Week 13 prediction contest- Texas v OSU

Wulaw Horn

This won’t be another Tech score line simply because Texas had multiple low probability TD’s (returns, Jett Bush INT) that are unlikely to be recreated. And OSU is not going to quit in the middle of the game like Tech did.

That said I am really not a buyer on OSU. Like Tech, Gordon is a bona fide stud and there is a whole lot of meh otherwise. I have a hard time seeing them hang with Texas unless Texas is doing it for them with turnovers, reverting to soft coverages and conceding underneath throws, etc. So I could see a similar, grind them down game script even if the score line is not as gaudy.

Scheming up points early against OSU has not been a problem for Sark. I expect Texas will have a sizable lead in the late first/early second half. Whether this game is a laugher or turns into a fourth quarter dogfight will depend on that “middle eight.” If Texas lets them back in the game momentum will flip and it’s going to the wire as we’ve seen before. If not, the rout is on.

Famous last words, but I just don’t see much of a viable path to victory for OSU unless Texas just fumbles the bag big time. With the focus they have shown over the past couple weeks I don’t get the feeling they are going to do that. This is a player led group and they see the goal they have worked for sitting in front of them for the taking.

Texas: 34

OSU: 20

Total Rushing: 324 yards

Alan Bowman is the worst QB we’ll have seen this year.  He has an abysmally low QB rating (119.54, worst in the Big 12 among starting QBs), he’s thrown more interceptions than touchdowns on the season, and the OSU wide receivers are trash (Pressley, their top WR, averages less than 10 yards a catch).

Roll out the Texas Tech defensive game plan and I have no idea how Okie State scores.  If they hand it off to Ollie Gordon 30 times, he’ll end up with 107 yards and we’ll beat them by 21.  If Alan Bowman throws it 50 times, we get 4 picks and beat them by whatever number Sark wants.

42-7, Texas.  340 total rushing yards.

Texas - 38

OSU - 17

Rushing yards: 260

I think this one will be pretty similar to the Tech game, but OSU is probably a slightly better team, it's at a neutral site, and Gundy is a much better corch than McGuire.  And there will be ref fuckery.  So I'm giving OSU the benefit of the doubt on their point total.

Edited by orangebird