Texas vs OU 11 am or 2:30 pm?

Creasy Bear

Keep in mind once in awhile (2017, 2006, 2003, 2002), the game is broadcast at 2:30p.  Not outta the realm of possibility.  Plus there's now 3 6-day hold windows allotted to our league.  So official kick-off time should be announced on Monday, 25 September...but could take as long as until 1 October.  I'd bank on earlier flight though and if you have extra time to kill, worse places than Fair Park in which to do it.  

6 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

Yeah I was thinking that since it is ABC that there is a high likelihood that it is 2:30 pm.  I guess I'll bank on 11 am though. Thank y'all. 

There’s also a high likelihood that since it’s ABC it’s at 11am.

I’m not sure where the logic of ABC=2:30 has come from with some of you.

19 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I'll be at ACL Fest, and I always like starting the day with at 11:00 a.m. kickoff so the game doesn't conflict with some of the better mid to late afternoon shows.

I've watched it at ACL several times, and it's actually a blast.  Nice crowd and 60 beer taps a few steps away.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Pancho said:

There’s also a high likelihood that since it’s ABC it’s at 11am.

I’m not sure where the logic of ABC=2:30 has come from with some of you.

This.

2021 was ABC 11am
2017 was ESPN 2:30
2015 was ABC 11am
2014 was ABC 11am
2013 was ABC 11am

Only once in the past decade that the game was on ABC/ESPN was it not 11am and that was the year it was on ESPN

Looking ahead to week 6, there's only one other ranked on ranked matchup and it's Pac 12. Don't see who else ABC takes at 11am over Texas-OU. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Red Five said:

This is where I get people angry when I say that I prefer the 11 kick. Love getting there at 7:45 ish and having virtually no lines anywhere.

But Red Five, you could do that for a 2:30 kick as well. Yes but I would be passed out and out of money by kickoff.

I’m a big fan of 11am or 6/7pm kicks.

11am - You get the loss over with and go about your day or you get to be happy all day 

6/7 - you watch college football all day without the stigma of a loss (so it’s enjoyable) and either celebrate a win after or pass out after a loss 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yes, also a fan of the 11am kickoff. Get in, get your beers and Fletchers. Get in the stadium, commence to yelling OU Sucks and making fun of the stupid turquoise Oklahoma state flag. 

The game being on ABC has no bearing on the time this year. It might next year with the dedicated SEC game of the week spot or they may keep it at 11am since it can compete against the Big Noon game. Michigan/Ohio State is always 11am, regardless of network. National/regional time slots went out the window a long time ago.

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

Didn’t it kickoff at noon for some reason one year recently?  

I would think SEC will lock it in as their 3:30p GOW on one of the two state fair weekends going forward and build the rest of the conference slate around it just and make that day a badass inter-conference double header.  

I see we have only one SEC game in a different time zone next year. Plus Ann Arbor.  But no fucking idea what the Big 10 tv slots are gonna look like next year.  Neither do they.  Teams in all four time zones plus Guam. 

It's always fun when the game gets the rare 230 kick. Everyone is so trained to slam beers for 11am that the food court turns into an even bigger shit show by 1230.

Last 230 game sucked for getting out of there because a ton of new people were headed into Fair Park for a 7pm concert while all the football fans were trying to leave.

Team 11am here. If you don't have a Bloody Mary in your hand by 6am you're doing it wrong.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, TornACL said:

It's always fun when the game gets the rare 230 kick. Everyone is so trained to slam beers for 11am that the food court turns into an even bigger shit show by 1230.

Last 230 game sucked for getting out of there because a ton of new people were headed into Fair Park for a 7pm concert while all the football fans were trying to leave.

Team 11am here. If you don't have a Bloody Mary in your hand by 6am you're doing it wrong.

A?

One in each hand, extra spicy, is the road to success. 

I've come around to really liking the 11:00 kick.  I just remember being absolutely exhausted after a 2:30 kick and unable to do anything that evening.  But with an 11:00 kick, you can run that day-drinking marathon a lot easier.

I still would like to see a 7:00 PM kick one day.  I just think that'd be a blast.  I mean, we might all die.  But it'd still be fun.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

I’ve got the 11am thing down.

Bloodies at hotel 

White claws in uber

wax cup beers and jali-chee corny 

can beer at game purchased 2 at a time

victory beers and shots at fair

white claws in uber

Victory shots at hotel bar

Taunt Sooners, throw up in lobby, 2 hour nap, head to in-laws house for dinner

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

I hated 11 AM TX-OU games as a student and very young graduate, because I was staying out all night the night before.  Nowadays on Friday night, I go out to dinner at my usual place in Dallas, but am back sipping beers at the RV lot by 8 or 9, go to bed by 10 or 11, and waking up at 6 refreshed and ready for my first 37 wax cup beers of the day.

• Hook 'Em 4

38 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I hated 11 AM TX-OU games as a student and very young graduate, because I was staying out all night the night before.  Nowadays on Friday night, I go out to dinner at my usual place in Dallas, but am back sipping beers at the RV lot by 8 or 9, go to bed by 10 or 11, and waking up at 6 refreshed and ready for my first 37 wax cup beers of the day.

I'm 46 and I stay out all night drinking and still find a way to get to the hotel bar by 630am at the latest.

But to be fair, now that I am a sophisticate, I am no longer drinking beer by the pitcher at Across the Street Bar on Friday night. So that does help with the recovery in the morning.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Davis Lane said:

Took me a minute.

11 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Impressed at how quickly your mind works.

To be fair, it's not that good of a joke. If time ran on a 100-minute hour then it would be pretty good. But as it is, it's kinda hard to understand.