2024 Transfer Thread - Watching victory88 & Friends Ignorantly Bawl All Over Themselves

5 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Because he runs a 4.8, takes horrible tackling angles, and is a total liability? See the first deep pass for UW, for example.

However, he's a LFL, and I wish him success.

Or standing around watching OU score the game winning TD

• Rage+1 1

46 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

-Thompson’s getting processed and it’s easy to see why. Just watch that long ball to Polk from the CFP. 

10 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Because he runs a 4.8, takes horrible tackling angles, and is a total liability? See the first deep pass for UW, for example.

However, he's a LFL, and I wish him success.

Definitely easy to see why, but we have rarely had a coaching staff willing to make such a move to remove a multi-year starter. Very positive news.

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Didn't Watts play safety for a while at tOSU? Was he any good at it?

I believe that was part of the reason why he left there. He still believed he was a corner, but wasn't being used in a way that let him be successful.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Still can't believe people act like 5 star WR's are spares and it takes such a transition from HS to college. It's the easiest position to transition to.

I'd say RB is, but yeah guys look Cook and Wingo shouldn't be needing adjustment years.  Cook came into a loaded room, but it's not exactly a stretch to expect these guys to be able to contribute early given their status.

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

RS SR Watts (if he returns)

SR Andrew Mukuba (nickel or safety)

RS JR Taaffe

SO Derek Williams

RS FR Jelani McDonald

FR Xavier Filsaime

FR JJR

Maybe Austin Jordan moves to safety too?

I can’t remember who, but someone reputable said that Gary Patterson thought Austin Jordan would make a good safety. 

34 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Kobe Black will begin at Corner and I believe I've heard potentially move to safety after he's gained weight (could have sworn I heard Bobby allude to this).  '24 signee and EE

Wardell Mack will play Corner I believe.  '24 signee and EE

Santana Wilson will play Corner I believe.  Belief that he will move to safety?  '24 signee and not an EE

At the signing day press conference where he discussed each of the new signees, Sark said each defensive backfield recruit in the class of '24 has the ability to play multiple positions.

17 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I'd say RB is, but yeah guys look Cook and Wingo shouldn't be needing adjustment years.  Cook came into a loaded room, but it's not exactly a stretch to expect these guys to be able to contribute early given their status.

Wingo is pretty raw and Sark's system isn't the easiest to learn for WRs. He could get in rotationally like Cook did this year if he picks things up quick enough.

Just now, Atticus said:

Wingo is pretty raw and Sark's system isn't the easiest to learn for WRs. He could get in rotationally like Cook did this year if he picks things up quick enough.

I wonder if Sark is going to rotate more at receiver next year or stick with the lack of rotation at the position? I think next year the WR is more talented from top to bottom and could warrant more rotations.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I wonder if Sark is going to rotate more at receiver next year or stick with the lack of rotation at the position? I think next year the WR is more talented from top to bottom and could warrant more rotations.

I don't think lack of talent has anything to do with Sark's rotations.  I think he just wants his most talented guys out there as often as possible.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Bunch of jags in Shannon, Randle, Davis, and Washington

Ice Cube Reaction GIF

How the hell are all those players deemed JAGS when we have only seen one of them play any significant(maybe) time at all.

Edited by Longhornlove
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Ice Cube Reaction GIF

How the hell are all those players deemed JAGS when we have only seen one of the play any significant(maybe) time at all.

And one is a senior in high school who just signed his LOI.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

Ice Cube Reaction GIF

How the hell are all those players deemed JAGS when we have only seen one of the play any significant(maybe) time at all.

Shannon and Washington will both be good players. Shannon might be a bigger Gunner Helm and Washington will be the downfield threat. TBD on Randle coming off of his injury, and I would not be surprised to see Juan Davis transfer in the spring. 6th street gonna 6th street. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

SIAP - But Bobby reiterated this morning that Texas is still pursuing Jamaree Caldwell, the star DT out of Univ of Houston, and that any grade issues are currently being worked out.

https://247sports.com/player/jamaree-caldwell-46135324/

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/jamaree-caldwell-1.html

image.thumb.png.77a7983c3676431566eddc71984ee38d.png

Any word on Trill Carter? 

Collins, Carter, Caldwell and the interior DL would be a real strength again next year. 

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

Brooks probably better off going pro than splitting carries with Baxter/Blue to start the year as he recovers from ACL surgery.

WR rotation probably looks like Cook, Golden, and Wingo with Niblett and Moore off the bench. 

TE is thin behind Helm. 

TE is thin even with Helm if Sanders is gone and that seems about 95% likely.

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

Shannon and Washington will both be good players. Shannon might be a bigger Gunner Helm and Washington will be the downfield threat. TBD on Randle coming off of his injury, and I would not be surprised to see Juan Davis transfer in the spring. 6th street gonna 6th street. 

Yeah, the GIF said it all, I shouldn't have typed anything.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, pacman said:

stark contrast to the philosophy on the other side of the ball

DL is a very tiring position to play, especially considering the size of the players doing it.

Guys like Bralen Trice, who was recruited and partially developed by PK, are rare. Dude has an incredible motor and burst for how many snaps he plays.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

TE is thin even with Helm if Sanders is gone and that seems about 95% likely.

I guess about once a page someone needs to say that we are not done in the portal, and will get a TE and another WR. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

I guess about once a page someone needs to say that we are not done in the portal, and will get a TE and another WR. 

Yes, but lots of talk about Wr's, and we already got Golden. Not much talk about who that TE might be.

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think Trill is expected back.

I think our DL is going to be better next year. 

Assuming all 3 of those interior DL are at Texas next year we will be very experienced and talented inside. A drop-off from Sweat and Murphy but not terrible. Then with the Edge additions of Moore and Simmons we should be much more talented at that position. 

Overall, I really like this DL moving forward if Trill returns and they land Caldwell. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

JFC man. Our WR room is weak next year. Rotating a bunch of guys would be a very stupid idea. 

We’re not talented from top to bottom at WR. There just aren’t 3 guys fans know will be good next year. Sark will use the offseason to determine the 3-4 best guys and give them the lion’s share of the snaps just like he has for two decades now. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I have no idea what his tweet means. 

Well, assuming LSU is replacing their entire defensive staff as reported in another thread, I took it to mean he wants to increase his NIL $$$ or he's walking, since his attachment to the staff isn't there anymore. Just a shot in the dark though.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

The $9.95ers constantly fall into various echo chamber traps that they all wind up repeating mercilessly. One of those is that there is actually no such thing as a true tackle prospect. Every tackle prospect will probably wind up at guard. Yet somehow, two tackles are fielded per team every week during the college football season, and some of them are very good. A second one is similar, although it is newer, and that is the subtle notion that no CB above 5'9" or weighing more than 180 lbs is actually going to be a real CB. They're all going to spin to NB or S. Kobe Black has been hawt-taked into this premise at warp speed. In October, he was a 5 star CB. Now that he's visited some more places and been measured after his senior season, he's a 4 star Safety. We'll see, said the zen master.

Yep, this is the most irritating thing they do when evaluating prospects. I don't give a shit if the guy is a future starting NFL left tackle. There are only 32 of those in the world, or maybe 3-4 every year. Meanwhile there is a starting left tackle on every college football team every year. Almost by definition there will be a first team all conference left tackle in a power conference who never starts at that position in the NFL. But you can sure as shit win a national championship with him. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Well, assuming LSU is replacing their entire defensive staff as reported in another thread, I took it to mean he wants to increase his NIL $$$ or he's walking, since his attachment to the staff isn't there anymore. Just a shot in the dark though.

I think his attachment to LSU is the fact that he's from NOLA. Doubt he goes anywhere.

11 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Or maybe his gf is pregnant.

9 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Any word on Derion Gullette?

He was the LB/Edge that was injured his senior year in high school. It's been over a year since he hurt his knee in the summer of 2022. He sounded really promising as a pass rusher.

I believe Bobby mentioned in one of his videos that Gullette had looked good in bowl practices.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

A+ for the thread title change. 

The Denver Harris news is incredible. It seems like he'd have to be paying into the school's NIL collective to come back, but with aggy you never can tell. 

Maybe that parking garage has been imploded. Sort of like the old tackle box...and the current football program. 

• Haha 1

Why would Jerrin portal?

Honestly I forgot he had eligibility left. Sneaky COVID years still out there. I do feel for a kid who has put four years in and meets that end but I hope it’s true. He is maxed out, not a pro prospect, and the safety position badly needs an upgrade.
That would be good news.

Could be great news if he really commits himself and makes a jump like Sweat and Coburn did the past two years. 

Still want Caldwell tho. 

he looked committed this season

Collins played pretty well this year. I assume he got the “look at Sweat/Coburn” sell and will be in the first rotation. If he works and plays with the contract year motivation Sweat did he could definitely be an all SEC type and make himself some money.
I believe that was part of the reason why he left there. He still believed he was a corner, but wasn't being used in a way that let him be successful.

He’s two years older and wiser, and probably has an easier time accepting that his pro prospects are likely better at S than CB. At least that’s the narrative I’m running with if that ultimately comes to fruition.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Well - fuck.  I know it was unreasonable given their draft prospects - but I was really holding out hope that one of Sanders/Mitchell would return next season.  Johntay Cook is going to feast next season I'd guess.

I was really starting to dream about Mitchell in particular. He's likely a round 2 or 3 guy now, but I had visions of him returning, being our 1A next year, catching a million balls, improving his route running, and being a surefire 1st rounder.

1 minute ago, tokamak said:

I was really starting to dream about Mitchell in particular. He's likely a round 2 or 3 guy now, but I had visions of him returning, being our 1A next year, catching a million balls, improving his route running, and being a surefire 1st rounder.

He has a baby and baby momma to support. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Watching victory88 & Friends Ignorantly Bawl All Over Themselves