2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I’ll ask here.  I feel like there were moments when cook was vocal about under utilized last season.  With golden and bond in   How does this affect the young guys 

Would be worried more about Niblett/Moore than Cook. The issue last season was having 3 freshman behind the core not having enough experience to trust in big moments. We should have more rotation with those 3 and 2 experienced receivers coming in. The question is will Wingo be ready to go and push one of those out. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Sir Ulrich said:

Would be worried more about Niblett/Moore than Cook. The issue last season was having 3 freshman behind the core not having enough experience to trust in big moments. We should have more rotation with those 3 and 2 experienced receivers coming in. The question is will Wingo be ready to go and push one of those out. 

Ryan Williams also.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Sir Ulrich said:

I'm not worried about either of those guys really. If guys are leaving because better players are ahead of them, understandable and good for the program. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I’ll ask here.  I feel like there were moments when cook was vocal about underutilized last season.  With golden and bond in   How does this affect the young guys 
Cook, Bond, and Golden will be fucking lethal. With Sark's tight WR rotation, I do expect some attrition but Sark has proven if you give him time, learn your craft and the system...he will get you in the league.

Nibblet, D. Moore will sit and marinate and then be just fine when their name is called. If not good luck in the portal. I am.not worried about it. Shit will play itself out but I also expect them to play more in 24'.

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, MrX said:

Seems like Bond, Golden, Cook are your top three and will play the heavy snaps…

Which one is going to do all the grunt work like blocking and stay satisfied getting minimal targets while wide open?

Whittington was a blessing. 

Well, WR is taking care of itself.  It has to help the young guys see the longterm goal when that older dudes want to come here to improve their draft stock (I'm sticking with this until proven otherwise).

Also, I thought this was a funny turn around of yesterday's news cycle:

Screenshot_20240114_100547_Google.thumb.jpg.2b12e98e896ba378fcbd5442c51affb6.jpg

Edited by JBJ

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

Have any of the 995ers mentioned Staes again since Sanders declared or are we on cruise control till spring portal season?

Nahlin (IT) mentioned in a question about Texas being ‘done’ at TE that Sark/Texas are very high on Juan Davis.  

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Have any of the 995ers mentioned Staes again since Sanders declared or are we on cruise control till spring portal season?

They mentioned it, but it sounded like it may be too late since he has been locked in with Tenn for a few weeks and classes are starting.

1 hour ago, TankedBevo said:

You gotta think Sark will be going to go 4 wide most of the time now that JT is leaving. 

More 11 personnel for sure. Texas probably ran more than 50% from 12 personnel last year. Bond, Golden, and Cook are going to wreck shop in the SEC. Plus the guys behind them will have another year of experience, so Sarkisian may allow a little more subbing.

Last year, Nibblet, Cook, and Moore were all 1st year guys, so you can understand why Sarkisian didn't want to sub a lot. I bet moving forward we see those guys on the field for more than just blowout action.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

They had to know they weren’t getting Bond. Elk out front should have told them.

Why would they even want him, I thought they had circled back to being all about coaching up 2 & 3 stars from places like Old Dominion.  

Oh wait, they lost that coveted ODU transfer to the Elk's old team, didn't they?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I feel like he's gotten way worse too. 

I think my lasting memory of Boyd will be a from a podcast a couple of months ago. Wadlington had to explain a couple of things to him, during the episode. 1) College overtime rules. Boyd was completely lost. 2) That 9-1 or whatever Texas would benefit from undefeated Washington losing a game. He didn't understand why Texas fans were pulling for Washington to lose. Something like "Their results have no bearing on Texas." 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.