THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Here’s the problem with the “four best teams” argument. 

If Georgia plays Washington tomorrow, who is favored?

If Georgia plays Michigan? 

Nobody can tell me that Georgia wouldn’t be favored in both of those games. 

But here we are.

They were also favored against Bama.

• Hook 'Em 1

Totally get what you’re saying and I’m aware Alabama is currently a two point dog.
Let’s see where this line sits in a week. Anyone here think Michigan is going to beat Bama?

I certainly don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that they won’t. Bama’s OL is going to have a very interesting time with Michigan.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Totally get what you’re saying and I’m aware Alabama is currently a two point dog.

Let’s see where this line sits in a week. Anyone here think Michigan is going to beat Bama?

I think Michigan is really fucking good. They are better than the UM team that UGA waxed and this Bama team isn't as good as that UGA team. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Georgia should destroy Florida State with a month to prep. 

I wonder how the Rodemaker concussion changed things. Let’s say he played and FSU looks vaguely competent on offense and beats UL 24-6. Would that have been enough to get them in? 

Bruh do you not remember the last time Georgia was demotivated to play in their bowl?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bullet said:

Why would anyone care if SMU got screwed?  They can just buy some Trans Ams.    Wait, that was aggy that bought the Trans Am for their player...

Uh Aggy bought a trans am for someone else’s player. 😂 

Edited by troph
  • Haha 3

The ACC was awful.  And yet they had a 6-4 record against the SEC this year.

Congrats to Wake beating Vandy. And UNC and Clemson beating South Carolina.

Florida State beat LSU and a Graham Mertzless UF.

Miami over the Aggies.

Georgia beat GaTech. UK over Louisville. Tennessee over Virginia. Ole Miss over GaTech.

The ACC won 1 game against the top half of the SEC. A&M might squeeze in as top half I suppose. The SEC won 3 against the top 4 in the ACC.

14 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

He decided to go for it on 4th and 4 when they had 100% of the momentum.

When playing a stronger and deeper opponent, in overtime, the smart play is to go for the kill. That’s why we were shitting on Herman for not letting Sam go for two against OU in 2020. Now the play call selection is a different topic.

Edited by USNALonghorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'm just glad the nightmare scenario happened to these dumbasses(and the universities) who protected the bowl system and didn't make this 8 teams 25 years ago.

They're lucky that UW won. Oregon, Bama, FSU, Texas would have been an even bigger nightmare. 

37 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Did you say anal-ist? If so, your list makes sense.

Yes, they're certainly not good enough to be termed analysts are they?

30 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

All the teams that were up for debate had some unimpressive wins, but they won.  Bama looked mighty unsteady against USF and Auburn.  A three point win over TCU and a TD win over Houston that fired its coach is unimpressive. I’d go so far as to say that shutting out a ten win UL team without your all conference QB is not the shit performance you think it is, it’s a damn good coaching job. The key player rationale is in the stated reasoning and it’s what they’re gonna rely on.

I’m on Texas’ side here and think the committee needed to suck it up in the real world. But let’s not pretend that they do anything other than the easy “take four undefeated P5 teams” if UGA had won. 

FSU looked nearly as shittastic and horrible as -- to pick a game completely at random -- ATM did last season when they lost to App State. FSU likely caused even the most serious insomniac to doze off last night. They in no way belonged in the top 4 and the guidelines are clear about why. However we may need to talk about your declining to let go of not only a completely hypothetical situation, but one that will never, ever occur. Drinks on me!

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

FSU got fucked. Big-time. I’m a known Aggie and if you forced me to bite the bullet, I’d have said this is the proper slate: 

1. UM

2. UDub

3. FSU

4. Texas by virtue of H2H.

It physically hurts to type that but it’s true. 

If Georgia had won like everyone thought they would, then there’s no convo. Four undefeated conference champs, four slots. FSU got punished because Georgia lost and that’s a cowardly joke. 

The selection committee was in a no-win situation.  Too many deserving teams.  They knew they’d be criticized regardless of who they put in.

• Like 1