this one would have all the broken promises and grifted dreams of their acolytes?  That could be marketable, right?  Just a constant, daily reminder of everything they told you never coming to fruition.  Kinda like a holiday of broken dreams and false messiahs.  Yet another thing we could make a fortune on but for the death threats on our loved ones.  We could even MSpaint the cover.

• Hook 'Em 2

Nope, wrong.

Jeb Bush invaded Iraq.

Trump defeated Obama in 2016 because of Afghanistan.  

Biden will start World War II if re-elected.

McCain wasn't a war hero in Vietnam. 

Washington won the Revolutionary War by defeating the British at the Airport Ramps. 

Orban is gonna lead Turkey out of NATO because of unjust Ukrainian aid by our current government.

you know he's got a fantastic quote coming up about the French and Indian War.  It's okay to not have a working knowledge of U.S. military history.  But when you've been and want to again be, a Commander-in-Chief of the most powerful Armed Forces in global history...a cursory knowledge wouldn't kill you.  But I wish it would.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

So, last Monday was when Dotard promised to reveal this super awesome document that would prove his innocence (honestly, I don't remember which set of felonies it referred to). I wonder what happened. Maybe he misplaced it. 

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I think he ate it.  Or flushed it.  Either way, Heinz outside shoulda told ya'! 

2 hours ago, nbmishoid said:

With all those other revelations 

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

DAMMIT!  I was so ready for this.  Someone needs to remind him.  I'm sure he just forgot.

Mike Lindell was in charge of releasing the evidence.  It's a rolling 2-weeks.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

George-HW-Bush-Hagiography-GQ-2018-12031

Bush enjoyed record high approval ratings during the first Gulf War. But he didn’t pursue Saddam’s fleeing army into Iraq because he (rightly) didn’t want to wind up in a quagmire. When hostilities against Iraq ceased, the elder Bush’s approval rating fell. Dubya wasn’t going to make that mistake. He was going to do something his dad didn’t do. He was going to invade Iraq and get re-elected. 

44 minutes ago, The Dog said:

image.thumb.png.e872cdbd7614b179d3f2a5598eca76a3.png

Blah blah blah -- that lying, remorseless, treasonous chunk of fetid fecal sludge can burn in fucking hell.  She betrayed my country, and was a party to its attempted murder.  The sooner she eats a bullet or ODs like the pathetic cowardly shitstain she is, the better.

• Hook 'Em 5