2023 Heisman

Hondo

11 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Are any of our guys up for any awards? I know Bert got eliminated from the Lou Groza early on. 

Sweat going to win the Outland maybe?

Is there a better kicker than Bert this year?

Is there a better D-Lineman than Sweat this year (other than Murphy, maybe)?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Jordan Travis is apparently the best/most important player in college football.  Gotta be him, right?

I was obviously being facetious; I think Daniels is, by far, the most deserving of the Heisman.

I think the same kind of bullshit that kept Oregon ranked so high will keep Nix/Penix in the picture despite their numbers not being close to Daniels'.

Same thing with the Biletnikoff.  Malik Nabers (LSU) has numbers WAY beyond Odunze or Harrison Jr., but the talking heads keep acting like it's Harrison.  It's not close either.  Odunze is a distant 2nd and the gap between 2-3 is greater than between 1-2. 

On 12/3/2023 at 2:05 PM, Neonmoon said:

Heisman is a bullshit award 

if we didn’t lose to OU, Quinn would have it locked up. 

It’s been a meaningless award to me after VY. I mean it would be great if one of our players were able to win one but too many of their members just don’t like Texas and won’t vote for us. Even when obvious. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 2:03 PM, JGrayDBU said:

how about Penix?  Any chance he can win and get a big head and we knock him off his pedestal?

I’d love for this to happen, but it won’t. Allegedly there are only 3 names are the ballot. My guess : Penix, Nix, and Daniels. I think Penix finishes 3rd.

I hope he at least gets invited to New York. If he’s excluded, he’ll play with a massive chip on his shoulder. 

8 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’d love for this to happen, but it won’t. Allegedly there are only 3 names are the ballot. My guess : Penix, Nix, and Daniels. I think Penix finishes 3rd.

I hope he at least gets invited to New York. If he’s excluded, he’ll play with a massive chip on his shoulder. 

Edit: Just saw Marvin Harrison is also a finalist. Good for him. Darn good player. 

10 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

All four of those guys are going to New York. And yes I hope Penix wins it and gets praise and dick sucking the whole time.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Daniels is a -1400 favorite. It's over.

Winning a Heisman isn’t just a game changer for the player it is also great for the program/University as we have seen. LSU has got lots of financial issues so I hope that helps bring in some dollars.

On 12/3/2023 at 3:18 PM, Bullneck said:

Is there a better kicker than Bert this year?

Is there a better D-Lineman than Sweat this year (other than Murphy, maybe)?

Damn, you are one intelligent poster!

Highest-graded run defenders among defensive tackles in Power 5 during conference championship weekend.
1. Byron Murphy II (UT), 81.7
2. Tuli Letuligasenoa (UW), 78.6
3. T'Vondre Sweat (UT), 76.9
4. Braden Fiske (FSU), 75.4
5. Brandon Dorlus (Oregon), 73.7

Edited by Bullneck

Maybe it's because I'm older, but the Heisman doesn't seem like it means much to fans anymore. 

They should seriously consider making it a free for all position-wise instead of QB heavy. Let a dominant lineman possibly win. Defensive players having a 50-50 shot to win. Would be a lot more fun to follow throughout the season. 

• Hook 'Em 5

59 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Maybe it's because I'm older, but the Heisman doesn't seem like it means much to fans anymore. 

They should seriously consider making it a free for all position-wise instead of QB heavy. Let a dominant lineman possibly win. Defensive players having a 50-50 shot to win. Would be a lot more fun to follow throughout the season. 

I’m inclined to agree, but if they didn’t give it to House of Spears in 2009, I doubt a D line will ever get it.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 1