2023 Fall Camp Thread of Dominance

USMCHorn

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This is the worst play call in football. It’s just narcissism from OCs. Low percentage trash and it angers me every time I see one. 

Whips, slants and crosses are far higher percentage routes on the goal line. 

Sounds like you’re in the wrong profession!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

The Arch news is great but should not be a surprise. He should get blowout reps by the end of the year provided Quinn and the 1st team do what they should do. Any notion that Murphy was going to start next year was just wishcasting. 

I’m not writing Murphy off but it was wild to see the reactions from people when he was torching 4th string walk ons in the spring game.

Edited by Hookem2147

The Arch news is great but should not be a surprise. He should get blowout reps by the end of the year provided Quinn and the 1st team do what they should do. Any notion that Murphy was going to start next year was just wishcasting. 
Year 3 in the program is when Arch will be in his college prime. Anyone hoping for more simply needs to register on texaggy.com and stay there.
  • Hook 'Em 8

13 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I got invited to a "BBQ" in Wisconsin one time. 

The "BBQ" turned out to be ground beef Sloppy Joe's made with BBQ sauce and served out of a crock-pot.  At least there was plenty of cold beer being that it was Wisconsin and all, so that was nice.

200.gif

6 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

They are raving about the freshmen. Lefau showing out. Hill and Walton disruptive. Cook named with Mitchell as the 2 best WRs. Arch the only QB, without a turnover. Kind of funny on Sydir. “Sydir may only be able to play 3 snaps, but he gets everything out of those 3”. Been a long time since Texas had this kind of depth 

42 minutes ago, ousux said:
50 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Year 3 in the program is when Arch will be in his college prime. Anyone hoping for more simply needs to register on texaggy.com and stay there.

Huh? There are star sophomore and redshirt freshman QBs dotting the landscape of every college football season. The idea that Manning couldn’t be that and he won’t be ready until year 3 is limp silliness. Get a fucking grip. 

• Hook 'Em 6

48 minutes ago, ousux said:
55 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

That year of starting experience will serve him well going into S3

6 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Lefau is a poor man’s Colin Simmons or nah?

No…. Lefau is a pure off ball ILB. Best comment I heard was “he doesn’t go backwards”. Had a big hit on Sanders. Came in looking advanced in coverage. His skills are very complimentary with Hill. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, cmontexas said:

Sounds like the South Oak Cliff boys came to college ready for the next level

Gundy has been a witch at edge evaluations. I had a feeling Walton was going to outperform at some point. If we can get some consistency at edge without needing to put Hill out there then I think this defense is going to dominate some people.

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

As I said the other day, I see no way he isn’t starting game 1. Too much talent to not play over Gbenda 

I think he's going to have more of a "designated missile" role, as opposed to an every down LB. At least to start the season.

Watching him and Simmons on the field together for two years sure will be fun. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I think he's going to have more of a "designated missile" role, as opposed to an every down LB. At least to start the season.

Idk man I think he’s going to start with starter play counts. Everyone of the players mentions him in all their interviews, coaches praise for him, and 995 praise is just insane. I think similar to Ctj the other day that if you only use him as a missile it makes it too telegraphed. You’d get more out of having him consistently out there coming at different times 

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Idk man I think he’s going to start with starter play counts. Everyone of the players mentions him in all their interviews, coaches praise for him, and 995 praise is just insane. I think similar to Ctj the other day that if you only use him as a missile it makes it too telegraphed. You’d get more out of having him consistently out there coming at different times 

That would be fine with me. I'm not exactly itching to see a bunch of Gbenda. 

It’s so hot right now I think building depth and swapping guys in is key vs worrying who is “every” down. Turf going to be blistering. Heard quote from Sark that for Rice game he expects it to be like 130 degrees. Hyperbole or not from a HC , it’s going to be hot as shit. 

Nice thing is Texas has depth on defense (even if it is young) to spell the starters. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

It’s so hot right now I think building depth and swapping guys in is key vs worrying who is “every” down. Turf going to be blistering. Heard quote from Sark that for Rice game he expects it to be like 130 degrees. Hyperbole or not from a HC , it’s going to be hot as shit. 

Nice thing is Texas has depth on defense (even if it is young) to spell the starters. 

I can barely walk my dogs in this heat at 4 pm (it will be about halftime then). I can't imagine playing a football game in pads. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

That isn't Hyperbole, I played 2 games in the State Tournament at Disch-Falk in 1994, it was 98 degrees with over 90% humidity, they had thermometers on the field reading 125.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I can barely walk my dogs in this heat at 4 pm (it will be about halftime then). I can't imagine playing a football game in pads. 

Honestly, It is worse out of pads than in pads in the sun. The helmet and shoulder pads blocks the direct sun from hitting you, and once you get drenched in sweat it really isnt that bad. Humidity is what kills you in pads. We played a game in victoria one time with humidity at 90+% and I thought I was going to die.

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

That isn't Hyperbole, I played 2 games in the State Tournament at Disch-Falk in 1994, it was 98 degrees with over 90% humidity, they had thermometers on the field reading 125.

And that was a pussy sport

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This is the worst play call in football. It’s just narcissism from OCs. Low percentage trash and it angers me every time I see one. 

Whips, slants and crosses are far higher percentage routes on the goal line. 

Those also become interceptions at a much higher percentage close to the goal line. As much as I dislike the fade it's been called year after year from HS all the way to the NFL because it doesn't get intercepted much. It either has to be an absolutely horrendous throw or the receiver has to fall down for it to get intercepted. 

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Totally agree. He had a sack. He can fit in that Overshown role, as the primary blitzer and occasionally coming off the edge. Probably be more focused on blitzing and rushing the QB early in the season. He is just too disruptive. You have to find ways to get him on the field,  as he adjusts to playing off ball LB in college.