2023 Rangers/Astros thread of hate

ztejas

29 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I mean this is the most aggy shit I've ever seen in my life. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

That's pretty lame

Well the Astros are kind of lame as a franchise. They pimp their 7 ALCS appearances but at the end of the day they're (sort of) up just 2 to 1 on us when it comes to titles. 

Granted a LOT of the baseball world doesn't recognize one of those titles. So one of them they have to eternally defend and they'll never feel fully satisfied with. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

AL West will be damn fun again next year. Only scary thing is the Rangers could potentially be a lot better if they stay healthy. 

We are most certainly here to stay. Jung ROTY if he doesn’t miss 37 games. Evan Carter speaks for himself. Monty will get a Brinks truck. Seager, Semien, and Adolis will piss you off until they retire. Oh, Wyatt Langford. Lol fuck Houston. 

• Drool 2

11 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

We are most certainly here to stay. Jung ROTY if he doesn’t miss 37 games. Evan Carter speaks for himself. Monty will get a Brinks truck. Seager, Semien, and Adolis will piss you off until they retire. Oh, Wyatt Langford. Lol fuck Houston. 

Yeah, I'm honestly having a difficult time understanding how the Braves and Dodgers opened as favorites next year. 

Eovaldi, Scherzer, Gray and DeGrom all have health issues but if they stay even somewhat healthy next year the Rangers should be better. Do you think they try to resign Montgomery? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Yeah, I'm honestly having a difficult time understanding how the Braves and Dodgers opened as favorites next year. 

Eovaldi, Scherzer, Gray and DeGrom all have health issues but if they stay even somewhat healthy next year the Rangers should be better. Do you think they try to resign Montgomery? 

Yea, I think this locker room is close, they do whatever it takes. He seems to have gelled immediately and doesn’t seem partial to a region. Been spurned by NY and STL, here’s to hoping he found home. 

Eov and Gray will be just fine. Degrom maybe not shoving until ASB, Max at this point you just have a #4 and great locker room presence. Hard to find a negative. 

Edited by brojangles2

8 hours ago, brojangles2 said:

Pretty sure Evan Carter is still eligible to win AL Rookie of the Year in 2024

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, WBT said:

Because they were a lot better this year?

They were a lot better this year because of Rangers injuries. You can make an argument the Rangers had the worst injury luck in the MLB. 

Considering rosters and manager, I definitely wouldn’t have the Dodgers as favorites over the Rangers next year. Probably a couple other teams too (Astros). The ESPN power rankings have it as Braves 1 and Rangers 2 then the Dodgers much lower. That at least makes some sense but think I would have the Rangers #1 considering what they potentially return and Bochy.  

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WBT said:

Congrats to the Rangers.

We're still not rivals.  f selig forever.

Wishing it weren’t so doesn’t make it not so. Guarantee April 10th or whenever we play again is circled in the Astros clubhouse and there will be blood (beaning Garcia for dominating the Astros, benches clear, etc.)

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

They were a lot better this year because of Rangers injuries. You can make an argument the Rangers had the worst injury luck in the MLB. 

Considering rosters and manager, I definitely wouldn’t have the Dodgers as favorites over the Rangers next year. Probably a couple other teams too (Astros). The ESPN power rankings have it as Braves 1 and Rangers 2 then the Dodgers much lower. That at least makes some sense but think I would have the Rangers #1 considering what they potentially return and Bochy.  

I know it's Astros / Rangers up in here but speaking of Dodgers, they are whimpering a bit having to watch Seager and Sborz play massive roles in this World Series win.

The Dodgers traded Sborz in 2021 after being DFA'ed when they signed Trevor Bauer.

Frustrated World Cup GIF

And on the topic of “Rangers aren’t our rivals” and other disassociation coping mechanisms that folks like WBT employ to console themselves watching the Rangers bask in glory, if I was an Astros fan my perspective would be the Astros better treat the Rangers as rival numero uno.

If the Astros aren’t festering and eaten up by being absolutely embarrassed at home by Garcia and co. and letting that inspire and fuel them to play with more pride and urgency (e.g. Tucker, Peña, Dubon, etc) and continue to lean on Altuve, Yordan and “we are Houston”, they will be in for a rough go of it again next year. Especially breaking in a new manager; a new manager that ain’t gonna be a future HOFer and turnkey great like Bochy was this year.

So yea, don’t approach us next year with the hatred and chippiness reserved for a rival, that will be fun for us to watch.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

AL West will be damn fun again next year. Only scary thing is the Rangers could potentially be a lot better if they stay healthy. 

The Astros had no significant injuries in 2023…