Texas A&M - Qatar Relationship

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I have a ring and say howdy and everything. 

But he’s never lost and then found the ring, so that makes him a 3%er at least…  maybe 2%er if he has not sold nuclear secrets to the Qatari’s.  

Any Aggie that can blend in here is a whatever precenter we like and is good in my book. Plus - speaking of military things - he’s a major contributor in one of the great threads of shaggy / surly history.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, troph said:

Any Aggie that can blend in here is a whatever precenter we like and is good in my book. Plus - speaking of military things - he’s a major contributor in one of the great threads of shaggy / surly history.  

That's just because his ole lady tells him what to say...

tumblr_o0pa7fX6ZY1tvyli9o10_250.gif

10 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

@bolverk  What about this one?

this will put the...."no such thing as bad publicity" notion to the test!

on the brightside....with our ties, Kyle Field should be safe but that little stadium to the west might be in trouble

The entire aggy system should be shutdown and every fucking aggy should be launched into the sun.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Jesus Christ I thought this was all a parody and a fake. I had absolutely no idea this is a real thing. What the fuck

Then you're really not gonna like where this papertrail leads back to.  

Say what you will about the man, he never served as the Sec. of Energy in a corrupt administration to secure the oversight of Los Alamos with nearly expressed knowledge that some Middle Easterners of questionable character would be given far more access than they would otherwise be permitted.  I don't know if I told you this story in IRL, but I was in the room when UT System formalized its bid and I was warned later that weekend by a Los Alamos employee with loose lips after drinking that he was worried A&M/Perry would pull some shit like this.  And he was right.  But I suppose I can unfurl the tale in CR since people get upset when we question the moral fabric of Texas A&M's politics and ethics.

• Hook 'Em 6

12 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

So how do I get a sweet TAMUQ job?

Also I'm pronouncing it Tamooky.

Tamooky?  Are you thinking of the infamous Qatari dressing with zest and flavor called "Tabbouleh"?  Texas Aggies Border Bulldog Lentil Engineering Home Campus?  Dammit, I had something for this!  

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

So how do I get a sweet TAMUQ job?

Also I'm pronouncing it Tamooky.

I would also be interested cept my senior dog is half husky. It's bad enough for her in Austin.

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Say what you will about the man, he never served as the Sec. of Energy in a corrupt administration to secure the oversight of Los Alamos with nearly expressed knowledge that some Middle Easterners of questionable character would be given far more access than they would otherwise be permitted.  I don't know if I told you this story in IRL, but I was in the room when UT System formalized its bid and I was warned later that weekend by a Los Alamos employee with loose lips after drinking that he was worried A&M/Perry would pull some shit like this.  And he was right.  But I suppose I can unfurl the tale in CR since people get upset when we question the moral fabric of Texas A&M's politics and ethics.

Yeah, we know.  You've mentioned it . . . a lot.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

John Sharp: "As a former Chancellor of a mediocre-to-poor administration, I have full immunity and executive privilege!" 

Judge: "Yeah, that's not a thing when it comes to leading a glorified community college."

John Sharp: "I have the worst fucking attorneys."  

• Haha 1

On 1/7/2024 at 2:41 PM, Walser said:

I would also be interested cept my senior dog is half husky. It's bad enough for her in Austin.

Stop being cheap, and buy it a walk-in cooler with a mini snow machine. You've got the money. You've got the money, now spend the money.

• Hook 'Em 2

So TAMQU is essentially a satellite branch of TAMU CS in terms of budget classification. So TAMU is paying for TAMUQ’s operating expenses with money appropriated by the legislature for TAMU and then being reimbursed by the Qatar Foundation?

Am I misunderstanding this because it sounds fucking crazy considering that the QF has no obligation to reimburse any expenditures in excess of the budget approved by TAMU & QF. 

IMG_3419.jpeg.d5042433c0205f218462a706a731e809.jpeg

• Fuck Around and Find Out 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

John Sharp: "As a former Chancellor of a mediocre-to-poor administration, I have full immunity and executive privilege!" 
Judge: "Yeah, that's not a thing when it comes to leading a glorified community college."
John Sharp: "I have the worst fucking attorneys."  

You left out “and a Gentlemens agreement”

So TAMQU is essentially a satellite branch of TAMU CS in terms of budget classification. So TAMU is paying for TAMUQ’s operating expenses with money appropriated by the legislature for TAMU and then being reimbursed by the Qatar Foundation?
Am I misunderstanding this because it sounds fucking crazy considering that the QF has no obligation to reimburse any expenditures in excess of the budget approved by TAMU & QF. 

IMG_3419.jpeg.d5042433c0205f218462a706a731e809.jpeg

Aggy on aggy accounting: “from the inside you can’t explain it, and from the outside you can’t understand it.” Which, I gotta tell ya, is not gonna be the best legal defense.

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Aggy on aggy accounting: “from the inside you can’t explain it, and from the outside you can’t understand it.” Which, I gotta tell ya, is not gonna be the best legal defense.

Depending on the court the argument is heard in, it certainly might be enough. 

• 5 weeks later...

...aaaaand it's done.

https://www.texastribune.org/2024/02/08/texas-am-qatar-campus/

The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents voted Thursday to end its contract with the foundation that funds the system flagship’s branch campus in Qatar, effectively ending the 20-year-old program.

The vote to end the contract with the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development, which is run by the Qatar government, means the school will start winding down the Doha campus over the next four years before officially closing its doors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

This was the line that got me. it is fucking DOHA! There are a ton of US troops in country.

In a press release sent after the vote, the system said the board decided to reevaluate the university's presence in Qatar this fall "due to the heightened instability in the Middle East."

• Hook 'Em 1