5 sacks, 9 TFL, 2 picks

TexArcher

The noise out of Spring and Fall ball was that the D is legit. CTJ made a few posts about guests at practices coming away with that same observation. It's been a long time since we had a D this fucking good. If the O can keep improving, and Quinn keeps playing at this level, this really is a playoff team. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Yeah…we totally shoulda fired the HC and the DC midway through their first season like a bunch of fucks on this site were pitching for.

This is what I’m referencing 

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

On Burke's sack, the was tackled to the ground into Milroe's leg. I was beyond pissed nothing called. We got the sack but fuck that shit.

They announcers said it looked like the refs were going to throw the flag, but since we got the sack, they decided not to slow the game down with the call.  We were going to decline it anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I have been telling you guys for a year that Burke was going to be a problem when he grew up. That bend with the length and quickness is rare. Fortunately, he is a tenacious mother fucker to go along with all of that. 

He certainly brings a blue collar attitude with his lunch pail.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I have been telling you guys for a year that Burke was going to be a problem when he grew up. That bend with the length and quickness is rare. Fortunately, he is a tenacious mother fucker to go along with all of that. 

He's not even close to be fully weaponized. He's still covered in baby fat.  

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

Anthony hill is a dawg. Made more than a few mental mistakes but all the talent is there.

The best part is he learned from them. The last sack of the night was his and it was a masterclass. Just watch him… he doesn’t get up field. He is patient and when milroe steps up he attacks. The guy is sooooooo good!!

7 hours ago, RabidM said:

They announcers said it looked like the refs were going to throw the flag, but since we got the sack, they decided not to slow the game down with the call.  We were going to decline it anyway. 

Which is complete and total bullshit. Penalties being called shouldnt be influenced over the assumed outcome of a play. And since when has a ref worried about slowing a game down. What if there was a PI on Texas, offsetting is a hell of a lot dif from 15 yds auto first down. That deal pissed me off thoroughly. 

• Hook 'Em 3

This D is sick this year. There were a few mistakes tonight but whatever they needed to do to turn pass pressure into sacks, that happened. Burke is a huge upgrade and might be the best player on our d line. That wasn’t expected coming out of camp. Hill is so fast and has such skill at getting to the qb. This team looks like it has 12 draftable players this year.

Thoughts in catalon though? Saw him flying around missing tackles a lot. I think he might have been too turnt up since this was his first real game back and it was such an intense moment

He's not even close to be fully weaponized. He's still covered in baby fat.  

It ain’t baby fat, he is bulking and putting on muscle so he’s running a surplus. By next year he’ll be a monster. He has great hand placement and his length is a weapon. He could really become like aiden Hutchinson or whatever

Early in the game it looked like it was going to be a long night for our D. They were getting yards in chunks and moving our guys around at will. I'm not enough of an X's and O's guy to know what changed, but once we started to get pressure on Milroe everything changed.

It's been so long since we had a defense that I honestly was a bit stunned last night. That will be the biggest and strongest offensive line they face all year and they completely manhandled them.

1 minute ago, Not a Sock said:

I fucking love this staff’s eval on Burke, he’s one of those low 4 star white dudes that we would have passed over only for him to go to the Big 10 and be an all American at some place like Iowa, Michigan or Wisconsin.

Michigan to be precise

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

I fucking love this staff’s eval on Burke, he’s one of those low 4 star white dudes that we would have passed over only for him to go to the Big 10 and be an all American at some place like Iowa, Michigan or Wisconsin.

I think this is correct. Harbaugh wanted him and it's easy to see why.