The big 12 is total and utter garbage

Wulaw Horn

47 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

Lmao at the BYU guy waking up and negging Texas fans making fun of the Big 12 on a Texas site. Although I’d be raging too if we could only score 14 against Sam Houston.

All those negs came when they were struggling against Sam Houston.   Better to let the dude vent here than kick his dog.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yormark is nothing but another traveling salesman hocking a shitty product. And when the people he's sold it to are left holding a big bag of shit in a few years, he will have moved on, as traveling salesmen do.

Yep. He's always given me the impression that he sees this as his stepping stone to something else.  Probably something non college football related. 

26 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I honestly try to not overreact to week 1 as everyone is starting from zero. That said, if Deion keeps winning and stays at CU for at least 3 seasons, they will run this conference easily as his talent gap will be so massive compared to the rest of the Big 12. They're the best locale to recruit to after Texas leaves and have the single biggest personality for a head coach who will get to pick the kids he wants to join him. And I am here for it. 

I think a place like tcu or ucf “could” recruit well based on proximity.  But yea I’d expect Deion to win. A lot of battles

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Rape fingers is still completely coasting off the name and success from 10 years ago. He's a shitty coach.

Briles JR is really a shitty situational coordinator. That was even obvious at Arkansas. 

When the run game is working you can expect him to abandon it. When the passing game is working you can expect him to abandon it. I don't think he's a bad coordinator from a schematic standpoint but some coordinators just don't know how to manage the game on Saturdays. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Briles JR is really a shitty situational coordinator. That was even obvious at Arkansas. 
When the run game is working you can expect him to abandon it. When the passing game is working you can expect him to abandon it. I don't think he's a bad coordinator from a schematic standpoint but some coordinators just don't know how to manage the game on Saturdays. 

Briles Jr is horrible. He does minimal prep as he believes a game should come to him as it goes on. He is enamoured of his trick plays and does the most unexpected thing so often opposing teams expect it. He kills tempo by staring at his play sheet and that he doesn’t think about the next play until the whistle blows. He wears out his linemen having them in a stance while the backfield makes numerous dumb shifts.

The fact that Dykes hired him points to inadequacies in Spike’s mental ability.
  • Hook 'Em 2

It’s only a matter of time for teams like TCU and Baylor once the previous coaches players are gone that the true team shows up.  TCU’s defense is awful. The only way they win is they score 50 every game.  Rhule’s players are gone so Baylor is going to be bad going forward. Tech will probably not be that bad but will only be dangerous at home.  Probably the only teams of the leftovers to worry about is OSU and Kstate.   After week one the conference this year is between OU and Texas unless the officials go scorched earth which would not in anyway surprise me. 

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yormark is nothing but another traveling salesman hocking a shitty product. And when the people he's sold it to are left holding a big bag of shit in a few years, he will have moved on, as traveling salesmen do.

Definitely has a Steve Patterson vibe doesn’t he? This conference is going to be a steaming pile of shit when he’s finally fired. If he had his way, UConn would be in the conference.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, stork642 said:

It’s only a matter of time for teams like TCU and Baylor once the previous coaches players are gone that the true team shows up.  TCU’s defense is awful. The only way they win is they score 50 every game.  Rhule’s players are gone so Baylor is going to be bad going forward. Tech will probably not be that bad but will only be dangerous at home.  Probably the only teams of the leftovers to worry about is OSU and Kstate.   After week one the conference this year is between OU and Texas unless the officials go scorched earth which would not in anyway surprise me. 

OSU looked a lot worse than TCU. I wouldn't be worried about them.

That’s why I still like this conference. Lol Baylor, lol Tech. Also OSU will be fine. Playing everyone on the bench and doing just enough to win an early FCS game is a Gundy Special. We did it v. Missouri State in 2021 and finished 12-2 with a Fiesta Bowl win v Notre Dame. There’s nothing to learn from that game. I still think we’ll be pretty good. Don’t know for sure but I don’t feel any worse about the season outlook. 

Also, LOL Spencer Sanders. Leaves a starting position to sit the bench for Joey Freshwater and Dart looks like he has the job for good.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

He has the same values as his dad.  Hiring him was idiotic.  He is worse than that OSU asshole who kept trying to trash Tom Herman.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Briles Jr is horrible. He does minimal prep as he believes a game should come to him as it goes on. He is enamoured of his trick plays and does the most unexpected thing so often opposing teams expect it. He kills tempo by staring at his play sheet and that he doesn’t think about the next play until the whistle blows. He wears out his linemen having them in a stance while the backfield makes numerous dumb shifts.

The fact that Dykes hired him points to inadequacies in Spike’s mental ability.

Spike?  He's been dead for 6 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

You’re better than that. New deal expires in 2031. Wonder why the tv deal was extended only for six years past the current deals expiration? I’m sure the deal that is struck in 5 years will be amazing with the new additions, doubt you’ll even notice we’re gone when you’re playing in front of 20k at cougar high.