Texas A&M - Qatar Relationship

2 minutes ago, Parliament said:

If some Aggy ahole sold nuclear tech to a middle eastern despot, what’s the punishment for that?  To live in College Station the rest of your life?

Being a loser fan of a loser football program of a loser university for the remainder of eternity, and having an ugly spouse and ugly, water-headed children, and not having a single member of your circle of friends and family be able to pour piss out of a boot with the instructions written on the heel. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Rules Sir 

I don’t take surreptitious pictures of strangers as it violates my court ordered probation.  

Edited by hookemATL
Honestly what is indecent exposure?  And how does it count as “exposure” if I am dancing to Thriller and my scrotum is stretched over my entire package to create a cool fuzzy turtle shell look?!???
  • Haha 6
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

36 minutes ago, Parliament said:

If some Aggy ahole sold nuclear tech to a middle eastern despot, what’s the punishment for that?  To live in College Station the rest of your life?

Attend every aggy midnight yell, and game next season in opponent gear (8th amendment be damned) then execution when it's all done. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Aggy jokes never get old, but in other news…

What kinda punishment is gonna come down on these gomers?  Criminal charges?  Loss of accreditation?

They should lose their DOE grants/access and maybe relook at any other US Government projects, outside glory hole construction.

Here is an itneresting program they "won".

he National Nuclear Security Administration has exercised an additional five-year option for The Texas A&M University System and its partners at Triad National Security LLC to continue managing and operating the Los Alamos National Laboratory.

In 2018, Triad, which includes Battelle Memorial Institute and the University of California, took over the management and operation of Los Alamos, one of three national weapons design labs. The original contract, which was due to expire next year, is extended to Oct. 31, 2028.

With more than 15,000 employees and a $4 billion annual budget, the laboratory is one of the largest science and technology institutes in the world, conducting multidisciplinary research in fields such as national security, space exploration, renewable energy, medicine, nanotechnology, and supercomputing.

https://today.tamu.edu/2022/12/13/feds-extend-management-contract-for-los-alamos-national-lab/

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 6

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, troph said:

Jokes aside how big of a deal is this really? Like bonafide technology disclosed or a conflict of interest or I need to stock up on guns ammo and MREs stat? 

I would say 1 and 2, plus the potential of the leak of information to other parties. And you should already have guns and MRE's 

Oh, it looks like they did not disclose the funds. Another aspect is Los Alamos does not just hand out contract extensions. That is odd. It is a bidding process. I look at grants.gov daily and did not see that or an NSF (Accelarator 1) that they announced posted. I saw the original Los Alamos bid. UT was on the team at the time. Friends at AECOM wanted the Base Ops side, not the science. Never found a partner so did not bid. But even that bid was odd.

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I will now name every person surprised by the very real possibility that aggy sold out our country and its national security in service of aggy's little brother complex and desperate need for more money to spend on football:

Yep, I think I named 'em all.

Exactly!

The real story is the U.S. Government getting pantsed by Qatar/A&M.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, pacman said:

Exactly!

The real story is the U.S. Government getting pantsed by Qatar/A&M.

rick perry forums GIF

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-politics/rick-perry-hands-texas-lucrative-los-alamos-contract/

A group that includes Texas A&M University was awarded a lucrative contract to oversee the Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico on Friday, beating out a competing bid led by the University of Texas system. The group’s bid was chosen by the U.S. Department of Energy, which is headed by A&M alum Rick Perry.

“We are committed to building on the legacy of world-class research, unparalleled innovation, and service to public good that have been the hallmark of the laboratory since it was founded in 1943,” A&M chancellor John Sharp said in a press release. A&M’s bidding group, a limited liability company called Triad National Security, includes the Battelle Memorial Institute and the University of California.

The group will inherit a facility that has long served as one of the nation’s most important nuclear weapons research centers, but has recently been marred by major workplace safety issues. The University of California has been involved in managing Los Alamos for nearly 75 years, most recently partnering with defense contractor Bechtel to run the lab after being awarded a contract in 2006. But the federal government decided in 2015 not to renew the group’s contract after its expiration in September 2017, following a series of federal investigations and performance evaluations that revealed a pattern of serious accidents and worker health and safety violations, which resulted in a total of $110 million in fines and lost performance bonuses, according to ProPublica.

• Rage+1 5

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Stopped reading here: "a senior military college."

That is an accurate description. In the United States, a senior military college (SMC) is one of six colleges that offer military Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) programs under 10 U.S.C. § 2111a(f), though many other schools offer military Reserve Officers' Training Corps under other sections of the law. 

There are 6 of them designated in the US, including VaTech, VMI,  Norwich, The Citadel, North Georgia University, and our resident idiots, Texas A&M.  For real fun, it would be magnificent to see that designation removed for conduct unbecoming.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Aggie hat on: Nothing to worry about, whoop! Except maybe your chances to compete against us in the S-E-C!

Hat still on but serious: A&Ms relationship with Qatar grosses me out and is a giant problem. Qatar is using us to edu-wash their image and has coopted several other major U.S. universities. I’m especially furious about the seemingly undisclosed gifts. 

The national security concerns are super spun up in this poorly written study, the Qatar foundation only “owns” the output of the TAMUQ campus which is a joke outpost that mainly serves to do the eduwashing above. The nuclear portion referred to amounts to a team of TAMUQ students being funded to to to CERN and work at the Large Hadron Collider— which tons of researchers do and doesn’t have a nuclear weapons utility. The partnership with Rheinmatell Bazan (German group) is not going to lead to any significant high-end tech and Qatar is not pursing any major indigenous defense capacity. They will always be a customer not a competitor.

To put into perspective, we (the U.S.) sold them a special version of the F-15 in 2016, any one of which would be more useful to an adversary than the entirety of TAMUQ’s research output. 

TL;DR: My “fine” school’s relationship with Qatar is disgusting because of the blatant insider dealing with the assholes at the top and Texas politicians in exchange for sprucing up Qatar’s awful authoritarian image. If you’re looking for national security threats and dangerous dual use research misuse, I worry about other more competent actors, namely PRC DefMin institutions that have research agreements that never get reviewed with schools all across America; often the U.S. researchers don’t know that the money they get comes straight from the PLA. 

Thank you for the explanation.  No offense, but you can see the reasoning for the concern.  There's lots of shit aggy can aggy up that doesn't affect the world, nuke capabilities near the very bottom of the list.  

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Thank you for the explanation.  No offense, but you can see the reasoning for the concern.  There's lots of shit aggy can aggy up that doesn't affect the world, nuke capabilities near the very bottom of the list.  

I don’t take offense, the leadership of the school is fucking it up in a very real way. I’ve been really depressed about it beyond the football team. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)

Devil's advocate:  What are the chances aggy  disclosed accurate relevant information?  In other words, for everything else they fuck up, this is the one they executed to a T?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952day6f71v73j2b2b2z7l

Edited by slorch

24 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Cross posting from thread in football forum….

Of course they will downplay this scandal and claim there is no threat to national security.

But knowing how stupid most aggy are, one of their numbnuts will undoubtedly and unknowingly give a sleeper terrorist agent the back door key for access to the secret shit at Los Alamos and Franklin BBQ.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, slorch said:

Devil's advocate:  What are the chances aggy  disclosed accurate relevant information?  In other words, for everything else they fuck up, this is the one they executed to a T?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952day6f71v73j2b2b2z7l

ea012932-fa11-44bf-9401-acc951180169_text.gif

I'd like to share a story.  When I left the site as "Cruiser", and came back several months later as "Lobo."  It was because I was trying to help UT System get the Los Alamos bid and had to disclose social media/message board accounts.  blacklab was kind enough to erase it all.  I was told something on a visit that stuck with me, but I kinda disregarded it at the time.  It's quite political in nature, so I won't post it here out of respect for blacklab and immamac.  Maybe we can start another thread in CR about it.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I'd like to share a story.  When I left the site as "Cruiser", and came back several months later as "Lobo."  It was because I was trying to help UT System get the Los Alamos bid and had to disclose social media/message board accounts.  blacklab was kind enough to erase it all.  I was told something on a visit that stuck with me, but I kinda disregarded it at the time.  It's quite political in nature, so I won't post it here out of respect for blacklab and immamac.  Maybe we can start another thread in CR about it.  

Ok, but I’ll have to rent a hazmat suit before venturing over there. 
😉😇

Edited by Armybrat
To add winking emoji to avoid neg backlash
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I don’t take offense, the leadership of the school is fucking it up in a very real way. I’ve been really depressed about it beyond the football team. 

Wait… are you an Aggie?

• Haha 1